The Merged Trade for Deebo Samuel Thread

5 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think Sam was more NFL ready. Sam flashed here and there but never really got any better, he kinda of just got worse. Zach came from the mountains into a system that wasn’t installed yet, a line that didn’t know the scheme yet and an offensive coordinator who waited till he was hurt until he went up into the box where he belonged.

Yet, after his injury and watching any QB not named him run the offense nicely kid showed a modicum of improvement. Still not nearly enough to think he’s going to be good to great, but plenty to think he won’t be any worse than Sam. Haha 

I think that’s the best argument anyone can make for Wilson coming off last year, so we’ll done Crusher,

I’ll stick by my original statement here though that I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if after Zach’s third season we’ll look back and think he never was any better as a Jet than Sam.

We’ll find out in two years.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

I wouldnt say broken more than a work in progress. Remember this is the result of rookie first rounders getting paid elite salaries and vets wanted a bigger slice of the pie and owners fidnt want to get screwed by busts.

They'll modify things.

Hopefully otherwise if Elijah Moore breaks out  this year or next, Jets may have some work to do to retain him. 

12 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

It's completely different. It seems pretty clear Carolina (Coaching staff and Management) feels they screwed up with Sam. They do not see a future with him. It's pretty common knowledge that JD "fleeced" Carolina on that trade.

Regardless of what you or other Zach doubters think, Saleh and JD are 100% in on Zach and think he's got the goods. Doesn't mean he'll succeed, it just means the Jets Organization thinks he'll be awesome.

Where did I say I was a “Zach doubter”?

What I said say was, we didn’t really fleece Carolina getting two 2nd round picks for a 24 yo 3 year starting QB, and as of today, we have no valid reason to think Zach will end up being any better than him in two years.

1 minute ago, JetsFanNick12 said:

@TonyPauline says a league executive told him “Jets will get Deebo Samuel, that number 10 pick belongs to San Francisco.” He goes on to say there are rumors tonight they have told Deebo he can seek a trade…thought around league is #Jets will make an “offer they can’t refuse”

10 and that’s it. Nothing to get crazy over. 

• Upvote 3