Jets expected win total went from 4.7 wins to 7.2 wins after the draft - that is huge!

The New York Jets are now EXPECTED to win 7.2 games next season. That is a huge jump 2.5 games - obviously the biggest jump of all NFL teams. Just saw this now on NFL network reported by Cynthia Frelund. Who am I to argue with her.  Jets can win even more games than that if Zach is what we think he is or can be. Now go out and bring in a decent                  O-Lineman between now and training camp to back up both LT and RT and go win some games!

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Where is 7.2 coming from? 

NFL Network - Cynthia Frelund. She was live on NFL total access. I haven't seen it yet on their site but I imagine there will soon be an article with all the teams projected win totals.

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

NFL Network - Cynthia Frelund. She was live on NFL total access. I haven't seen it yet on their site but I imagine there will soon be an article with all the teams projected win totals.

Ahh ok, I think people reading your OP will just assume you are talking about win totals in Vegas 

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ahh ok, I think people reading your OP will just assume you are talking about win totals in Vegas 

I hear ya - yeah wasn't Vegas but its got to make anyone with a bet in place feel better about their bet. Also if Vegas is still at 5.5 I think that's low! I think it will climb there also - not to 7.2 but maybe 6.0. So grab 5.5 right now! Also Vegas is slow to react.

Good, but I think 7.2 games is expected from everyone who's tuned into the Jets.  7-10 is still not good, that would mean something went wrong and bad trends continued throughout the season (Zach, O-Line, defense, injuries, coaching, etc.)

At this point in time I am still quite skeptical of Saleh.  I like him and want to believe, but this defense has to be middle of the pack MINIMUM.  Too much money and picks spent on all three phases of it.  I think the offense, especially Zach, will be the best its been in a LONG time.

As we approach summer and camps, all I can do is hope this team will be relieved of its injury curse.

2 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

Cynthia lost all credibility with me with her ridiculous proposed Deebo trade

I was just gonna post this...these analytics people have a hard time thinking when the computer doesn't spit out numbers for them.  I think she said 10. 35, and Moore. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, undertow said:

I was just gonna post this...these analytics people have a hard time thinking when the computer doesn't spit out numbers for them.  I think she said 10. 35, and Moore. 

Yeah, that was it. When she got called out on it her response was "that's what the math said was a fair trade". Analytics have their place but an over reliance on them has ruined baseball. Football could be next

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NamathToSauer said:

Yeah, that was it. When she got called out on it her response was "that's what the math said was a fair trade". Analytics have their place but an over reliance on them has ruined baseball. Football could be next

It removes common sense from the equation....watch the San Diego Chargers play football they go for it on 4th down every possession even if they are ahead and on their own 20 in a playoff game or the Tampa Rays when they pulled their ace pitcher in game 7 of the World Series in the 5th inning because it was the third time through the line up.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, NamathToSauer said:

Cynthia lost all credibility with me with her ridiculous proposed Deebo trade

Relax…. She’s a Jet fan and a good looking one at that. She thought bringing in Debo was a home run and got overly excited with what she thought was fair. 

GW + 35 (JJ Trade) and Moore (young stud) + $80m in savings is way more valuable than Debo. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, undertow said:

It removes common sense from the equation....watch the San Diego Chargers play football they go for it on 4th down every possession even if they are ahead and on their own 20 in a playoff game or the Tampa Rays when they pulled their ace pitcher in game 7 of the World Series in the 5th inning because it was the third time through the line up.

The Chargers game manager that worked with Staley on whether to go for it is now the Jets game manager. 

Jets hire Dan Shamash off of Chargers staff known for fourth-down aggressiveness

March 8, 2022 | 11:15am

https://nypost.com/2022/03/08/jets-hire-dan-shamash-off-of-aggressive-chargers-staff/amp/

13 hours ago, Nixhead said:

The New York Jets are now EXPECTED to win 7.2 games next season. That is a huge jump 2.5 games - obviously the biggest jump of all NFL teams. Just saw this now on NFL network reported by Cynthia Frelund. Who am I to argue with her.  Jets can win even more games than that if Zach is what we think he is or can be. Now go out and bring in a decent                  O-Lineman between now and training camp to back up both LT and RT and go win some games!

I put about as much credibility into her models as I do plugging these players into Madden and pretending my season represents the future. But still, I think it was during the draft where I asked if the Vegas number had moved yet with the players the Jets were adding. It won’t until enough money makes it move, but I believe it will. Especially if we start getting some good practice reports. 

12 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I hear ya - yeah wasn't Vegas but its got to make anyone with a bet in place feel better about their bet. Also if Vegas is still at 5.5 I think that's low! I think it will climb there also - not to 7.2 but maybe 6.0. So grab 5.5 right now! Also Vegas is slow to react.

? at Vegas is slow to react.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Nixhead said:

If Wilson plays well with consistency, the Jets will win 10 - 12 games.  He does not have to play lights out. He just has to be solid and consistent.  Move the chains.  

Here is my prediction: 

IF WILSON PLAYS WELL AND WITH CONSISTENCY - 12 WINS

CLEVELAND: W

GB: L

MIAMI: W

VIKES: W

PATS: W

BILLS: L

PATS: L

RAVENS: W

BENGALS: L

BEARS: W

LIONS: W

SQUEELERS: W (they better)

BILLS: W

BRONCOS: W

JAGS: W

SEAHAWKS: W

IF WILSON SUCKS - 6 WINS

CLEVELAND: L

GB: L

MIAMI: L

VIKES: W

RAVENS: L

BENGALS: L

BEARS: W

LIONS: W

SQUEELERS: W (they better)

BRONCOS: W

JAGS: W

SEAHAWKS: L

2 hours ago, C Mart said:

The Chargers game manager that worked with Staley on whether to go for it is now the Jets game manager. 

Jets hire Dan Shamash off of Chargers staff known for fourth-down aggressiveness

March 8, 2022 | 11:15am

https://nypost.com/2022/03/08/jets-hire-dan-shamash-off-of-aggressive-chargers-staff/amp/

Well that's terrible news game management is what cost the Chargers a playoff berth last year the last game of the year for them was a disaster. 

14 hours ago, Nixhead said:

I would love to argue with Cynthia...maybe about how 7 minutes is actually well above the mean....

4efgpb1ar9v51.thumb.jpg.2f1e5681c35aaf51287dbb164f31050a.jpg

• Haha 2