Mekhi Becton admits missing OTA's was why he struggled in training camp and then promises not to miss them again. From 2021 he is missing them again.

11 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Took the full two months of paternity leave when my son was born. Nobody will ever convince me that's not the right thing to do.

Just had 7 weeks off in October for my first born. Was a special time I’ll always cherish. Best of luck to Becton

• Upvote 4

Just had my first child 3 weeks ago. Fortunate to have off from work. Can’t imagine dropping all that responsibility on my wife. Hope Mekhi enjoys every bit of his time - there’s more important things than football and this is voluntary so bagging on him about it is a bad look no matter how you slice it or spin it. 

• Upvote 3

Has anyone even considered that being in the facility would put him in contact with hundreds of people a day and then he and his wife would have to be concerned about contacting Covid and bringing it into the home. Working in a smaller group would probably be safer than not. If it were my family, I wouldn’t risk it. Congratulations Mekhi, and see you in training camp.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

It’s a process.  Video games will not play themselves.  Hit pause.

This was his most recent Instagram post. Figured it would be endless pics of the new baby. Alas, it was him firing up his Twitch feed. 

0F865778-B1B3-4C5F-B1F4-A37BA438F7C6.png

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

This was his most recent Instagram post. Figured it would be endless pics of the new baby. Alas, it was him firing up his Twitch feed. 

0F865778-B1B3-4C5F-B1F4-A37BA438F7C6.png

He never said he’s missing voluntary workouts (with intense medicine ball tossing ) because of the baby 

this is another impotent narrative 

he’s training with the guy that is called the guru or mastermind of Oline training 

• Thumb Down 1

18 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Hard to say, but staring down at your first born child makes life seem a lot more real. I think he comes back and puts it out there and surprises us all. 

For most people with an ounce of conscience you are correct. The fact that you are now responsible for another human being that depends on you should be life changing to almost everyone, however that's not always the case. I'm guessing we'll see soon. Still holding out hope for the big guy.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Which also makes it hard to take them very seriously. Becton got some proving to do this year. But missing some light OTA's isn't going to make or break anyone. 

No, it’s not. But for him they’re definitely more meaningful because no one knows if he’s in shape or not. Giving the Jets a heads up if he’s not ready to go earlier rather than later would be helpful. There was really no reason why he couldn’t make an appearance in the beginning of the month at the facility.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

True, it was like that for my first one, like that for my second, kinda like that for the third, for the fourth I got of pit in my stomach and after the fifth I could only think about how soon I could schedule a vasectomy. 

5? God bless 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Nobody on this thread would voluntarily go into work if they just had a newborn especially if they didn’t have to 

For a player who not only his starting job is in jeopardy but his career is in jeopardy and his future potential earnings - Yes you go to practice. I've had 3 kids and after each child I was back at work the next day - or maybe even the same day and I owned my own business. Once the baby is born and the Mom is OK its go time! Babies sleep a lot and dad will probably have a few more in the years to come. No reason for Dad to be around the house all day - any smart mommy would kick him out anyway and tell him to go make your millions. Something else stinks here and Im not buying this new baby excuse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Same here.

You ready to “put your name on it “ like you did about Mike White starting when Zach returned from his knee injury?

this could be more fun, White won’t even be active on game day 

54 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s a 2 hour practice lol

So then what is everyone bitching about? You honestly think that a few two hour practices is what finally cracks the game open for the guy? Why is everyone so invested in whether or not this dude goes to voluntary OTAs? He’s working out at home, is a new dad, is getting some other things in his young life in order, and I’m sure he and his trainer are in contact with the team. It doesn’t seem to bother Saleh, so what’s the problem? Maybe in secret the front office is pissed and they’re just deflecting. Then he’ll play less and eventually be off the team. This is how football works. Some guys make it, some don’t. 

11 minutes ago, the Claw said:

So then what is everyone bitching about? You honestly think that a few two hour practices is what finally cracks the game open for the guy? Why is everyone so invested in whether or not this dude goes to voluntary OTAs? He’s working out at home, is a new dad, is getting some other things in his young life in order, and I’m sure he and his trainer are in contact with the team. It doesn’t seem to bother Saleh, so what’s the problem? Maybe in secret the front office is pissed and they’re just deflecting. Then he’ll play less and eventually be off the team. This is how football works. Some guys make it, some don’t. 

I think everything matters. OTA’s or whatever…everything matters. If he showed up in shape earlier this month no one would be saying anything now while he’s with his gf and kid. With him, conditioning has been a flag. The team not being in the know makes it more difficult to project for the 2022 season. He was a first round pick 2 years ago. Of course he’s going to be talked about. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

True, it was like that for my first one, like that for my second, kinda like that for the third, for the fourth I got a pit in my stomach and after the fifth I could only think about how soon I could schedule a vasectomy. 

Your new screen name should be Anton Crom.  You are now roughly half the man he is.

• Haha 1

I think I see what the problem here is.

For the last 20 years, we have had external villains.  Brady, Belichick, PatsFanTx, and then a long list of one-year wonders like OBJ, AB, and many others who united us in our dislike.

Now with Brady moving on, BB becoming nearly irrelevant, and no sign of PatsFanTx for years, we are turning on ourselves like a pack of hungry wolves.  Not that we didn't call out Jets who didn't perform (LeVeon Bell anyone?) but this year just feels more toxic.  We turn on JD but then he has a good draft so we pivot to Becton without missing a beat.  The troll force is strong in many.  

I guess we need a good villain in our lives again.  Josh Allen just doesn't seem to be enough of a dick to qualify.  Not sure who will step up but hoping someone does soon.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think I see what the problem here is.

For the last 20 years, we have had external villains.  Brady, Belichick, PatsFanTx, and then a long list of one-year wonders like OBJ, AB, and many others who united us in our dislike.

Now with Brady moving on, BB becoming nearly irrelevant, and no sign of PatsFanTx for years, we are turning on ourselves like a pack of hungry wolves.  Not that we didn't call out Jets who didn't perform (LeVeon Bell anyone?) but this year just feels more toxic.  We turn on JD but then he has a good draft so we pivot to Becton without missing a beat.  The troll force is strong in many.  

I guess we need a good villain in our lives again.  Josh Allen just doesn't seem to be enough of a dick to qualify.  Not sure who will step up but hoping someone does soon.

Eh. The Jets have been abysmal under Douglas and they’re projected to win six games this year facing a schedule that looks like a woodchipper for us. It’s just Jets-based anxiety playing out in real time. The homers are just more defensive about it because, in theory, the Jets *should* be a lot better than they are universally projected to be.