Becton OFF Pup list....

12 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

4 seconds?  Really?  You might wanna fix that stop watch of yours.

Zach Wilson gets the ball and begins his drop back at 0:01

6E9A4F80-4DE8-4063-AFC1-9DFB52729951.thumb.jpeg.90b520af91998204121ba27c6158d640.jpeg

Becton is firmly beat and the pressure is on at 0:03.  Zach is fleshed out at this point and sacked at 0:04.

B0685EAF-7D54-4893-B5F7-BFC40EB9DEB8.thumb.jpeg.45762ab5fe67af3851b8828e66cb5724.jpeg

Calling that “4 seconds” to throw is hilariously generous and flat-out wrong

Ball should of been out  more than enough time there. Especially when the average time throw in the NFL is 2.7 seconds.  How about some clips of his actual bad plays not one of Zach holding the ball to long. I mean he was bad all game right? Should be easy

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Yikes this is what your hoping for? 

Who the hell said I’m hoping for it?

You’d be a goof to deny this as a strong possibility.

The dude hasn’t stepped foot on a field in nearly 11 months after what was initially diagnosed as a 4-8 week injury, CLEARLY gained a fair amount of weight during that time and then shed much of it over the last 6 weeks, spent most of the time he has been away posting on social media about playing Grand Theft Auto Online, etc.

Why it’s so flabbergasting for many of you to accept that some of us have legitimate issues with this guys overall motivation is simply beyond me.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Ball should of been out  more than enough time there. Especially when the average time throw in the NFL is 2.7 seconds.  

I, quite literally, gave you time-stamps showing that, at best, Zach was given under 2.7 seconds to throw, and you’re still arguing that it wasn’t Becton’s fault that he got beat by a guy who finished the 2021 season with 3 sacks, one against Mekhi himself.

At this point you are seeing what you want to see, even if it goes against tangible evidence. 

28 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He got absolutely decimated in training camp last year

I’m not putting one iota of energy into using pre-season games to evaluate him.  

Mogglez. Kinda confused here with this post. You’re not evaluating pre season games but more emphasis in training camp Curious to know why that is 

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Yes, sticking our heads in the sand and pretending that there are zero concerns with a player who took a 4-6 week injury and turned it into a season long injury by playing GTA Online every day during the season and eating himself to 400 lbs is the only way to join the illustrious “real fanzzz” club.

Enough with this lecturing.  Becton earned this criticism and doubt all by himself.

Dislocated knee cap was never a 4-6 week injury   Doctors blew this timeline 

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Seriously

Watch Becton strain a hammy tomorrow and his same defenders will come up with some other BS excuse. “Well…he hasn’t been on a football field in nearly a year!”.

Hell, there are still people who believe the reports about him having weight issues are fabricated. Despite the fact that Saleh just made it an emphasis to say that his weight is down within the last 2-3 days

No one who has raked Becton over the coals, for very well earned coal-raking sh*t, is rooting for him to fail. We just invested a Top 12 pick in this f*cking guy two years ago and are trying to actively develop a young QB. I would love nothing more than for Becton to keep his weight at around 345 and stay on the football field while playing at a high level.

But has my confidence been shaken in that happening? How the hell could it not?

He gained weight which is undeniable but he is in camp now and from all reports arrived in good shape and is ready to go. 

Let’s wait and see how Becton plays during the season before we fans run him out of town 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I, quite literally, gave you time-stamps showing that, at best, Zach was given under 2.7 seconds to throw, and you’re still arguing that it wasn’t Becton’s fault that he got beat by a guy who finished the 2021 season with 3 sacks, one against Mekhi himself.

At this point you are seeing what you want to see, even if it goes against tangible evidence. 

Bad all game correct?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Bad all hame correct?

No, not at all.  I didn’t say that.  I said he wasn’t solid or great, and was up and down/mediocre at best.  But hey, keep drumming up those what-about-isms. 

22 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, I don’t really care about what PFF has to say.  PFF has him credited with zero sacks for that game and yet this play exists: 

He was not solid.  He was mediocre at best 

I didn’t realize how dug in you were. In Becton’s defense here, the whole offensive line sucked for the first 4-6 weeks of the season. They had no idea, collectively, what they were supposed to be doing in their new zone blocking scheme. First game of the season? Who knows who was supposed to be where here? 

He stays healthy, he’s the starting LT this year. And they’re gonna be very careful with him. He’s gotta prove it on the field, no doubt, and I suspect that we’re gonna get to see that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

48 minutes ago, CSNY said:

Mogglez. Kinda confused here with this post. You’re not evaluating pre season games but more emphasis in training camp Curious to know why that is 

Training camp is significantly more important than pre-season games.  You hear this every year from coaches.

Dislocated knee cap was never a 4-6 week injury   Doctors blew this timeline 

I’ve heard this a ton and haven’t seen anything to back it up.  We DO know, through insiders and interviews with Saleh, that he blew up to a very large weight, which derailed his rehab.  Even if you wanted to tack on two extra weeks, it never should have been more than a 6-8 week injury.  Period.  He missed time because he got fat.  Those are facts.

He gained weight which is undeniable but he is in camp now and from all reports arrived in good shape and is ready to go. 

Agreed.

Let’s wait and see how Becton plays during the season before we fans run him out of town 

Fair. I’m just not going to blindly accept that and say everything is forgiven.

9 minutes ago, slats said:

I didn’t realize how dug in you were. In Becton’s defense here, the whole offensive line sucked for the first 4-6 weeks of the season. They had no idea, collectively, what they were supposed to be doing in their new zone blocking scheme. First game of the season? Who knows who was supposed to be where here? 

He stays healthy, he’s the starting LT this year. And they’re gonna be very careful with him. He’s gotta prove it on the field, no doubt, and I suspect that we’re gonna get to see that. 

I’m dug in because I care.  His job is to protect the blind side of Zach Wilson.  That makes him the bodyguard to our most valuable asset.  That means I don’t want a lazy, out of shape, and uninterested LT.  

Becton has a great 2020 and a disaster of a 2021 under his belt.  Like someone else said: he’s batting .500 so far.  It’s up to him to make that .750 after next year, not .250.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

So he was mediocre and yet forced the panthers to take burns away from his side.

Buddy, they took Burns off his side and he got beat by someone significantly worse.  This isn’t the “gotcha!” moment in the debate that you think it is.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I’m dug in because I care.  His job is to protect the blind side of Zach Wilson.  That makes him the bodyguard to our most valuable asset.  That means I don’t want a lazy, out of shape, and uninterested LT.  

Becton has a great 2020 and a disaster of a 2021 under his belt.  Like someone else said: he’s batting .500 so far.  It’s up to him to make that .750 after next year, not .250.

I got the impression you didn’t like him from when he was picked, but fair enough. I feel like that math is a little wonky, but I agree in principle. :)

• Sympathy 1

Just now, slats said:

I got the impression you didn’t like him from when he was picked, but fair enough. I feel like that math is a little wonky, but I agree in principle. :)

I’ll completely admit that I didn’t like him as a prospect, for a number of reasons, weight concerns being one of them.  I have never shied away from that.  That being said, I ate my crow with a smile in 2020 and kept on eating until Becton himself stopped serving it.  I’m hoping Chef Becton serves it up again on a silver platter this year.  That being said, I still have my concerns.  That’s all I’m saying!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mogglez said:

Buddy, they took Burns off his side and he got beat by someone significantly worse, this isn’t the flex in the debate you think it is.

you haven’t back up anything. Besides posting clip of Zach holding the ball to long. Becton has never been liability on game day.  And wasn't one vs carolina. But its whatever where not gonna agree here. So it is what it is. 

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

you haven’t back up anything. Besides posting clip of Zach holding the ball to long. Becton has never been liability on game day.  And wasn't one vs carolina. But its whatever where not gonna agree here. So it is what it is. 

Zach didn’t hold the ball too long, lmfao.  I have proved that, with time-stamps and your own words/stats (league average is 2.7 seconds remember?).  I showed you him getting beat like a drum by a guy who finished the 2021 season with 3 sacks. I have tangible proof and you have your, factually, wrong opinions. But hey, you keep dying on that lonely hill to protect a guy who didn’t play football last season because he, genuinely, didn’t enough of a sh*t to get back on the field with the rest of his teammates.

Interesting note I just read.  

Once a player is activated off the PuP list, they can’t go back on.  (At least according to the article I just read)

This tells me they’re really happy with his recovery and conditioning.  If they had any doubts they likely would have left him on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Zach didn’t hold the ball too long, lmfao.  I have proved that, with time-stamps and your own words/stats (league average is 2.7 seconds remember?).  I showed you him getting beat like a drum by a guy who finished the 2021 season with 3 sacks. I have tangible proof and you have your, factually, wrong opinions. But hey, you keep dying on that lonely hill to protect a guy who didn’t play football last season because he, genuinely, didn’t enough of a sh*t to get back on the field with the rest of his teammates.

he was mediocre for the entire game. Show me the proof of that? 1 play regardless how you spin is it not gonna  back up that kinda claim.

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Exactly

I don’t care if you’re a believer in Zach Wilson or not.

The facts are, the Jets just made him the highest drafted QB this side of Namath in the history of the franchise. I want the dude I just drafted #11 overall two years ago to at the very least be a cornerstone RT for another 5 years.

This team has all the surprise makings of a 10-7 wildcard this year if Wilson can make a leap with what’s been added around him and we finally don’t get bent over a barrel with injuries for the umpteenth year in a row.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

All those negative comments for naught

First. This is great news and all sensible Jets fans are happy.

Becton is like Zach only more so. The jury is still out. Zach needs to show progress in his second year. He has a lot more tools to work with. I believe he will.

Becton also needs to show the progress in year 3 that we all hoped for last year. He also has a lot of self inflicted wounds that have created reasonable doubt. Both can be put to rest with a good training camp and strong season.

We all want to be convinced. 

• Upvote 2

I find it somewhat comical that so much of this thread is devoted to whether Becton was good or so so in the partial game he played. He only played part of one game, got hurt, got fat, had a baby. Now he has lost weight, must have passed the fitness test and is off the PUP. He now has a chance to either prove or disprove in 2022 whether he is a viable NFL tackle that can be relied on game to game. I believe we are all hoping that is the case but he has a lot to prove to most of us fans.

I'm still waiting for someone to post an actual picture of Becton being super fat or getting burned by Lawson last year.  I *read* it here, many times, vociferously stated, yet never saw anything showing it at all.  Having a training camp tweet say "Lawson is beating Becton like a drum" without any context of what the oline was working on at that time vs. the go-go dline that was getting put in tells me nothing.  All I'm asking is for some proof of the claim to be presented before people start going to the mattresses about something.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

.667 or .333 if you want to get technical. 

He passed the first test of 2022 training camp.  Which is a good thing, but still a lot more tests to come.  We will be a much better team in 2022 with a healthy Becton making it through a full season.  He took the first step today.  Hopefuy the first of many.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Again, it's too early for back-patting victory laps.  Not being on the PUP isn't a high hurdle.

Well there is room for back patting when there were more than a few saying he was fat and out of shape.  That he spent the off season playing video games and not working out.  That he was on the PUP list because he was too fat.  That he was lazy.  And my favorite, he will never play another down with the NY Jets .

Well Done Good Job GIF by Lopez on TV Land

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Origen said:

I'm still waiting for someone to post an actual picture of Becton being super fat or getting burned by Lawson last year.  I *read* it here, many times, vociferously stated, yet never saw anything showing it at all.  Having a training camp tweet say "Lawson is beating Becton like a drum" without any context of what the oline was working on at that time vs. the go-go dline that was getting put in tells me nothing.  All I'm asking is for some proof of the claim to be presented before people start going to the mattresses about something.

Very fair post

39 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Beat like a drum?   He gave up a sack where the QB might have held it too long.  Regardless, you post one play from the first game of the year for a second year player playing his first game in a new system and thats the basis for your position?   Idc if the DE just got off a bus, he is a starting professional football player .   They get paid to make plays too.   If he really sucked all game there should be innumerable plays to demonstrate that, so lets see them.

And you discount his entire body of work in his rookie year to comment on his partial game last year?    Did you see all the great pass rushers he stoned his first year??    Or did he suck then too???

Becton stunk last year.  We all know that.  He had a successful rookie year and thought the nfl was easy.  He got lazy in the offseason and got his ass kicked last preseason.

He now knows that the nfl isnt easy and you have to work hard to stay on top.  If he stays healthy, he should return to his rookie form and improve from there.

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

he was mediocre for the entire game. Show me the proof of that? 1 play regardless how you spin is it not gonna  back up that kinda claim.

I gave you proof of him giving up one sack in less than three full quarters of play, to a player who he, quite frankly, should not have surrendered a sack to.  You don’t get to throw it out as “just one play”.  No one on that line played well.  But since you asked, sure, here’s three more bad reps that I found while watching a replay of the game, that I have turned into .75 speed GIFs:

1. Blows his assignment, letting a free rusher in and leaving AVT out to dry, while he stands around knowing he f*cked up.

5F304CBD-F3E6-4F31-9ED2-77233CECAC90.gif.262575c3e9f247603d1ab55edd723ce6.gif

2. He gets beat clean, but a nice play design and quick read by Zach saves him from criticism by most.  He still got his QB hit on the play and it was a very bad rep for him.

99CCC298-BBAB-4D87-8E57-0098B75AE76C.gif.d2f00f64456c47adddf20f852e3ff20a.gif

3. A pathetic attempt at a block on an end-around carry by Elijah Moore.

6761A1E5-4C85-49A8-A71D-0AAEE4BF2C57.gif.ad1105435c8a6430c0b01b801f358570.gif

I’m done proving you wrong now.  I have provided 4 plays to match your video of 4 good reps.  There are more I can make GIFs of, but it’s not necessary at this point.  Mainly because it was obvious to anyone who paid attention last year that his level of play was not the same level we saw in 2020.  Especially those who attended training camp.  You can close your eyes and ears as tightly as you want.  He was on the field for one game and was up and down/mediocre at best.  The fact that he only played 3 quarters of football last year was his fault as well and is a well deserved critique.

30 minutes ago, Lith said:

.667 or .333 if you want to get technical. 

He passed the first test of 2022 training camp.  Which is a good thing, but still a lot more tests to come.  We will be a much better team in 2022 with a healthy Becton making it through a full season.  He took the first step today.  Hopefuy the first of many.

I never was a math guy, hahaha.

1 hour ago, IndianaJet said:

Interesting note I just read.  

Once a player is activated off the PuP list, they can’t go back on.  (At least according to the article I just read)

This tells me they’re really happy with his recovery and conditioning.  If they had any doubts they likely would have left him on. 

I cant believe I opened this thread to so much negativity about the guy.

Im really not sure what anyone one who was worried about his work ethic or conditioning (myself included) can say at this point. On day 1 he passed the conditioning test and is in shape enough to be activated off the PUP, what else do you guys want?  Im shocked and thrilled that he is at this point in his conditioning, its great news to start camp.

Yea his 2021 was an injury/disaster and we hope to see improvement but overall he had a good rookie year, is back healthy and in shape.  Until Bryce Huff starts abusing him  in practice I really dont see the point of being negative towards him

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2