Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter

Facts

I honestly don't care who provides competent QB play, as long as we get it. That said, of course I'd rather it come from zach as he has long term prospects. But I'll take a couple solid years of flacco at this point.
I can respect that.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, tfine said:

LOL
Saleh was supposed to be a fiery, defensive guru who brings the whole team together.

Apparently, “coach” reads books on the Navy Seals, has some potential as a self-help guru / motivational speaker in his post-football career, and is a big fan of slogans on t-shirts.

That’s fine and all.

Just wondering where the brilliant football insights are — if he has any — and what the plan is on how to  contain Lamar Jackson and beat the Baltimore Ravens.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I honestly don't care who provides competent QB play, as long as we get it. That said, of course I'd rather it come from zach as he has long term prospects. But I'll take a couple solid years of flacco at this point.

Agreed

It’s sad that Flacco

1) Isn’t good 

2) Is still better than ZW

As Mogglez suggested, I think there is some slim chance of some late career magic like with Vinny.

But I’m just hoping for a guy who can keep the chains moving, command the huddle, and not hurt the team with negative plays, turnovers, hero ball, etc.

• Upvote 2

Agreed
It’s sad that Flacco
1) Isn’t good 
2) Is still better than ZW
As Mogglez suggested, I think there is some slim chance of some late career magic like with Vinny.
But I’m just hoping for a guy who can keep the chains moving, command the huddle, and not hurt the team with negative plays, turnovers, hero ball, etc.

It’s amazing that when Pennington was QB he was criticized for his arm strength and not putting the team on his back to win games like Manning or Roethlisberger. All he did was move the chains and played it safe, but that wasn’t good enough. Now we have a kid who can sling it, tries to make plays when things aren’t there and it’s considered “hero ball” . You can’t make this sh*t up. The stunting of Zach’s growth has begun with creating that narrative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

The Jets with Joe Flacco leading them actually look like a REAL NFL team for the first time in a decade. Denzel Mims also has got to be the happiest player on the team with Joe at the helm, he looks like a potential star when the QB throwing to him puts the ball where it's supposed to be-UNlike Wilson with his wild high throws.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tfine said:

You do realize that our talent level on defense was the worst in the NFL right? I mean literally every lvl of our defense was made up of mostly rookies and second year players drafted in like the fourth, fifth or sixth round.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

your right. but where talking the worst defense in NFL history. i bet Rex or Bowles would never let that happen. im not saying they would be top 10 or even top 20 but with Salehs pedigree of being a very good defensive coach that was unacceptable.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The Jets with Joe Flacco leading them actually look like a REAL NFL team for the first time in a decade. Denzel Mims also has got to be the happiest player on the team with Joe at the helm, he looks like a potential star when the QB throwing to him puts the ball where it's supposed to be-UNlike Wilson with his wild high throws.

Flacco looking

breaking bad jeans GIF

your right. but where talking the worst defense in NFL history. i bet Rex or Bowles would never let that happen. im not saying they would be top 10 or even top 20 but with Salehs pedigree of being a very good defensive coach that was unacceptable.

I highly doubt it was the worst in NFL history, but I agree it was bad. You just have to take into consideration that it was basically a college team out there last season and not best players in college either. Also Rex and Bowles had defenses that were on the moon talent wise. So that part we don’t know.

15 hours ago, Facts said:

The Zach Wilson reign was a fantastic portion of 1 year.

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt reports Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter in training camp. 

Flacco has operated as New York's starter after Zach Wilson suffered a frightening knee injury in the team's first preseason game. Wilson has since undergone surgery and likely won't be ready for Week 1. Flacco, 37, recently completed 10 straight passes in 11-on-11 practices, hitting pass catchers in stride and demonstrating a command of the Jets offense. Rosenblatt said Flacco on Tuesday "completed 14 of 17 passes, with four touchdowns, all of them in the red zone — an area in which Wilson had struggled at times in training camp." There's a reasonable argument that Flacco would be better for the fantasy prospects of Jets pass catchers than Wilson, who has struggled at times during camp. New York receivers have complimented Flacco's delivery since he took over as starter. Flacco could be a pleasant surprise in superflex formats early in the regular season. He would have a revenge game against Baltimore in Week 1. 

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/702/joe-flacco

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Curious, what would Rex or Bowles have done with a secondary missing it’s 2 S’s, a couple of corners, starting DBs signed that week off the street, only one LB then a LB off the street and most of its DL injured?  What would any DC have done with what they had.  It’s a dream that someone else would have got those players to play so much better.   
Then realize that Saleh isn’t the defensive coach, he’s the HC.  Urlich is the DC.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, slats said:

I suspect it’s a counter-insurgency campaign. 

You suspect this because you’re on one side of the argument only and everyone else is either the enemy or a “whiner”.

I imagine it’s tough to toe the line between being a mod AND being a regular poster.  But you haven’t been doing a great job of it lately.  There’s likely no quota on how many “negative posts” you have to respond to in a given day.  Maybe take a few plays off there champ.  

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You suspect this because you’re on one side of the argument only and everyone else is either the enemy or a “whiner”.

I imagine it’s tough to toe the line between being a mod AND being a regular poster.  But you haven’t been doing a great job of it lately.  There’s likely no quota on how many “negative posts” you have to respond to in a given day.  Maybe take a few plays off there champ.  

Before this one, that was my only post today. 

I’m in a great place. Becton being out and Zach being sidelined has quieted most of the chronic complainers, presumably, because T0m hasn’t identified the next Jet to hate. They’re having a nice weekend against the Falcons, and I’m having one, too. 

Also, gfy. ?

• Haha 4

How about this for a strategy:

• Let Flacco play the AFC North teams that he knows.  Let him deal with their pass rushes.  Let him help the offense come together and develop in the early part of the season.  My guess is that the offense will start to look capable, regardless of what the record is.
  • By that time Zach Wilson should be fully healed.  He will have an offense that is tuned up and ready to go.  Let's see how he does in it. If he can't look as good as Flacco, its time to move on. 

Flaccid is playing great.  There is no denying that.  But the Jets as an organization need to find the qb who will lead them for the next 15 years.  Thats not Flaccid.

It looks like there are 2 different agendas here.  The fans agenda is win 10 games this season w/ flaccid, be a fringe playoff team and have nothing set for the future.

The Jets organization’s agenda is to find the qb for the next 15 years that can win us multiple Super Bowls.

Ill go w/ the find the qb to win multiple super bowls then win 10 games, get bounced in rnd 1 of the playoffs and have no future.

Good thing our coach and GM couldnt give two sh!ts about the fans.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

• Let Flacco play the AFC North teams that he knows.  Let him deal with their pass rushes.  Let him help the offense come together and develop in the early part of the season.  My guess is that the offense will start to look capable, regardless of what the record is.
  • By that time Zach Wilson should be fully healed.  He will have an offense that is tuned up and ready to go.  Let's see how he does in it. If he can't look as good as Flacco, its time to move on. 

You know - not terrible.

the afc north angle is interesting

3 hours ago, varjet said:

it was 2018 when Flacco last started for the Ravens. How much do todays NFC North teams look like the 2018 teams?

8 hours ago, tfine said:

It’s amazing that when Pennington was QB he was criticized for his arm strength and not putting the team on his back to win games like Manning or Roethlisberger. All he did was move the chains and played it safe, but that wasn’t good enough. Now we have a kid who can sling it, tries to make plays when things aren’t there and it’s considered “hero ball” . You can’t make this sh*t up. The stunting of Zach’s growth has begun with creating that narrative.

I loved Chad Pennington 

So you’re barking up the wrong tree with this train of thought 

21 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

There's one rule.... everything is always bad 

Welcome brother 

Please stoke the pyre accordingly we must prepare the fire for the feast of Zach's and Mekhi's and the others.

No. Everything is bad except the back up QB. You have to understand the rules for the back up QB. When Wilson is healthy and playing, the back up QB is trash and should not be on the roster. Instead, the Jets should have signed ___________ ( fill in blank with failed retread veteran back up on another team such as Mitch Trubisky).  Every bad pass by Wilson in practice or preseason is a sign that he is a bust.  Every good pass by Wilson is ignored.  When Wilson is injured, the back up becomes the franchise saving messiah and every good pass in practice or preseason is a sign that the back up is better than Wilson will ever be.  If the back up plays in joint practice or preseason game and plays well, it's time to elevate him to the starting role for the entire season and for Wilson to "sit and learn" even though no high draft picks do that any longer than part of their rookie seasons.  If the back up QB starts and wins a regular season game, they are god-like and will be viewed as such, even though they have subsequent starts where they looked like trash.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

No. Everything is bad except the back up QB. You have to understand the rules for the back up QB. When Wilson is healthy and playing, the back up QB is trash and should not be on the roster. Instead, the Jets should have signed ___________ ( fill in blank with failed retread veteran back up on another team such as Mitch Trubisky).  Every bad pass by Wilson in practice or preseason is a sign that he is a bust.  Every good pass by Wilson is ignored.  When Wilson is injured, the back up becomes the franchise saving messiah and every good pass in practice or preseason is a sign that the back up is better than Wilson will ever be.  If the back up plays in joint practice or preseason game and plays well, it's time to elevate him to the starting role for the entire season and for Wilson to "sit and learn" even though no high draft picks do that any longer than part of their rookie seasons.  If the back up QB starts and wins a regular season game, they are god-like and will be viewed as such, even though they have subsequent starts where they looked like trash.  

Omg I couldn’t have put this any better. It’s almost like some fans think this is how Brady was born…so this is how it must happen. LOL.

38 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

RIP the feel-good “Zach Wilson has turned a corner” era

8/3/22 - 8/12/22

Lasted about a week

from the birthday “perfect practice” to injury night at the Linc.

can I ask what triggered this post? Are you going to spike the football every day he is out of practice due to injury like you won something?

• Sympathy 2

4 hours ago, varjet said:

Lmao, the players from those teams he "knows" are all retired.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, varjet said:

So now Wilson should sit for 4 games so that Flacco can play AFC North foes that he hasn't seen in 4 years?  Okayyyy. 

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Are there people that actually think Joe Flacco is capable of a couple of good games, let alone a couple of good YEARS??

The last time Flacco had over 3k yards and a 2-1 TD/INT in the same season was 2014. He's now 37. 

The Athletic's Zack Rosenblatt reports Joe Flacco has been "on fire" as the Jets starter in training camp. “There's a reasonable argument that Flacco would be better for the fantasy prospects of Jets pass catchers than Wilson, who has struggled at times during camp”.

It’s just a fantasy whoa whoa 
It’s not the real thing ooooah ooooah