Zach Wilson Press Conference - 09/07

slimjasi

4 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

A cringe listen.   This is the #2 overall pick in the NFL draft.   Darnold Lite.  Good luck in your future pursuits. 

Hindsight it was a terrible idea selecting this kid over Jones, Fields and Lance.

At least with fields and Lance if they suck at passing at least they’re built and can get some yards scrambling. 

With Jones yes a noodle arm and limited BUT with these weapons he’s a better version of Mike white. 

We had our selection of the 4 and we chose the small, small school kid with a injury history….

Christ JD, fire this fat rat bast*** now ?‍♂️

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 5
  • Post of the Week 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, oatmeal said:

Hindsight it was a terrible idea selecting this kid over Jones, Fields and Lance.

At least with fields and Lance if they suck at passing at least they’re built and can get some yards scrambling. 

With Jones yes a noodle arm and limited BUT with these weapons he’s a better version of Mike white. 

We had our selection of the 4 and we chose the small, small school kid with a injury history….

Christ JD, fire this fat rat bast*** now ?‍♂️

No joke, the Zach Wilson pick is a topic of heated conversation in my home multiple times each week.   All of us still have no idea how Zach Wilson suddenly became a #2 pick.   Thank you, JD.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

You guys are just looking for something to complain about. He said nothing wrong there. 

Yes.  Please don't listen to these people or get upset with them.

There are a handful of people on this board that didn't want the Jets to draft Wilson and not only go into EVERY thread looking for a reason to attack him - but, like in this case, make one up when there isn't one there.  There was, literally, not a single thing wrong with that press conference, said about what was expected to be said.

These are the people, that when Zach is playing they are actively rooting against him.  They'll never admit it, but they know how they feel when he does well.  

It must be a sad existence and I would say it's okay to feel bad for them - but don't get upset with them.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 3

2 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Who really cares?

People are all rattled with these news in such dramatic fashion. It is almost comical to this point. Some buffoon was crying on The Jets Lounge @Twitter like a fat chocha. I just wanted to shove something in his mouth. 

This should not be a surprise to anyone. Too many delusional fans thinking that he was going to be named the starter today. What a freaking joke!

Forget all this BS drama. I am rooting for this team to win games regardless of the QB. Quit the drama and support your team!

Been living under a rock in the Bronx for forever I guess

This is classic SOJ so if you can’t understand why people are enraged get from under that rock Bronx ! 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He threw his HC under the bus by telling the truth.   Bad look for the organization.  

Wouldn't you say it was the other way around?

It's clear Zach wasn't ready and the HC has been running around for the past two weeks telling people he might be, up until yesterday..  Zach telling the truth about his expectations isn't throwing the coach under the bus.

I do, although, agree that either way it's a bad look for the organization.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It sounds like there wasn't enough communication between Zachs surgeon, his doctors, and the teams medical staff. Remember Douglas saying him and Becton's trainers were in constant communication and then he showed up to mini camp looking like the Hindenburg? The Jets need to get control of the narrative if they're going to let players seek their own medical treatments. 

This does seem like a pretty real concern.  I mean their starting LT and QB both had injuries where the organizations communication on the length and severity of the injury were far off from the reality.  

I think you have to question JD more than Saleh here.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Pretty much

I’ve been adamant in my belief that the kid wasn’t starting Week 1 for some time now.

Why so many bought into that sh*t is beyond me.

I certainly wasn’t expecting a “Week 4 at the earliest” timetable, but whatever.

The only one who looks stupid in all of this is Saleh. The guy just needs to shut his hole about injury time frames during these conferences. Just give a simple “that’s for the team doctors to decide” generic answer and move on.

Bro what most of you are not understanding is that Saleh put out that false timeline for a reason!

read between the lines: Zach’s people are pushing the Jets to give Zach more time, Jets think Zach is good enough to go this week or Week 2. 

Get Zach baby a** out of here and let someone else deal with this rich pampered baby 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 3

39 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Some of you guys are reading way too much into this.

The worst you can take from the situation is that it makes Saleh look even more like he’s in over his head.

For as much sh*t as I’ve given Becton, Saleh didn’t make the situation any more palatable by saying that his knee injury was “minor” and they expected him back on the field in no time. Then the next day it’s announced that he chipped his knee cap and would be out for the year.

This dude is giving off incredible “all rah rah and no substance” vibes right now.

He and Ulbrich better not allow the Ravens to completely toy with the defense on Sunday or things will get heated very quickly.

With the resources spent on his historically abysmal defense, he'd better get some results on that side of the ball 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, freestater said:

With the resources spent on his historically abysmal defense, he'd better get some results on that side of the ball 

He better get Top 15 results

And if he needs to relieve his buddy Ulbrich of his duties in order to make it happen, then that’s what needs to happen.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, oatmeal said:

Bro what most of you are not understanding is that Saleh put out that false timeline for a reason!

read between the lines: Zach’s people are pushing the Jets to give Zach more time, Jets think Zach is good enough to go this week or Week 2. 

Get Zach baby a** out of here and let someone else deal with this rich pampered baby 

Most likely scenario:

1. Zach, not wanting to look like a bitch, tells Saleh he’s good to go

2. Medical staff thinks Zach is good to go as long as there’s no discomfort 

3. Saleh relays this to the media for some reason

4. Team Wilson, looking big picture, says **** that sh*t.

5. Zach says, in a roundabout way, my mom won’t let me play.

6. Saleh says welp, he can’t go, no further questions please.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Most likely scenario:

1. Zach, not wanting to look like a bitch, tells Saleh he’s good to go

2. Medical staff thinks Zach is good to go as long as there’s no discomfort 

3. Saleh relays this to the media for some reason

4. Team Wilson, looking big picture, says **** that sh*t.

5. Zach says, in a roundabout way, my mom won’t let me play.

6. Saleh says welp, he can’t go, no further questions please.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet