<<<<<<< Jets vs Ravens -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Maybe it’s my cockeyed optimist side showing, but I was looking at the respective depth charts Thursday and thought to myself, outside of QB, I don’t see a ton of difference on paper.

With respective inscribed this morning, I’d say it’s even a closer gap.  If they can keep Lamar relatively in check, I expect this to be a winnable game. 

If they get boat raced, I will not be very optimistic of this staff moving forward.

Two biggest difference in this game are coaching and QB play.  At least that is the way I look at these two teams.  I agree that the Ravens roster is not that much better than ours, but Jackson and Harbaugh give them a pretty good advntage.

• Upvote 4

Why do I have this terrible feeling something really stupid is going to happen in the beginning of this game in the first few minutes on like a 3rd and 25 for the Ravens they hand off and take it too the house or a moronic pick six while the Jets are driving the ball down the Ravens throats. The jets can go from great to horrible with the best of em.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Two biggest difference in this game are coaching and QB play.  At least that is the way I look at these two teams.  I agree that the Ravens roster is not that much better than ours, but Jackson and Harbaugh give them a pretty good advntage.

This, plus they have a lot more veteran savvy on the roster. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Harbaugh yes Jackson can be made one dimensional with smart defense. Much rather force him to throw than watching him rip off a 30 yard run

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

Why do I have this terrible feeling something really stupid is going to happen in the beginning of this game in the first few minutes on like a 3rd and 25 for the Ravens they hand off and take it too the house or a moronic pick six while the Jets are driving the ball down the Ravens throats. The jets can go from great to horrible with the best of em.

Because this stuff always happens to us. We make it routine.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

3 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

This, plus they have a lot more veteran savvy on the roster. 

Yupppp.  

Over the last 4 seasons, Harbaugh’s Ravens have averaged 42.8 points per game in Week 1 games.

Yes, you all read that correctly.  Not a typo.  42.8.  Score totals:  47, 59, 38, 27.  

4 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I expect Mark Andrews to be sashaying into the endzone no later than 1:07pm est.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yupppp.  

Over the last 4 seasons, Harbaugh’s Ravens have averaged 42.8 points per game in Week 1 games.

Yes, you all read that correctly.  Not a typo.  42.8.  Score totals:  47, 59, 38, 27.  

But the trend favors us.

• Haha 2