*** The official fire ROBERT SALEH thread ***

JTJet

Winning last game was a miracle aberration. 

It was fun as hell to watch, and I'll always remember it. 

But it didnt change what has happened throughout every minute of this season. It wasnt something to build on. It wasnt a sign of things to come in.

It was one team completely imploding after they thought the game was over and the other getting every single break and executing. 

Saleh is a bad coach. He has been outcoached almost every quarter of football since he was hired.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Winning last game was a miracle aberration. 

It was fun as hell to watch, and I'll always remember it. 

But it didnt change what has happened throughout every minute of this season. It wasnt something to build on. It wasnt a sign of things to come in.

It was one time completely imploding and the other getting every single break and executing. 

Saleh is a bad coach. He has been outcoached almost every quarter of football since he was hired.

And if the season really heads south, phony wins like that won't help us come draft day.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, thshadow said:

I don't get it, I personally am happy when the Jets win, and sad when they lose.  You're pissed both when they win *and* lose?  And you plan to gloat after every loss?

Geez, get a life.  One where you're not a Jet fan - though you already don't seem to be. 

I'm happy when they win too, but also realistic enough to know when that "win" was only a win in name. 

One of us watched the entire game and understood just how bad the team was for 3.85 quarters and got lucky, understanding that it was only saved from being a loss due to another teams complete ineptitude. 

Make no mistake. We are actually 0-3 and you are fine with it. 

I just have higher standards than you do. 

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Do you believe the Jets will win 7 games this year?

If you do, I presume it's based on the return of Zach Wilson, as that's the only real variable at this point.

I think they’ll win 7. However I don’t think Zach is the only variable. There are so many new pieces on the team that should improve with time. The ol should improve much like they did last year. There are so many groups with new pieces that should get better such as tes, cbs, dl, etc 

2 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

I think they’ll win 7. However I don’t think Zach is the only variable. There are so many new pieces on the team that should improve with time. The ol should improve much like they did last year. There are so many groups with new pieces that should get better such as tes, cbs, dl, etc 

I applaud your optimism but I do not share it.

There are certainly 6 more winnable games on our schedule.  

I don't see this broken roster, this O-line, this Defense, Zach Wilson, winning them.

JMO, but again, I respect your optimism in the face of what we saw so far this season.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

It’s time to start asking what Saleh actually brings to the table. We’re 20 games in and it’s hard to see where he actually adds value.

He’s certainly a net negative from a scheme standpoint on defense. He seems like a net negative on game management. His teams don’t seem particularly well prepared. They don’t seem tough or physical. 

I guess he keeps the vibes good as the team gets blown out every week.

The sequence where the bengals scored a td on 3 plays in a row said it all.  First was called back b/c of holding, second should have been a td when they said Higgins was out of bounds but he wasn’t and then they scored for real.  The jets d can’t do anything.  

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I applaud your optimism but I do not share it.

There are certainly 6 more winnable games on our schedule.  

I don't see this broken roster, this O-line, this Defense, Zach Wilson, winning them.

JMO, but again, I respect your optimism in the face of what we saw so far this season.

I dont even see 7 wins as that optimistic. Being 7-10 is not a good season, but it’s an improvement. The Q outburst today was a good thing in my eyes. It shows that these guys care and want to win. They have leaders in the building now. Who were the leaders a few years ago? Sheldon, wilk, Jamal? All me first guys. The character of the guys on the team seems like a 180 compared to previous years. This should help build each other up instead of tearing them down 

I like Saleh and I want to believe that he is the right coach. I'm just not seeing it. Whatever the "it factor" is, Saleh doesn't have "it" at least for the time being. There have been great coaches who had abysmal starts to their HC career so it's at least plausible that he can develop into a good head coach. I'm just not seeing the light at the end of his tunnel. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JTJet said:

I'm happy when they win too, but also realistic enough to know when that "win" was only a win in name. 

One of us watched the entire game and understood just how bad the team was for 3.85 quarters and got lucky, understanding that it was only saved from being a loss due to another teams complete ineptitude. 

Make no mistake. We are actually 0-3 and you are fine with it. 

I just have higher standards than you do. 

I have been around to see a lot of coaches come and go here.  I’d have to rank Saleh’s teams as the most undisciplined I have seen.  Gase’s teams had no talent, and maybe the game plan was equally stale, but they tried to execute what they were asked to execute, even if the talent was lacking… sloppy was not what I would have labeled those teams.  If I were to rank the coaches from Parcells onward on team discipline, it would look like this:

1) Parcells

2) Mangini

3) Bowles

4) Gase

5) Edwards

6) Ryan

7) Saleh

Make no mistake, the quality of the coaching and discipline of this team over the last two years is in Kotite territory.  There is a large spread between Rex and Saleh.  3 to 6 are debatable.  Rex would mix games where they were all locked in, with a ton of headscratchers.  There is a steep drop-off to Saleh so far.  I can’t remember the last flawless game we truly played, where the whole team was in rhythm.   Energy and rah-rah doesn’t equate to execution and consistency.

• Upvote 2

It just seems like he doesn’t know much even basic X’s and O’s Kind of stuff.  Things that are easily correctable he just doesn’t do.  I think part of it is stubbornness too.  He seems like he wants to do it one way even if it fails 99 times out of a 100.  The lack of accountability is also an issue.  I’ve heard some say he got in JFM face after that idiotic penalty but I just don’t see it because these kind of things happen every game which shows us the lack of accountability 

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

It just seems like he doesn’t know much even basic X’s and O’s Kind of stuff.  Things that are easily correctable he just doesn’t do.  I think part of it is stubbornness too.  He seems like he wants to do it one way even if it fails 99 times out of a 100.  The lack of accountability is also an issue.  I’ve heard some say he got in JFM face after that idiotic penalty but I just don’t see it because these kind of things happen every game which shows us the lack of accountability 

He probably got into JFM’s face to make sure JFM feelings weren’t hurt from the moronic penalty and to see if he wanted a juice box and cookies…. Saleh is stubborn and soft….

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

It makes you wonder wtf the Jets talk about to candidates during the hiring process. It all starts at the top. And if they were looking for an incompetent rah rah motivator who is only positive, they got their man.

philly and Miami hire new coaches and they’re playing great in their second years. Looks like we chose a turd based on affirmative action.

11 minutes ago, BP said:

It makes you wonder wtf the Jets talk about to candidates during the hiring process. It all starts at the top. And if they were looking for an incompetent rah rah motivator who is only positive, they got their man.

philly and Miami hire new coaches and they’re playing great in their second years. Looks like we chose a turd based on affirmative action.

Look I’m hoping he turns it around because I don’t want to keep hiring new head coaches every 2 years.  Honestly what he should do is get rid of Ulbrich and take over the defensive play calling. But again he seems very stubborn and not willing to make adjustments so who knows if that would work 

13 minutes ago, BP said:

But then we get young Christopher. Who hired Gase 

The whole Gase thing, what a disaster. Lost out on our first choices because a rookie “acting” owner and maybe the worst GM in Jets history demanded control over assistant hires. So instead, we get the only chair left after the coaching carousel music stops and try to sell it to the fanbase with ret-conned Payton Manning endorsement.

What happened if Manning said “this dude sucks?” We never would’ve heard about it and Gase would’ve still been hired because Christopher and Macc’s trash handling of the other potential candidates left the Jets with NO OTHER CHOICE.

I’ve been of the mind that the Jets will get blasted in this upcoming stretch, but right the ship in he last third of the season to give us some hope, but given how teams are currently playing. It’s a real possibility this team finishes 2-15. Jacksonville looks legit, Seahawks are frisky, and even the Bears are showing some fight right now. Scary times if you’re Saleh.

1DC4FCDF-4E71-423E-B900-082719C250B2.jpeg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jgb said:

The whole Gase thing, what a disaster. Lost out on our first choices because a rookie “acting” owner and maybe the worst GM in Jets history demanded control over assistant hires. So instead, we get the only chair left after the coaching carousel music stops and try to sell it to the fanbase with ret-conned Payton Manning endorsement.

What happened if Manning said “this dude sucks?” We never would’ve heard about it and Gase would’ve still been hired because Christopher and Macc’s trash handling of the other potential candidates left the Jets with NO OTHER CHOICE.

The alternative was Matt Rhule.

• Haha 1