<<<<<<< Jets vs Dolphins -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is stupid. Get the starters off the field before someone else gets hurt. 

Miami isn't scoring 4x in the last minute. 

I think he is trying to get the team to play all 60 minutes. Never take the foot off of the gas and don't give up the garbage TD. Glad no body got hurt, but this game was close in the beginning of the 4th. It was a tough slog for 3 quarters and we need to improve our run D and our OL, but I wouldn't call this an ugly win.

SOJ would have ending in OT with the team up 16 points (with missed XP) and almost 10 left. Hell, we won a game trailing by 13 with 1:30+ to go. Strong finish for D and O (but mostly D).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He made no mistakes, that is huge, knowing when that is enough to win.

That is huge. Last week he had a few turnover worthy plays and dirted passes. Nothing flashy but this was easily his most clean game yet. I saw 0 turnover worthy plays and 0 dirted throws. Very pleased with that. Also had 2 TD's stopped at the 1, and if he got those then the board would be unanimously praising him and Breece as saviors. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

So, if Zach Wilson were to get injured, would you be comfortable with leapfrogging both Flacco and Mike White to start Chris Streveler in week 8 vs. the Patriots?

No, I just think Thompson is a more dangerous player than what Bridgewater is today, and if you want to go back to Bridgewater beating the Jets last year, I’ll say he beat a roster that for the most part wasn’t  pro quality almost across the board.  Not so this year.  Lots of talent, learning and getting better.

Just now, Grandy said:

That is huge. Last week he had a few turnover worthy plays and dirted passes. Nothing flashy but this was easily his most clean game yet. I saw 0 turnover worthy plays and 0 dirted throws. Very pleased with that. Also had 2 TD's stopped at the 1, and if he got those then the board would be unanimously praising him and Breece as saviors. 

Maybe that one play at the end of the first half was a learning experience.  Played efficiently today.  Last week he was the hero but this is encouraging, seeing him realize that won’t be the case every week.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No, I just think Thompson is a more dangerous player than what Bridgewater is today, and if you want to go back to Bridgewater beating the Jets last year, I’ll say he beat a roster that for the most part wasn’t  pro quality almost across the board.  Not so this year.  Lots of talent, learning and getting better.

I would think Teddy would done better, but with this Jets defense, I have absolutely no clue. I think it's full of really talented players, but lead by defensive coaches who, for majority of their tenure here, have had their heads up their asses and get in their own way.

But, they ended up clamping down on the Miami offense, which is what we wanted, so maybe even the coaches are turning a curve? Would like to see them put up this kind of performance against better QBs more consistently.

1 minute ago, Jets723 said:

Let’s be honest if Mike White had the same game today you would be drooling all over yourself lol

Mike White would have had the Jets up by 30 in the first half with Streveler warming up in the bullpen and Hurricane Ian would have retroactively curved out harmlessly into the Atlantic.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Mike White would have had the Jets up by 30 in the first half with Streveler warming up in the bullpen and Hurricane Ian would have retroactively curved out harmlessly into the Atlantic.

This is what cocaine does to you I guess lol