Packers - Rodgers Trade / Buyer ???

THE BARON

I don't expect this thread to age well, but I have been thinking about the Packers since their game with the Jets.

If you were running the Packers, considering their roster issues and Rodgers age, it would it make sense to deal Rodgers for a nice haul of draft picks ???

And... Which team out there would be the best place ??? Who has everything but an elite QB ???

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I don't expect this thread to age well, but I have been thinking about the Packers since their game with the Jets.

If you were running the Packers, considering their roster issues and Rodgers age, it would it make sense to deal Rodgers for a nice haul of draft picks ???

And... Which team out there would be the best place ??? Who has everything but an elite QB ???

The Broncos.  

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think Rodgers is a cancer in that building at this point and they should absolutely try to dump him. I think it results in like $120 million dead cap though ?

That  cap hit probably makes all the difference.  That alone may induce them to ride with Rodgers until he actually retires

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think Rodgers is still great and the Packers will get things turned around.  It's also disappointing if he's going retire after the season.

Could be, yes.  With an additional pass catcher and better work from the offensive line, they may just turn it around.  Their line was not getting manhandled all the time.  They missed assignments.  I suppose a result of not playing together for such a spell. 

48 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

8 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Want to know why Rodgers is probably going to retire?  Since they drafted him in 2005, they have drafted 15 defensive players, 2 OTs and 1 QB in the 1st round.  Not a single skill position player.  

Honestly, I can't blame him for being sour.  If I were a Packers fan, I'd be pissed off too.

image.png

For extra fun - notice the three consecutive years of S, S, NT.  It wasn't just us.

It's just strange - because clearly they hit on a ton of picks and can identify talent.

But it's like this team is being spiteful towards Rodgers. 

I'd be a prick too if this was the org that I worked for. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

What team out there that wanted him could even fit his contract into their cap

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, THE BARON said:

I said to my wife who disagreed, but I would say the Raiders. Re-unite him with Adams, since the Raiders have got to know that Carr is not the answer unless they are that much in denial. I think Rogers can make that team be much better than he can make GB. The whole deal would be would the Raiders have enough assets left after trading for Adams to make the deal and one would think the $ between the 2 QBs should line up somewhat unless Raiders have to cut Carr and there is too much dead cap space used. I seriously doubt that GB would take Carr back in the trade, but hey I have seen teams do dumber things i.e Seahawks trading us 2 number 1's and a 3rd for a box safety that is like a LB that also covers like a big LB. 

22 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

I said to my wife who disagreed, but I would say the Raiders. Re-unite him with Adams, since the Raiders have got to know that Carr is not the answer unless they are that much in denial. I think Rogers can make that team be much better than he can make GB. The whole deal would be would the Raiders have enough assets left after trading for Adams to make the deal and one would think the $ between the 2 QBs should line up somewhat unless Raiders have to cut Carr and there is too much dead cap space used. I seriously doubt that GB would take Carr back in the trade, but hey I have seen teams do dumber things i.e Seahawks trading us 2 number 1's and a 3rd for a box safety that is like a LB that also covers like a big LB. 

Raiders would be a good fit.  Not sure what the deal is with Carr's contract, but if they trade for Rodgers, they could also get something for Carr if he is traded in turn.  I think Carr is a good QB, but not the clutch guy that can take you past the good teams in the playoffs in a dogfight 

1 hour ago, August said:

He has one foot into retirement already. Look at his body language. 

Said this in the game thread.

I've watched a few Packers game this year and my impression of Rodgers during those games was that he would rather be playing Scrabble.

• Upvote 2

I can see Rodgers following in Farve's footsteps and trying to move on to other teams for a few years. After Farve taking his pettiness to Minnesota, I'm not sure GB will afford Rodgers the same courtesy of releasing him from his contract and see him go to another team in the NFC, especially without a backup to step in. GB fans are probably in for a long streak of disappointing seasons but after thirty years of success I can't feel that bad for them.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

I can see Rodgers following in Farve's footsteps and trying to move on to other teams for a few years. After Farve taking his pettiness to Minnesota, I'm not sure GB will afford Rodgers the same courtesy of releasing him from his contract and see him go to another team in the NFC, especially without a backup to step in. GB fans are probably in for a long streak of disappointing seasons but after thirty years of success I can't feel that bad for them.

Rodgers will stay as long as he wants. The Packers will fall into obscurity when he is done. Love is terrible and finding a QB isn't easy. I think they are realizing 50% of Rodgers is better than 100% whoever else they can get.

• Upvote 1