Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everyone loved Moore until about 12 hours ago 

He's always been the dog pee guy. That happened years ago.

We all loved him when he scored like a touchdown every game last year. 

Now all of a sudden this celebration is a huge red flag? 

Everyone was raving about his self confidence and ambition last year. Loved that he wanted to be among the league’s best.

Now? Shut up and block. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Rather than be angry, or talk smack, or sh*t on a guy I truly liked, I'm just gonna say I'm deeply disappointed in this issue.  

This just sucks.  

This is where I’m at + having the logic to look at the causation.

None if us like how this is happening, but I think it’s important that it does because it’s shedding like in an area that can improve. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Big time.

Its like they forgot that before beating a bunch of garbage QBs we were forecasting another lost season.

If teams go all in on making Zach beat them, we are gonna get kicked in the fupa.

Yea totally 

did you see that scrub QB we beat up last week? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BroadwayRay said:

This isn't the most selfish thing I've seen an NFL player do, but it's up there. I wouldn't care if they kept his ass on the inactive list for the rest of the year.

Agreed.  Trade or inactive.

It wont matter though, cause he is going to get Wally Pipped by Mimsy on Sunday.  Mimsy will have 4 catches for 60 yards and block like an animal on all running plays.

Elijah's done playing for the jets this year.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The coaches deserve credit because I honestly don't know how they are winning any of these games. 

I also wonder If they wanted to build a run first offense why draft Zach, Moore, Garrett Wilson and mims at all? 

Parcells said you are what your record is so by that standard this is a great team 

I can't help but feel like someone is going to eventually stop this run and they won't have a plan B 

LOL. Did you just ask why did they draft a QB and WRs? Dude…

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

There was zero evidence of Moore being ‘selfish’ before this

You can both win AND put your best players in position to contribute. Moore is being schemed into a stupid role. He’s basically a decoy, because his routes take too long to develop and Zach can’t read defenses and wait for them to develop. So, similar to QW lashing out about scheme, I don’t disagree with Moore.

I don’t agree with the mindset of “you can criticize or ask for change because you’re winning”. We’re not always going to be able to hide the atrocity that Zach is - and then we’re going to need Moore being used smartly, and for the pip squeak get the ball to him.

Ultimately, Moore isn’t wrong. It’s a problem that needs fixing - even if we’re able yo get away with it right now. Good teams will figure out how to exploit it eventually.

^the only good take in the entire thread.

I agree with Moore, but I hope that this is just a tactic he’s using, and that something changes to keep him happy. Let’s hope Zach is up to that task.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Big time.
Its like they forgot that before beating a bunch of garbage QBs we were forecasting another lost season.
If teams go all in on making Zach beat them, we are gonna get kicked in the fupa.

Zach doesn’t play against the opposing QB. He plays against the opposing defense. You still need to run the ball if teams stack the box. You can’t throw 59 times because there’s a extra guy in the box.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

25 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Sir, this is a thread about a selfish little boy, not about whether the QB will be able to carry a game on his shoulders.

Right  after I posted my question, I read down the page and saw the post where you went off on people making this thread about Zach.

Honestly, I thought you’d go after me a lot harder after seeing that. ?

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's tough to want to throw more when the qb has to be protected and managed like this 

More throws means more chance of interceptions

Zach is under water on td / int for his whole caree

They are hiding him. It's gotta be sh*tty to be a wide receiver for the Jets 

Yes, what is it 15 games? . lol

Just now, slimjasi said:

Yes, as new information comes to light, people tend to adjust their opinions.

For example, when you find out that one of your favorite players cares less about winning games than getting the ball thrown his way and actually wants to be traded from a team on its longest winning streak in 3 years, you start to think he’s might be a smelly c*nt 

If you didn’t know how ambitious WR’s think before this then it’s you guys who are delusional.

This will be Garrett Wilson before long if the passing game doesn’t improve. Hollywood Brown did the same with Baltimore last year and Zach Wilson is no Lamar Jackson.

I do think Moore has f*cked up though. He should have waited until the off-season at the earliest. Not a good look to do it now and will only hurt his reputation.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

29 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Wait, so you're saying the goal of the team is not winning but to insure big future contracts with other teams for its diva players? I wonder what Bill Bellicick would say, or Bill Parcells for that matter? 

The goal is to win alot not just 3 games in October 

The real question why would jd draft these so called divas in mims and Moore in the first place? 

Wide outs want targets this has been true since Keyshawn 

I think they want to use these guys but they can't 

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

Everyone was raving about his self confidence and ambition last year. Loved that he wanted to be among the league’s best.

Now? Shut up and block. 

Fans can take “**** ‘em” tough guy stances against every player who gets disgruntled but we both know real team management doesn’t work that way. If Saleh is worth a damn he will resolve this amicably.

• Upvote 4

This makes me sad because he’s one of our guys and I like him.  

There was a quick shot of the WR bench late in the game Sunday.  Moore did not look happy while everyone else did.  

Look at the contracts WRs are getting now.  I can’t fault him if he feels deep in the depth chart on a team that clearly is run oriented.  It may be hard for us to relate but it seems he wants to “hold the pen” and millions of dollars are at stake.  If I’m him I’m thinking I’m worthy of being a featured weapon. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Fans can take “**** ‘em” tough guy stances against every player who gets disgruntled but we both know real team management doesn’t work that way. If Saleh is worth a damn he will resolve this amicably.

Half our fanbase wanted to “let Revis rot” when he was our best player on an AFC title team lol.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

This is a (very) low volume passing attack. There will be those variance weeks when guys aren’t targeted.

We could’ve had Minshew run this attack (and better) for basically free… Jets will need to take off the reins and let the QB at least try to step up sooner rather than later.

I understand it’s a low volume passing attack. I still think even on a week they attempt 18 passes, a player like Moore shouldn’t be getting 0 targets. Especially if Wilson is being shadowed by the opponent’s best corner.

I also don’t think Moore’s skill set is as effectively utilized in a low volume passing attack. To me it actually makes more sense for someone like Mims. If you’re going low volume and running it a lot I’d think you’d want shot plays.

1 minute ago, Dupe said:

This makes me sad because he’s one of our guys and I like him.  

There was a quick shot of the WR bench late in the game Sunday.  Moore did not look happy while everyone else did.  

Look at the contracts WRs are getting now.  I can’t fault him if he feels deep in the depth chart on a team that clearly is run oriented.  It may be hard for us to relate but it seems he wants to “hold the pen” and millions of dollars are at stake.  If I’m him I’m thinking I’m worthy of being a featured weapon. 

He is on pace for 600-800 yards. We played the #2 pass D in the rain, with a lead. Christian Kirk made bank with less production. If Moore is good his tape will speak for itself. This is nonsense 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Irish Jet said:

If you didn’t know how ambitious WR’s think before this then it’s you guys who are delusional.

This will be Garrett Wilson before long if the passing game doesn’t improve. Hollywood Brown did the same with Baltimore last year and Zach Wilson is no Lamar Jackson.

I do think Moore has f*cked up though. He should have waited until the off-season at the earliest. Not a good look to do it now and will only hurt his reputation.

Timing is everything. 

What Moore did, with this team winning and feeling good about itself, was ridiculously selfish and immature and warrants a formal punishment from the team. 

and the fact that he supposedly had an emotional outburst at practice over this silliness that was so bad that PVO Bob actually sent him home makes me question his viability here going forward  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

20 minutes ago, bitonti said:

everyone loved Moore until about 12 hours ago 

He's always been the dog pee guy. That happened years ago.

We all loved him when he scored like a touchdown every game last year

Now all of a sudden this celebration is a huge red flag? 

Dude it was 5 TD's last yr. Are you going through something?

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, bitonti said:

The coaches deserve credit because I honestly don't know how they are winning any of these games. 

I also wonder If they wanted to build a run first offense why draft Zach, Moore, Garrett Wilson and mims at all? 

Parcells said you are what your record is so by that standard this is a great team 

I can't help but feel like someone is going to eventually stop this run and they won't have a plan B 

My guess is there weren’t planning on it but they were able to take breece which changed everything. 

the plan b is to use those other players you mention. 

5 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

Yes, what is it 15 games? . lol

Your the second person in this thread to mention 15 games 

Most qbs play more than 15 in a year 

We're halfway through year 2 he's missed 8 games 

It doesn't matter if it's 1 game it's a problem to be throwing more picks than touchdowns 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Timing is everything. 

What Moore did, with this team winning and feeling good about itself, was ridiculously selfish and immature and warrants a formal punishment from the team. 

and the fact that he supposedly had an emotional outburst at practice over this silliness that was so bad that PVO Bob actually sent him home makes me question his viability here going forward  

When in green by game was he open.  I did not see much maybe 2 plays