Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

9 minutes ago, tfine said:

Moore does not want to play in the slot. That’s why he is being used outside. Problem is he sucks. I don’t get the infatuation with this guy. He reminds me of a Jameson Crowder, but he thinks he’s DeAndre Hopkins. He needs to come back down to earth…especially when you running routes like a slouch. I’d release him and eat the contract.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moore's much more explosive than Crowder, I don't think he thinks he's Hopkins, he definitely doesn't suck, and releasing him when you can get an asset instead would effectively be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

because we would get a box of Cracker Jacks for him. Moore would bring back a decent trade.

Point was that the trade request does not necessarily lead to a trade. Just decreases the value of the player requesting it, and Douglas hasn't traded guys for less than he thinks they're worth. Wouldn't think formally requesting a trade is a good way to get traded. Worked out for Adams, but the Jets got an absolute haul for him. I don't think Moore's viewed in that light around the league.

• Upvote 1

Looking at that video that was posted earlier that showed every snap with the arrow on Moore. He was NOT running just deep sideline routes. He was over the middle and on the sidelines with short routes. I didn't see him get any separation. Maybe Zach could have tried to squeeze 1 into him over the middle, but is that what we want? He just appeared to really not be very sharp on his routes, rounding them off, etc.

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:My feeling is, if you draft playmakers, you need to find a way to incorporate them in the offense. If this was only about the Green Bay game, that would be one thing. I don’t think that’s it though, do you?

So you think they have great asset and chose not to use it? Seriously?

Moore became Culture cancer today by the way he handled the situation. 4 days after a great team win, he pulls a 12 year old tantrum.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, derp said:

Point was that the trade request does not necessarily lead to a trade. Just decreases the value of the player requesting it, and Douglas hasn't traded guys for less than he thinks they're worth. Wouldn't think formally requesting a trade is a good way to get traded. Worked out for Adams, but the Jets got an absolute haul for him. I don't think Moore's viewed in that light around the league.

I think there are a lot of offenses that would kill for a guy like Moore at this point. The state of receiving corps around the league is not great, even on the contending teams. I think I’d rather have Moore than, say, OBJ for the rest of the season.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I think there are a lot of offenses that would kill for a guy like Moore at this point. The state of receiving corps around the league is not great, even on the contending teams. I think I’d rather have Moore than, say, OBJ for the rest of the season.

Agree.

sometimes a player simply does not work out.

with receivers at a premium, you would think jd could get equal value for him.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Their agenda>>>>>>>> their Fandom.

It's no longer about the team but it's about their personal hot takes. Really kind of sad and pathetic. 

This whole thread is filled with people blaming everyone why is it people only get their panties in a twist if it involves Wilson?  Kinda suspect if you ask me.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

Moore's much more explosive than Crowder, I don't think he thinks he's Hopkins, he definitely doesn't suck, and releasing him when you can get an asset instead would effectively be cutting off your nose to spite your face.

He sucks playing on the outside, but that’s where he wants to play. The dude lacks toughness…he doesn’t fight for 50/50 balls….the Cleveland game Flacco threw him the ball in the end zone he didn’t fight for the ball he just let the DB make a play…if he fought for the ball it would’ve been a touchdown. Then quits on routes does not run then at full speed to clear out his man. That lead to Zach’s pick at the end of the half in the Pittsburgh game…he doesn’t get open on the outside….he’s constantly blanket by DBs.

So to summarize hes sucks as an outside WR where he wants to play…he quits on routes hurting the team and his QB…does make the tough contested catches. Does not want to play the position he would be most successful at…and he has the balls to demand a trade for lack of targets. LOL. Get out of here!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That's really not what he said.

Saleh has plainly said that he trusts Zach to throw the ball when they need him to throw the ball.  This offense wants to run the ball first.  That's what they're going to do - and when they can't they will throw it.

As in in Pitt, when they asked Zach to throw - he killed it.

In Miami, 3rd quarter, they needed Zach to throw it..and he did.

Yes, they want to keep as much pressure off Zach as they could while he grows, but they have full faith in him to win games when he's asked to...I mean, after all, why wouldn't they.  He's delivered every time when he's been asked this year.

maybe you should read that post again.

I’m not saying stats are irrelevant either — they’re relevant in context. The Jets are more interested in how Zach manages the game down-to-down + how he performs in high-leverage situations. The goal coming into this year was for him to master the little things that the Shanahan system demands out of a QB. Don’t feel the need to be a hero all the time; understand and trust his pre-snap reads, make the appropriate checks, understand and trust the protections, stick in the pocket and trust the play progressions, and when all else fails feel free to flip the switch into playmaker while limiting the turnover-worthy plays. It’s process over result

and Quote from Football guy

Zach is showing significant growth in his down-to-down efficiency and the hope is that this will help him become a highly efficient playmaker as well. If and when he is able to master the little stuff and become more efficient as a playmaker, that is when we will see fireworks

Hero and Fireworks i assume means the passing all over the place QB we thought we drafted.

the " Little Things" are what he is doing now. only throwing it when need be. 

there is no time table as to when they expect or demand Zack to master the little things and Football guy made it very clear that Zach will be the QB in 2023 no matter how his stats look. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, tfine said:

He sucks playing on the outside, but that’s where he wants to play. The dude lacks toughness…he doesn’t fight for 50/50 balls….the Cleveland game Flacco threw him the ball in the end zone he didn’t fight for the ball he just let the DB make a play…if he fought for the ball it would’ve been a touchdown. Then quits on routes does not run then at full speed to clear out his man. That lead to Zach’s pick at the end of the half in the Pittsburgh game…he doesn’t get open on the outside….he’s constantly blanket by DBs.

So to summarize hes sucks as an outside WR where he wants to play…he quits on routes hurting the team and his QB…does make the tough contested catches. Does not want to play the position he would be most successful at…and he has the balls to demand a trade for lack of targets. LOL. Get out of here!

Yep, that’s pretty much it. Culture cancer.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think where Moore is flawed is that he's theoretically exclusively an on the ground winner - which is where guys like OBJ and Garrett Wilson can do more. I think he's got the hands to make catches in tight spaces, but in the middle of the field with bodies around him, not on the perimeter with the sideline as a defender. Dude separates with quick feet and route running and they're just running him in straight lines around the field for the most part. I don't get it. He does such a nice job snapping off routes on out patterns, use him on some double moves and some easy stuff.

The big thing is that I think he's a fit for a rhythm and timing based offense, which I guess this theoretically is, but it's not really who Wilson is as a QB. I still don't entirely get why they haven't gotten Wilson a big perimeter guy. I guess maybe if Moore manages to nudge his way out they can bring in Quentin Johnston. I could see the argument that Wilson has a big arm, likes to push the ball down the field, the team can run the ball, and Wilson likes those second reaction plays so you bring in some big guys who can get loose down the field and make plays. Kind of the old developing Russell Wilson kind of offense where he doesn't get to cook. But I don't see where Elijah Moore fits into that and Garrett Wilson is a little better but I'm not sure it's ideal for him either.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, doitny said:

Moore didnt ask for a trade for nothing. he had a meeting with Saleh and then asked for one. put 2 and 2 together. 

Saleh must have told him something that made him believe were not going to be throwing it much. and Football guy told me in another tread that they want Zach to master the little things and by my understanding of it, they will used this whole year if need be. 

it could be till next year before we see "Air Zach" if ever

If it works I will take it, **** it. What other options do we have he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon. 

8 minutes ago, tfine said:

You want to address the stuff I said or just quote me and rant about how he wants to play outside even though I'm not sure he actually wants to play outside?

Here's from an article after three weeks:

"Moore has run an NFL-high 150 pass routes but has been targeted only 21 times. That's a target/route ratio of 14%, which ranks 150th. There's another way to look at it: He has run more yardage on untargeted routes (1,882 yards) than any player in the league.

He is getting open -- a lot. According to a new ESPN metric that tracks separation on untargeted routes, Moore's "open" score is tops on the Jets and tied for 15th in the NFL. His production slippage could be tied to the fact that he's running more vertical routes than he did as a rookie, as his average target has gone from 11.9 yards to 14.3. Clearly, quarterback Joe Flacco wasn't able to capitalize.

Moore's "superpower," to use an expression from the Jets' coaches, is his ability to separate quickly and make plays in space. At 5-foot-10, he's not the quintessential deep threat. Offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur believes Moore can do it all, explaining that he was used on deep routes last week because the Cincinnati Bengals packed the middle and "begged" them to throw outside."

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jets1958 said:

I don’t assess Moore as a nice thing. Pretty average. Meh.

Agreed.  I liked the kid before today but let’s not act like he us a superstar.  He had shown he is pretty good with potential if you use him a certain way but that we have to put up with his baby bullsh*t when things don’t go is way 

4 minutes ago, derp said:

I think where Moore is flawed is that he's theoretically exclusively an on the ground winner - which is where guys like OBJ and Garrett Wilson can do more. I think he's got the hands to make catches in tight spaces, but in the middle of the field with bodies around him, not on the perimeter with the sideline as a defender. Dude separates with quick feet and route running and they're just running him in straight lines around the field for the most part. I don't get it. He does such a nice job snapping off routes on out patterns, use him on some double moves and some easy stuff.

The big thing is that I think he's a fit for a rhythm and timing based offense, which I guess this theoretically is, but it's not really who Wilson is as a QB. I still don't entirely get why they haven't gotten Wilson a big perimeter guy. I guess maybe if Moore manages to nudge his way out they can bring in Quentin Johnston. I could see the argument that Wilson has a big arm, likes to push the ball down the field, the team can run the ball, and Wilson likes those second reaction plays so you bring in some big guys who can get loose down the field and make plays. Kind of the old developing Russell Wilson kind of offense where he doesn't get to cook. But I don't see where Elijah Moore fits into that and Garrett Wilson is a little better but I'm not sure it's ideal for him either.

Yeah, it’s hard to discern what the problem is with him and Wilson, but it’s pretty stark: 44% catch rate with Zach (23/52), but 83% with non-Zach QBs(40/48). Whatever the issue was, it wasn’t getting better.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What nonsene.  Moore has 2 1/2 years left and garret 4 years left.  Nothing these guys are doing now or even next year are affecting their contract.

Elijah Moore demanded a trade 

Denzel mims demanded a trade 

The Jets should just start Ruckert at WR if all they want is selfless blockers 

Every wide out in the league worth a damn wants targets

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Yeah, it’s hard to discern what the problem is with him and Wilson, but it’s pretty stark: 44% catch rate with Zach (23/52), but 83% with non-Zach QBs(40/48). Whatever the issue was, it wasn’t getting better.

I'm sure a percentage of the board will come to one conclusion and a percentage of the board will come to another very different conclusion.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, derp said:

You want to address the stuff I said or just quote me and rant about how he wants to play outside even though I'm not sure he actually wants to play outside?

Here's from an article after three weeks:

"Moore has run an NFL-high 150 pass routes but has been targeted only 21 times. That's a target/route ratio of 14%, which ranks 150th. There's another way to look at it: He has run more yardage on untargeted routes (1,882 yards) than any player in the league.

He is getting open -- a lot. According to a new ESPN metric that tracks separation on untargeted routes, Moore's "open" score is tops on the Jets and tied for 15th in the NFL. His production slippage could be tied to the fact that he's running more vertical routes than he did as a rookie, as his average target has gone from 11.9 yards to 14.3. Clearly, quarterback Joe Flacco wasn't able to capitalize.

Moore's "superpower," to use an expression from the Jets' coaches, is his ability to separate quickly and make plays in space. At 5-foot-10, he's not the quintessential deep threat. Offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur believes Moore can do it all, explaining that he was used on deep routes last week because the Cincinnati Bengals packed the middle and "begged" them to throw outside."

Moore is getting open

Wilson can't play qb at a basic level 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1