Elijah moore requests trade (merged)

extmenace

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Well color me shocked that you’re siding with the grown man that threw an actual tempter tantrum. 

I do like a man who’s emotionally vulnerable. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have to go check the engagement on my Tumblr review of Midnights, which I wrote in real time. Very edgy piece.

15 minutes ago, jgb said:

Is it considered bad form to let your helmet touch the ground? Good on AVT for demonstrating leadership despite being a pup himself.

I know some payers have superstitions out there that you dont put a helmet on the ground, kind of like not stepping on the chalk in baseball but in this particular situation I think you were seeing was a player removing his helmet as if to say "I'm not a part of this" - thats how I took it hence why AVT wasnt having it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Cimini was paying attention and nailed it.  Fans eviscerated him for it but he was right.  Less than 15 hours later and the replies are hilarious.

He fed the kids spiral into freak out with his tweets. Cimini is an energy vampire that lives to create problems. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JiFapono said:

I know some payers have superstitions out there that you dont put a helmet on the ground, kind of like not stepping on the chalk in baseball but in this particular situation I think you were seeing was a player removing his helmet as if to say "I'm not a part of this" - thats how I took it hence why AVT wasnt having it.

Thanks for the explanation. Hadn't heard that.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

Yes. Winning is what matters. The Jets are 3-0 with Zach and 1-2 without him. To defend a selfish player because he feels he is not being targeted when the team is finally finding success is frankly idiotic. I understand you have always been critical of Zach and it is apparently more important to you to be proven right rather than to enjoy the success the Jets are having with him as their starting QB.

Have we considered that maybe Moore wants to go to a team that wins *more* but maybe has a more creative passing game, better QB, and and obvious need for wide receivers? A team like the Giants perhaps?

• WTF? 1

1 hour ago, heymangold said:

can you start another thread about the elijah moore situation, please?

Not right now.  Busy writing an article on the Elijah Moore situation.

And this particular thread isn't about Moore.  It's about helping fans understand that blind/undying loyalty to the team might lead you to say some pretty dumb stuff.  Not every critical word about the team or a player has to be false because it's unpopular.

Edited by AFJF
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, ryu79 said:

He fed the kids spiral into freak out with his tweets. Cimini is an energy vampire that lives to create problems. 

LOL...fed his spiral?  JFC.

So as a beat writer for the team he should not share observations that jump out because of the player's potential fragility?    

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Have we considered that maybe Moore wants to go to a team that wins *more* but maybe has a more creative passing game, better QB, and and obvious need for wide receivers? A team like the Giants perhaps?

and i would like to have a gold plated toilet seat with one of those nice warm water jetstreams to make me feel all warm inside

just aint in the cards

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

29th in passing attempts and 31 in passing yards.  5th in rushing attempts and 4th in rushing yards.  That NY Giants team.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AFJF said:

LOL...fed his spiral?  JFC.

So as a beat writer for the team he should not share observations that jump out because of the player's potential fragility?    

Cimini did the right thing

At some point without his help it would reared it's head

Better to rip off the Band-Aid now

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I would think he would be enjoying the turnaround the Jets are currently having. The Jets have been running effectively and have built their game plans around their rushing attack. I’m sure for a receiver, playing on teams like the Packers and Chiefs probably would be preferable. My disappointment in Moore is that winning is the goal of any team and now that the Jets have won 3 straight it’s the absolute wrong time to complain about targets and requesting a trade.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Cimini was paying attention and nailed it.  Fans eviscerated him for it but he was right.  Less than 15 hours later and the replies are hilarious.

At the time of this tweet it was being reported by other people that the Jets said it was due to a family matter. Cimini has a reputation of being a negative pot stirrer going back to the Daily News. If other people weren't reporting the Jets said this I doubt Cimini would have caught nearly as much crap as he did. People had reasonable cause to believe Cimini was purposely leaving out information to stir the pot IMO. 

Did the other reporters get it wrong or did the Jets lie? If the Jets did say what was reported and Cimini didn't believe it I think as honest journalist still has a responsibility to at least state all the facts. He can say he's skeptical about it but to leave out facts is shady - if that's what happened.

3 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Except Moore has done nothing worthwhile to deserve a nickname 

The guy asked for a trade while the team is winning games because he doesn't like the way they're winning. How is that NOT selfish? It's basically the definition of a me first player.

I don't care if we're winning I'm not getting the ball enough, trade me. WAAAH

I thought Elijah was our best player coming into the season and he can definitely be more productive, but this is not the way.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

At the time of this tweet it was being reported by other people that the Jets said it was due to a family matter. Cimini has a reputation of being a negative pot stirrer going back to the Daily News. If other people weren't reporting the Jets said this I doubt Cimini would have caught nearly as much crap as he did. People had reasonable cause to believe Cimini was purposely leaving out information to stir the pot IMO. 

Did the other reporters get it wrong or did the Jets lie? If the Jets did say what was reported and Cimini didn't believe it I think as honest journalist still has a responsibility to at least state all the facts. He can say he's skeptical about it but to leave out facts is shady - if that's what happened.

I saw Cimini's tweet before anyone else addressed it and said it was due to family issue.  And it was fishy from the get-go.  Dude who tweeted about being upset about not getting more fantasy stats just so happens to need to be excused from practice a couple days later?

Cimini can be snarky from time to time but was obviously the only guy on the beat who put 2 and 2 together.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I saw Cimini's tweet before anyone else addressed it and said it was due to family issue.  And it was fishy from the get-go.  Dude who tweeted about being upset about not getting more fantasy stats just so happens to need to be excused from practice a couple days later?

Cimini can be snarky from time to time but was obviously the only guy on the beat who put 2 and 2 together.

Fine, be skeptical. But to leave out facts (again, if that's what happened) because you're skeptical of them is shady. State the facts then exactly what you just said as to why you don't believe it.

That along with his reputation is why most people were on him from what I saw.

8 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

Yes good QB’s are putting up decent, efficient numbers. Thanks for pointing that out. Also check our what WR’s were playing for Tampa that day.

They’re giving up 6.5 YPA. Not even top 10 let alone best in the league and that’s having played Wilson, Fields and Zappe. 

Not trying to single you out here, but this is the problem when people simply look up stats with no context.

Half of Brady’s 277 were in the 4th quarter, chasing when down by 8. Starting with their last drive in the 3rd quarter they passed it 26x over their last 28 plays if you include the failed 2-pt conversion at the end. Prior to the 4th Q he only had ~130-140 yards and 0 TDs. And unlike our matchup it wasn’t pouring the whole first half.

Here’s Cousins to Jefferson in week 1 (189 of his 277 yards went to JJ) in their indoor stadium (I wouldn’t call it a dome, lol). There was maybe 1 of these passes (a shorter sideline out) where he wasn’t open by >2 yards, if not 4 or much more, and the last one shown should’ve been a long TD having the coverage beat by that much, not merely a 21-yd reception with 0 YAC. How many Jets WRs were running this free this many times against GB? They won’t let the video embed but it’s barely a minute and it’s worth a watch.

That isn’t to say Wilson didn’t look lousy in the first half, because he absolutely did. But tbh until it stopped, Rodgers looked inaccurate himself in that early rain. Hidden a little bit by having 2 more possessions (started the game with the ball, plus the refs giving GB that free possession on a 4th down they punted). 3 if you factor in a 15-yard chop block after getting sacked, making it 2nd &29 in crap weather that robbed any half-decent chance of moving the chains absent a D holding or PI call (or outright blown coverage).

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The guy asked for a trade while the team is winning games because he doesn't like the way they're winning. How is that NOT selfish? It's basically the definition of a me first player.

I don't care if we're winning I'm not getting the ball enough, trade me. WAAAH

I thought Elijah was our best player coming into the season and he can definitely be more productive, but this is not the way.

Yea…. I meant his play has been so insignificant that hes not worthy of any clever nicknames for cunty actions 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But…those weren’t the facts, right? It was a transparent lie. It’s not Cimini’s job to launder the Jets nonsense.

If the Jets said it, the fact I'm referring to is just that the Jets said it. The truth of what the Jets said can be questioned, but he should say what they're claiming. That's all.

And that's why people were on Dick.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Biggs said:

29th in passing attempts and 31 in passing yards.  5th in rushing attempts and 4th in rushing yards.  That NY Giants team.  

I stand by my statement

16 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I would think he would be enjoying the turnaround the Jets are currently having. The Jets have been running effectively and have built their game plans around their rushing attack. I’m sure for a receiver, playing on teams like the Packers and Chiefs probably would be preferable. My disappointment in Moore is that winning is the goal of any team and now that the Jets have won 3 straight it’s the absolute wrong time to complain about targets and requesting a trade.

I don’t want to be a negative Nelly here, but the Jets have won three straight games. There are a lot of teams out there that you’d probably have to agree are better situations if your primary criteria is winning a lot of football games. And they need wide receiver help. And those teams aren’t going to tell a 22 year old talent “hey man, wait your turn, we’re breaking down the quarterback and re-building him at the molecular level.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

I stand by my statement

I don’t want to be a negative Nelly here, but the Jets have won three straight games. There are a lot of teams out there that you’d probably have to agree are better situations if your primary criteria is winning a lot of football games. And they need wide receiver help. And those teams aren’t going to tell a 22 year old talent “hey man, wait your turn, we’re breaking down the quarterback and re-building him at the molecular level.” 

Elijah deserves to go someplace were they cater to his needs better as an individual player and person. 

862487E2-A712-448F-B7C2-8BB5468308DC.jpeg

• Haha 1