Home dogs to the LIONS?

heymangold

12 minutes ago, slats said:

If Vegas wanted people to bet on the Lions, wouldn’t they be giving them points? 

No because Vegas thinks that the majority of bettors expect the Lions to win but if they place them as dogs it puts some doubt behind them.

Having them as +1 favorites on the road has the bettors feeling good, ohhhh okay yeah Detroit will definitely win and I only need them to win by that much?! Place the college fund on it.

I rarely have faith that the Jets will win but I really think they come out hammer Detroit.

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is an absolute must-win.

538 gives the Jets a 38% chance of getting in

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nfl-predictions/

For a young and up-and-coming team looking to build a winning identity and create a culture change this is a great opportunity.

These last 4 games are like playoff games....get used to them if you want to be consistent contenders.

We've all wanted a December like this for quite some time.

Time to change the narrative and move on from being losers.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Do you watch other football teams?  The Lions are the hottest team in the league and the Jets starting QB probably is going to play with broken ribs.  The Lions just wiped the floor with the same team that beat us a week ago.  

Q Williams is a 1 or 2 point line moving player as well the calf injury could have something to do with it as well.

They clearly don't. The Lion offense is light years ahead of ours.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Jets better put up points in this game because we are not totally stifling this team on defense.  They have a near complete offense, Qb is playing his best these days, excellent, RBs very very underrated receivers and a good oline.

Yes, this is a game for the offense to score some points - similar to the Bears game. 

The OL has to step up big time. 

Who cares about the Lions beating the Vikings and we didn't? Football is about matchups. Lions can score but they haven't been tested by a secondary like ours......we match up well with their offense. Their D is one of the more suspect units in the league. A game that GW and Bam can feast. Plus you have a dome team coming into Metlife in December where they already produce half the amount of offense they do at home....

The wildcard here is MW and Q's injuries....

They're a tough team and not the penciled in W a lot of ppl around here put on their schedules about a month ago....but they don't scare me to the point of being seriously worried, or agreeing with Vegas placing us as 1pt Home Dogs......

18 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

No because Vegas thinks that the majority of bettors expect the Lions to win but if they place them as dogs it puts some doubt behind them.

Having them as +1 favorites on the road has the bettors feeling good, ohhhh okay yeah Detroit will definitely win and I only need them to win by that much?! Place the college fund on it.

I rarely have faith that the Jets will win but I really think they come out hammer Detroit.

This is a line where Smart money hammers the Jets and cashes in big time

All of this stuffed is baked into the lines. Then again...'Figures often beguile me," Twain wrote, "particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.'

Screenshot_20221212-170321.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Do you watch other football teams?  The Lions are the hottest team in the league and the Jets starting QB probably is going to play with broken ribs.  The Lions just wiped the floor with the same team that beat us a week ago.  

Q Williams is a 1 or 2 point line moving player as well the calf injury could have something to do with it as well.

And a dome team playing outside on the east coast in December has nothing to do with this game? They'll be lucky to reach 17 pts not counting turnovers.

• Upvote 1