Zach Wilson has ‘all the confidence in the world’ after Jets benching

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Never saw that, my family did them as simple as possible. Pizza dough, just Tear a piece  and tossed in oil on cast iron pan . Cook golden on both sides, fluffy in middle, tossed on plate with paper towel, slab of butter and a teaspoon of sugar right out of my grandmother sugar jar for coffee. Basic as could be and GAF! 

My nonna used to fry me pizza dough for breakfast but instead of sugar she'd make a simple marinara and put it on top of the fried pizza.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Two clear points. 
1) I believe Mike White gives the team the better chance to win. 

I don’t believe you believe that.

2) I also recognize the fact that the team performed better when Zach Wilson was the QB. 

I totally believe you believe this, without understand the whys behind it.

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I don’t believe you believe that.

Not sure why you think I'm lying.  I'm not.  

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

totally believe you believe this, without understand the whys behind it.

It's not a belief, it's a fact.  

Now the why's is a different question.  Why did they perform better?  There are many factors as to why.

I  am naturally clever - but there is not subtlety here.   Two clear points. 
1) I believe Mike White gives the team the better chance to win. 

2) I also recognize the fact that the team performed better when Zach Wilson was the QB. 

You’re a natural politician.

Funny enough Bill Clinton was at the Eagles-NYG game this weekend and proclaimed liking both teams. Few years ago Biden was in Laurie’s suite and proclaimed his love for both the Eagles and the Giants (who they were also playing that night)…

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

You’re a natural politician.

Funny enough Bill Clinton was at the Eagles-NYG game this weekend and proclaimed liking both teams. Few years ago Biden was in Laurie’s suite and proclaimed his love for both the Eagles and the Giants (who they were also playing that night)…

Truth is...

I like Mike White and honestly believe he's an upgrade over Zach Wilson right now - absolutely gives the Jets the better chance to win - but I also believe the adoration is way over the top.

While at the same time.

I know Zach completely broke down in that 2nd NE game - got to a point where he was literally afraid to throw the ball and the off chance he did it was wildly inaccurate.  He needed a T.O. But played better through his first 6 games than most are giving him credit for (Denver and NE were bad)

So yeah, I call out some of the Mike White things I believe to be ridiculous..While also pointing to the positives that Zach brought.

I hate that we have to take sides...but it seems that's what's happening here.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Truth is...

I like Mike White and honestly believe he's an upgrade over Zach Wilson right now - absolutely gives the Jets the better chance to win - but I also believe the adoration is way over the top.

While at the same time.

I know Zach completely broke down in that 2nd NE game - got to a point where he was literally afraid to throw the ball and the off chance he did it was wildly inaccurate.  He needed a T.O. But played better through his first 6 games than most are giving him credit for (Denver and NE were bad)

So yeah, I call out some of the Mike White things I believe to be ridiculous..While also pointing to the positives that Zach brought.

Exactly.  Honestly I’ve had to take a break from here because the whole Wilson supporters vs White supporters had become so ridiculous.  Last I checked both players are Jets and we should support both guys no matter who is starting.  That doesn’t mean we can’t critique either one but many go way too far regarding both players.   It’s become agenda driven.  Honestly there are things I like about both players.  Right now White has earned the starting job but that doesn’t mean it will be for the foreseeable future.  If that’s the case that’s great but if Zach gets it together and he becomes the guy that’s also great.  I just think the whole choosing sides thing is ridiculous and babyish quite frankly.  

• Upvote 4

22 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Truth is...

While at the same time.

I appreciate the effort. 

6 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

The big treats were the batches that were the size of a baseball. They were stuffed with mozzarella, ricotta and chunks of dry sausage. I’ve never seen anyone else make them like that… To this day one of th3 best things I’ve ever eaten. 

This sounds beyond awesome. Is a recipe anywhere or can you explain to make such a thing?

23 minutes ago, 65 Toss Power Trap said:

This sounds beyond awesome. Is a recipe anywhere or can you explain to make such a thing?

If you can find a recipe to show you how to make the dough for Zeppoles, (I guess you could also use pizza dough, like @The Crusher said) then simply mix the ricotta with pieces of mozzarella and cut up chunks of dry sausage or soppressata. (It’s not complicated at all, it can get a little messy though). 

All you need to do is grab a piece of the flat piece of the dough and put some of the filling on top of the middle of it, then close it up and roll it into a roundish shape in your hands. (The dough is moist and pliable, so it seals nicely.)

Place a few at a time in a pot of hot oil, and when the outside is a nice golden brown color scoop them out.

They’re incredible right from the pan, but you can make as many as you want and re heat them at another time.

if you decide to try it, you won’t regret it, ? and don’t forget to @ me and tell me what you think!

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If you can find a recipe to show you how to make the dough for Zeppoles, (I guess you could also use pizza dough, like @The Crusher said) then simply mix the ricotta with pieces of mozzarella and cut up chunks of dry sausage or soppressata. (It’s not complicated at all, it can get a little messy though). 

All you need to do is grab a piece of the flat piece of the dough and put some of the filling on top of the middle of it, then close it up and roll it into a roundish shape in your hands. (The dough is moist and pliable, so it seals nicely.)

Place a few at a time in a pot of hot oil, and when the outside is a nice golden brown color scoop them out.

They’re incredible right from the pan, but you can make as many as you want and re heat them at another time.

if you decide to try it, you won’t regret it, ? and don’t forget to @ me and tell me what you think!

We get our dough from the local pizzeria GG, $3 for a giant blob

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

We get our dough from the local pizzeria GG, $3 for a giant blob

My only question with that, is if you’re using pizza dough, isn’t that a fried calzone?
I’m no expert, but I thought a zeppole dough was different? ( I’m probably wrong here though, because pizza joints usually sell zeppoles and I bet they’re using the same dough you’re buying)

Mandated internet disclaimer: yes I understand highlights don’t include the negative plays. 

so it’s petty wild to me how much better Zach looked in his first few games as a rookie compared to this year.  No idea how much is Zach vs coaches but it’s definitely not a good look for the flower. 

He regularly displays touch, accuracy, velocity, agility, speed, mobility but is maddeningly inconsistent.  His problems have always been mental. 

just putting this here to balance the revisionist history that he doesn’t have a quick release or talent ???

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

Mandated internet disclaimer: yes I understand highlights don’t include the negative plays. 

so it’s petty wild to me how much better Zach looked in his first few games as a rookie compared to this year.  No idea how much is Zach vs coaches but it’s definitely not a good look for the flower. 

He regularly displays touch, accuracy, velocity, agility, speed, mobility but is maddeningly inconsistent.  His problems have always been mental. 

just putting this here to balance the revisionist history that he doesn’t have a quick release or talent ???

It's because at the start of his rookie year he played like he was behind the BYU offensive line. This year he played like he was behind last year's OL. 

His confidence in the players around him drained to the point that he became the liability when the players around him finally were good. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

To be honest, this whole message board was all for him starting right away judging him solely  on a preseason where he didn't  face a single #1 defense for even a qrt.. I was reading things like he looks like he belongs, clearly the best of all the QBs. Don't  start him on day 1? I think a lot of people would have been asking why Zach isn't  starting when all we had was White and Johnson. 

The same thing is true of The Strev.

4 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  Honestly I’ve had to take a break from here because the whole Wilson supporters vs White supporters had become so ridiculous.  Last I checked both players are Jets and we should support both guys no matter who is starting.  That doesn’t mean we can’t critique either one but many go way too far regarding both players.   It’s become agenda driven.  Honestly there are things I like about both players.  Right now White has earned the starting job but that doesn’t mean it will be for the foreseeable future.  If that’s the case that’s great but if Zach gets it together and he becomes the guy that’s also great.  I just think the whole choosing sides thing is ridiculous and babyish quite frankly.  

I'm a big fan of MW and love what he's been doing so far but I still wouldn't just throw ZW away (or trade him for pennies on the dollar).   So far ZW doesn't look like anything but there's no urgency to trade him.  And I doubt his current trade value is high enough to even make it worth our while.  

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I never once said Zach was the reason they won.  There you go again, parsing words.

I was very clear - I even put it in quotation marks "the team" performed better when Zach Wilson was the QB.  That is indisputable.  They were 5-2 vs. 1-2 and 1-2.  (Wins and losses actually represent performance, considering that's why they play the games)

I didn'tt say Zach was better than Mike White or that Zach was the reason they won or Mike White the reason they lost.

But I've also been told the reason the Jets lost was because "the team" lost and Mike White was good.  That wins and losses are a "team" stat.

With that understanding it is factual that "the team" performed better when Zach was the QB. Shouldn't be a controversial statement.  It's the reality.

Start at 31:05

"Garropollo has a higher winning percentage than Aaron Rodgers, John Elway, Dan Marino, and Terry Bradshaw.  Is he better than those guys?"

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Wilson being anywhere near a football in a game should scare all of you.  There is no good reason for him to be activated and Flacco still being a Jet.  Both of them are known entities.  

Remember when Chris Simms said for 2 years Zach Wilson was better than Trevor Lawrence and everyone agreed with him?

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I never once said Zach was the reason they won.  There you go again, parsing words.

I was very clear - I even put it in quotation marks "the team" performed better when Zach Wilson was the QB.  That is indisputable.  They were 5-2 vs. 1-2 and 1-2.  (Wins and losses actually represent performance, considering that's why they play the games)

I didn'tt say Zach was better than Mike White or that Zach was the reason they won or Mike White the reason they lost.

But I've also been told the reason the Jets lost was because "the team" lost and Mike White was good.  That wins and losses are a "team" stat.

With that understanding it is factual that "the team" performed better when Zach was the QB. Shouldn't be a controversial statement.  It's the reality.

The team performed better when we had AVT and Breece healthy. 

After Flacco's corpse started us off at 1-2, we went on a 4 game run of wins, our best spell of the season. Then we lost both these guys in the one game, and we've been 2-4 since.

Wilson being the QB may have had some impact on that 4 game run, but personally I feel it is more correlation than causation.

Putting Wilson back at QB will not bring back what AVT and Breece brought. Bam Bam is making up a bit for losing Breece, but the OL is still struggling to overcome losing AVT (and the myriad other short & medium term absences we've had).

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Larz said:

Zach's fun. Can't wait to see him out there. 

White take a seat. 

On 12/15/2022 at 6:50 AM, The Crusher said:

Zach never lacked confidence he showed  up with a ton, some may say too much or more than his ability warranted. He needs to take a step behind and realized he needs to learn how to play the position at this level. Until he does that his confidence is nothing more than hubris. 

I like that word ... Hubris 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Larz said:

Hmmm. 

So, in Zach's second career game, he threw 4 picks and had a QBR of 10.1. In his third, career game, the team got shutout and he had a QBR of 15.3. Basically, I'm not sure about your premise (the bolded).

I do agree that he oozes talent, but a lot of busts ooze talent. As you mentioned, he's never been able to consistently play well.