What would you trade for Lamar

54 minutes ago, pointman said:

Jets fans haven't had a real QB since... Testaverde, maybe? Yet here we are talking about Lamar. "Lamar Jackson?? Pfft that nincompoop?? He suck. I wouldn't give the Bills 6th round pick for him. He's awful!" Meanwhile, "That Mike White kid. He is something else. He has a chance to be a top 5 QB if we get the OC to work a scheme that fits his talents".

Angry Gary Oldman GIF get out GIF

They want jordan love for 2 seconds and elijah moore

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, pointman said:

Cool. Yes. Question: Do you think that someone of his talent, that is still very young, isn't worth serious consideration when we haven't had a real QB in a very long time? 

The problem is the asking price + money he will want combined with the obvious durability concerns.

If the jets are paying a QB that much money, they need him to durable, above all else. I just don’t think Lamar’s game is built for longevity. This is the second year in a row that he’s unavailable down the stretch. Not a great sign. 

pass 

32 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The problem is the asking price + money he will want combined with the obvious durability concerns.

If the jets are paying a QB that much money, they need him to durable, above all else. I just don’t think Lamar’s game is built for longevity. This is the second year in a row that he’s unavailable down the stretch. Not a great sign. 

pass 

He is 25! His injury history (according to some no name site I just googled) said he has had 4 injuries and nothing exceeding a "sprain". He has shown up when he has had to. Right now he is holding out because he has no deal in place. Missing practice (insert Iverson quote here) but is apparently ready to roll in game time. We don't know for sure what his tag will be, but I think it needs serious consideration. He could catapult us to serious contender even with all our shortcomings. With how far we have been from competitive, I don't think we are in any place to simply say "no" based on money that is neither yours or mine to spend. Let the cap guys that are paid handsomely worry about that. 

2 hours ago, Be_a_Jet said:

2 1sts and a 3rd is what I would be willing to do 

Biggest issue would be that he is going to want the Watson type of contract where it is fully guaranteed. If it is between 35-50M per year for 4+ years that is such a commitment that can go terribly wrong especially if a bad injury to him occurs.

No it isn't good value to sign a injury-prone QB to the kind of contract he expects. Somebody will probably pay it but it doesn't have to be the Jets. He gets injured early in the season and you're watching Zach all season. It would be different if the Jets had a good backup option that isn't a total disaster or equally as injury-prone. 

Also, as somebody pointed out, LaFleur would want him to be a pocket passer which he isn't. Complete waste to bring him here. 

4 minutes ago, Jet2020 said:

Watson will be back next year. He was extremely rusty. And Russell had the luxury of two elite WRs. Just because they failed doesn’t mean every top QB will fail switching to another team

You are correct; however, it means trading the farm for a QB is by no means a guarantee of future success. No different really than rolling the dice on a high draft pick. As bad as ZW has been for us, Russell Wilson has been a far greater crash and burn for the Broncs.

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

Can't forget these other teams breaking the bank (Browns for Watson, Broncos for Wilson) only to really wish they hadn't. Let's not be like those teams.

This is a strange take.
I can see the Broncos regretting the Wilson deal, but why are you making stuff up about Watson and the Browns?

Any big contract in football is risky because of injury (see Murray/Arizona, but you conveniently forget the teams like the Bills and Chiefs who ensured long term success by signing Mahomes and Allen.

5 minutes ago, pointman said:

He is 25! His injury history (according to some no name site I just googled) said he has had 4 injuries and nothing exceeding a "sprain". He has shown up when he has had to. Right now he is holding out because he has no deal in place. Missing practice (insert Iverson quote here) but is apparently ready to roll in game time. We don't know for sure what his tag will be, but I think it needs serious consideration. He could catapult us to serious contender even with all our shortcomings. With how far we have been from competitive, I don't think we are in any place to simply say "no" based on money that is neither yours or mine to spend. Let the cap guys that are paid handsomely worry about that. 

He’s a 25 year old QB with 727(!) rushing attempts already. He averages over 10 rushing attempts per game for his career. That’s not going to last. 

Let the ravens give him 40 mill per year (don’t you think it’s interesting that they are dragging their feet? I wonder why?)

pass 

6 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He’s a 25 year old QB with 727(!) rushing attempts already. He averages over 10 rushing attempts per game for his career. That’s not going to last. 

Let the ravens give him 40 mill per year (don’t you think it’s interesting that they are dragging their feet? I wonder why?)

pass 

He has avoided serious injury and will adjust as he ages. at 25, I'd roll the dice because he is still elite at a position where we have been obsolete. 

• Thumb Down 1

Back to back years where he sustained seemingly minor injuries that ended up costing him big games down the stretch when the team thought he could have come back earlier. 

Maybe he's just forcing his way out of town but it's not a great look for a franchise QB.

With that said,  he'll make this team a super bowl contender immediately. 

I’m torn, he would be a solid starter behind a rebuilt O line, but at what cost to the Jets long term plans
I’m thinking Jimmy G or D Carr for two years. Then draft a young talented QB in the lower rounds who can sit for 2 years and learn. If the Jets are serious about trying to reset Zack and there is a chance he could actually progress and become what we thought he was when we drafted him, it would be a win, win.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app