Jaguars

37 minutes ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Good thing a couple of years ago that the Jets won that meaningless game late in the season to knock themselves to the number two draft pick. Only the Jets could win a meaningless game and cost themselves a future franchise quarterback. 

The most Jets thing ever.  

Everyone knowing what was at stake, having it within our grasp, then handing it over to Jax….  Sickening.

The Jets deserve Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 3

Just now, undertow said:

I'll never understand the hatred for the Jags from this fanbase....Trevor Lawrence failing isn't going to change the fact Zach Wilson is a wet fart.

Who hates the Jags? I am envious that they have such a good coach who made such a drastic turnaround on an awful QB from last year in TL. I hope they win the SB.

The only way to fix this sh*t show we have here is to bring in good coaches

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What makes the Jets missing out on Trevor Lawrence even worse, is Joe Douglas got cute and decided to draft Zach Wilson instead of trading down with the 49ers. The Dolphins, who are in our division, got all those draft picks. We sucked in 2020 for nothing. 2-14 for Zach Wilson. That right there is almost unforgivable. It stings thinking about what we could have had instead of BYU.

Yes it does, my friend. Yes it does.

13 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

What makes the Jets missing out on Trevor Lawrence even worse, is Joe Douglas got cute and decided to draft Zach Wilson instead of trading down with the 49ers. The Dolphins, who are in our division, got all those draft picks. We sucked in 2020 for nothing. 2-14 for Zach Wilson. That right there is almost unforgivable. It stings thinking about what we could have had instead of BYU.

JD sucks and has tiny nipples

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

wouldnt have mattered, unless we got Pederson, we would be talking about what an awful bust Lawrence was

Indeed, I followed the jaguars this year and they were in fact calling Trevor Lawrence a bust it wasn’t until about 4 or 5 games ago that Pederson said “playing to Lawrence’s strengths paid off”.

The key to that is Pederson played to his players strengths and not to a “system” and I will leave it at that; and that Lawrence in his own words had to “get his confidence back”!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Indeed, I followed the jaguars this year and they were in fact calling Trevor Lawrence a bust it wasn’t until about 4 or 5 games ago that Pederson said “playing to Lawrence’s strengths paid off”.

The key to that is Pederson played to his players strengths and not to a “system” and I will leave it at that; and that Lawrence in his own words had to “get his confidence back”!

Anyone who knows literally anything about football understands this. Anyone who thinks TL went from being ZW + 0.03 rating to a legit FQB by some miracle is a complete and utter fool. If not for Pederson he is looked at as the same bust ZW is looked at.

Now, before everyone gets their ZW panties in a wad, that does not mean Pederson could have done the same for ZW, its impossible to know that.

But he is the reason TL turned from bust to FQB in one year, without question

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

wouldnt have mattered, unless we got Pederson, we would be talking about what an awful bust Lawrence was

But for some reason, people around here didn’t want Mike McCarthy, and I recall not them not wanting pederson, and celebrating when we got saleh. Who would’ve thunk this wouldn’t work out? A defensive minded first time head coach, with his inexperience buddy running the offense and picking a kid who plays no competition while he is guard on the line by 25 year olds. Thanks for making that tackle Braden Mann.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Good thing a couple of years ago that the Jets won that meaningless game late in the season to knock themselves to the number two draft pick. Only the Jets could win a meaningless game and cost themselves a future franchise quarterback. 

The team got ten points from the D. Lawrence did not look good in a game with pressure so he still has more to prove to say he is very good.

4 hours ago, NIGHT STALKER said:

Why not us?  I've been asking that question for decades when a team which has struggled like us, but takes the leap.  Can't be just the QB position, could it?

Some people think you need the structure in place before the QB comes along.  Not so in Jacksonville.  

Lawrence had no structure his first year.  Awful coach, awful receivers, Etienne hurt.

But his presence there helped bring in Pederson.  Suddenly…structure.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Coquito said:

This thread is pathetic. 

They almost lost to the Titans who had a QB picked up off a practice squad. 

**** TREVOR LAWRENCE. **** HIM. AND **** ANY JETS FAN STILL CRYING ABOUT NOT GETTING HIM. YOU ARE A BABY AND A LOSER.

4 hours ago, Coquito said:

LOL

THE JAGS ARE 1 AND DONE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

Dude.  They have a top 10-ish QB (at least) for the next decade+.

I’ll cry all I want to. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

Two meaningless games

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, usanyj said:

But for some reason, people around here didn’t want Mike McCarthy, and I recall not them not wanting pederson, and celebrating when we got saleh. Who would’ve thunk this wouldn’t work out? A defensive minded first time head coach, with his inexperience buddy running the offense and picking a kid who plays no competition while he is guard on the line by 25 year olds. Thanks for making that tackle Braden Mann.

Didn’t matter they still would have beaten Cleveland the next week and lost out on Lawrence.

We needed 0 wins

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Biggs said:

They have a great opportunity to get to the second round.   It will be a tossup game.

Their defense suprised me.

I don’t see much of them during the year and thought the turnover would have happened to them instead of tenn.

pederson has done a fantastic job and they are young and talented.

not buff,kc,caliber but a very good team that is learning.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

So we need to see if we double down on fixing Zach or replacing him.  Do we double down with retaining the CS.

something has to change

If they double down on one they’re gonna double down on all. The Jets never learn. We will be going through the same sh*t show next year, unfortunately. This reminds me of 2017, and Bowles got a vote of confidence lol only to be fired at the end of the next year.

Meanwhile, all of our good young offensive players are being stagnated by our stubborn OC and his dumbass system. If Moore and Wilson are our best players on offense right now you have to figure out how to get them the ball. Not continuing to hand the ball off to scrub rbs into a sh*t offensive line.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

It's unlikely to happen but imagine if the Patriots beat the Bills this weekend and get to the playoffs with their young quarterback Mac Jones. That would be the cherry on top of this shyte sundae. 

Amazingly... there will STILL be people here thinking that 

A - The Pats and Jags still suck

B - That JD and Saleh should be given more time lol. 

7 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Meh, I disagree. Guys are there who are good at that range, Mahomes was there, Hebert was there, the range has nothing to do with it, its having people in your organization who know what they are looking at, and know how to develop a qb, and know how to build an offense to their players strength, draft range has nothing to do with this

I’d argue that the last portion of your post is part of why teams in the 2-5 range haven’t been successful drafting quarterbacks historically, and I talked about the team situation in my post not just the players who are available. Draft range absolutely has something to do with the quality of the organization, talent level of the team, and the team’s capacity to develop a quarterback as it relates to both of those areas. And the history of quarterbacks taken in that range kind of speaks for itself in that regard.

8 hours ago, Warfish said:

If we had their coach, and played Wilson all  season, are we a playoff team as you see it?  

If we had Peterson, Wilson would probably be sitting and learning this year, because he probably would have recognized he wasn't ready.

8 hours ago, Larz said:

Coaching matters 

All together now... "Coaching matters"

I truly believe this, and will keep saying it till I'm blue in the face. Saleh has been nothing but word salad lately, and I'm getting tired of hearing some of it. Just today's paper... "This is our championship game".  Half the team isn't starting. You wanna get this fan base on board, start watching tape of the great coaches... and see if they spoke like you.

Lombardi = "What the hell is going on here"

1 hour ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Didn’t matter they still would have beaten Cleveland the next week and lost out on Lawrence.

We needed 0 wins

It might've been more painful that way.  Beating another dreg of a team in Cleveland to cost us the next 10+ years.

#TheseJets

• Upvote 3