Jets OC interviews (Merged OC Candidates Thread)

Larz

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Link? Not saying you’re wrong, I just haven’t seen this anywhere…

Frankly, if the Ravens have any intention on keeping him at or near the price he wants, they'd be crazy if they didn't want him to pretty much eliminate the designed runs. And, for Jackson's part he's always wanted to be a passer, and not a runner.

“I hate running,” Jackson said before a practice last month. “Only if I have to. But my job is to get the ball to the receivers, tight ends, running backs. If I have to run, I’ll do it. But I’d rather just sit back and pass it. I like throwing touchdowns instead of running them.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/sports/football/lamar-jackson-ravens.html

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Um LOL ? If he did all those things then why get rid of him ? Just say the truth that there were different directions the organization wanted to go. Don't tell us how great he was then dump him that's just a bunch of nonsense

The first tweet I read about this characterized it as "Roman is stepping down", which is obviously different than being fired. Obviously this could just be people putting window dressing on a fire to make it look nice.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The first tweet I read about this characterized it as "Roman is stepping down", which is obviously different than being fired. Obviously this could just be people putting window dressing on a fire to make it look nice.

Well yeah if he stepped down then I get all the praise but who knows Barry we never ever get the real story.

6 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

O ok so Lamar and the Ravens fans are now the prime time guru's on where and where not to hire an OC . We should check there often to see if we made the right calls. 

This isn't about Ravens fans guy. All you have to do is look at his numbers.....

The same ppl asking for Roman would be the same ones crying we run a caveman offense when we lead the league in rushing attempts by week 14.....

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JiFields said:

I Hope Please GIF

Say Lamar doesn't go elsewhere, but the Jets grab Roman. Is there another QB, maybe in this draft for example, who you think Roman could build an offense to maximize? In theory if I was talking about someone specific it's someone you've watched more than anyone else on the board. Hypothetically. Maybe wore number 15.

I'm actually asking if you think that fit would work, by the way, not suggesting it would. But the mobility and underrated feel for passing have me curious.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

This isn't about Ravens fans guy. All you have to do is look at his numbers.....

The same ppl asking for Roman would be the same ones crying we run a caveman offense when we lead the league in rushing attempts by week 14.....

Keep in mind if you have a bad ass rushing attack and a good solid QB that is a winning formula. In 09 and 10 all we really lacked was the QB but when Sanchez played in the playoffs he did well and we nearly went to a SB. Imagine that type of running game with Hall and when all out OL get back healthy how much that would do for a QB . You keep Mike White then spend big on a Big Possession WR and an OLmen to round out the offense. If you go for the big name QB you are still lacking on offense with zero money to spend.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, carlito1171 said:

If we lead the league in rushing attempts, we are winning football games. That’s fine with me. 

• More Ugh 1

17 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Someone who won't destroy Garrett Wilson's value. Greg Roman led offense is where WR's go to die.

Have you seen Baltimore's WR corps the past few years? And no, Brown was not a "great" WR.  Maybe, just maybe, Roman designed the O that way because of that and Lamar's passing limitations (specifically....accuracy)

4 minutes ago, Morrissey said:

Hire Greg Roman...  Garrett Wilson will be 3rd WR on this team to demand a trade

that is just BS...the kid wants to win.  Romans is the equivalent of Gregg Williams is defense.  Let there be an adult in the room for once.

Breece, MC, Ruckert, AVT, Becton, and GW would all benefit.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Have you seen Baltimore's WR corps the past few years? And no, Brown is not a "great" WR.  Maybe, just maybe, Roman designed the O that way because of that and Lamar's passing limitations (specifically....accuracy)

or maybe we have a decade worth evidence of a Greg Roman run offense and it's a fossil. (SF, Buffalo, and Baltimore)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Morrissey said:

or maybe we have a decade worth evidence of a Greg Roman run offense is a fossil. (SF, Buffalo, and Baltimore)

That’s why he should be matched up with a young guy who has new fresh ideas to bring to the table. Older established guy and young guy with that hunger working together 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

Just now, Larz said:

Probably doesn’t matter. The guys on our list aren’t being considered for any good jobs that I’m aware of and Roman will likely have good options. Feels like he’s being scapegoated for the goal line call 

The goal line call was admitted as a QB sneak push. Not over the top. Huntley screwed it up.