Hackett to be hired as OC

30 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

YEAH BABY. Hackett is getting that free Denver money for the next three years. He ain’t getting off that couch unless he KNOWS Aaron Rodgers is coming here. WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOO GOLDEN AGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

Pretty sure Hack sold Paton that he could get A-Rod to Denver, too.

Even if they somehow get A-Rod, it's vomit-inducing seeing this POS coach representing the team I root for.

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

YEAH BABY. Hackett is getting that free Denver money for the next three years. He ain’t getting off that couch unless he KNOWS Aaron Rodgers is coming here. WOOOOOOOO WOOOOOOO WOOOOO GOLDEN AGE OF JETS FOOTBALL

I really really really hate your new avatar :( 

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, football guy said:

Klint Kubiak is probably that guy, but Marcus Brady bears watching 

dont you feel its odd that the role of senior assistant goes to a guy thats 35 and 8 years younger than the OC hed be advising? 

Obviously who his father is plays a large role in that, i just find that structure odd.  Had it been reversed it would make mroe sense to me

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

dont you feel its odd that the role of senior assistant goes to a guy thats 35 and 8 years younger than the OC hed be advising? 

Obviously who his father is plays a large role in that, i just find that structure odd.  Had it been reversed it would make mroe sense to me

Earlier he mentioned Kubiak as QB Coach. 

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

Earlier he mentioned Kubiak as QB Coach. 

QB coach i could see.  and I would be in favor of that for sure.  I like him in that role.  

I'm not even saying he'd be a bad senior advisor, just i dont view that slot as going to someone with 13 years of coaching experience tasked with advising someone with 20 years of experience. 

1 minute ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

QB coach i could see.  and I would be in favor of that for sure.  I like him in that role.  

I'm not even saying he'd be a bad senior advisor, just i dont view that slot as going to someone with 13 years of coaching experience tasked with advising someone with 20 years of experience. 

David Shaw?

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

I don't think the job for OC came with Hackett promising to bring in Rodgers. Saleh had to convince Hackett to come back to coaching. 

But any suggestion by Saleh that they "haven't discussed names" is merely to protect us from being investigated for tampering. They have absolutely discussed names, and I'm sure they outlined plan A, B, C scenarios 

Hackett has no reason to coach this year bc he's still getting paid by the Broncos. Especially to a place that currently does not have a starting QB on it. It only makes sense for Hackett if he's going into a great situation where he can rehab his image. They have to already had conversations with the Packers regarding Rodgers. I'm not sure Hackett comes here workout a guarantee of who the QB will be. The Jets miss out on Rodgers and Jimmy G and they're in big trouble and Hacketts career is probably over for while 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Hackett has no reason to coach this year bc he's still getting paid by the Broncos. Especially to a place that currently does not have a starting QB on it. It only makes sense for Hackett if he's going into a great situation where he can rehab his image. They have to already had conversations with the Packers regarding Rodgers. I'm not sure Hackett comes here workout a guarantee of who the QB will be. The Jets miss out on Rodgers and Jimmy G and they're in big trouble and Hacketts career is probably over for while 

Then hire him AFTER you trade for Rodgers.

It's not as if the guy is in demand after falling flat on his face in Denver.

Nothing is done until it's done.

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I don't think they can guarantee anything. That would involve Rodgers already knowing, and I truly don't believe he has made up his mind. I think he knows its a real possibility, and I'm sure they spoke at length about Rodgers, but can't see Hackett setting himself up for failure like that either. 

My guess is the Jets have shared their plan. 1) Rodgers  2) Garoppolo

Never got the sense they wanted Carr but you can throw him in as an option as well

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I may be alone in this but I liked Carr better than Rogers or any QB I'm his 40's

You're not alone.

Previously, I didn't even take any of the Rodgers talk seriously. Today, maybe that's changed. But my opinion is still that the cost is prohibitive for a guy who is clearly in decline in Rodgers.

It would be quite something, though. Going from Wilson, who played worse than anyone I have ever seen, to an all-time great. What a leap.

7 minutes ago, FactsOnly said:

1-6

wearing back up T Shirts

receivers throwing hissy fits on the field

receivers dog walking the doormat OC

Bob Salad did NOTHING of the sort

You downvoting every post I make is kind of stalkerish. Between that and your angry negative posts, you seem to be having a hard life. I hope it improves. PM me if you need help. Job, cash, etc. I'm here for you little fella. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

His career was already over. But then the jets did jet things and now he’s back in the league.