Trades outbound?

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Quinnen maybe depending on what his demands are on an extension. He chirped the day after the season ended so that’s definitely something on the horizon 

How did he chirp?  He said he want to be here and be part of th turnaround that he sees coming? 

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

Mosely was 2nd team all-pro last year and there were rumors of the Packers wanting to trade for Davis last year. 

Davis makes some sense because his contract isn’t expensive.  But all-pro appearance notwithstanding I just don’t see anyone taking on Mosley’s deal.  

Still dunno how he made all-pro either.  @Sperm Edwards

• Upvote 2

There are a few guys getting cap casualty cut.  It might be possible to get a 3rd day pick if one of the other 31 GM's see a fit.  Lawson, Davis, Mosley...  Frankly the cupboard is just about bare.  I think the chances are better that we score a 2024 3rd day comp pick.       

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How did he chirp?  He said he want to be here and be part of th turnaround that he sees coming? 

He said he would skip workouts without an extension.  Yes they are voluntary but mentioning that the day after the season ended is pretty clear indication that he and his camp are laying the foundation for a battle.  If I had to guess I’d say he wants north of $25 million.  If he just wanted to be in the Buckner / Jones neighborhood ($20 mill) no reason to draw that line at that point. 

31 minutes ago, Larz said:

He said he would skip workouts without an extension.  Yes they are voluntary but mentioning that the day after the season ended is pretty clear indication that he and his camp are laying the foundation for a battle.  If I had to guess I’d say he wants north of $25 million.  If he just wanted to be in the Buckner / Jones neighborhood ($20 mill) no reason to draw that line at that point. 

I don’t think he was giving a number by saying he wants an extension 

Sort of agree .. and I love Q. But the man has to realize he has put together exactly ONE dominant season ... Let's not pretend he has proven himself to be the next coming of Aaron Donald yet.

If he is demanding anywhere near that... I seriously consider packaging him up.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

50 minutes ago, Larz said:

It was in response to a direct question. It wasn't like he came out and made a statement.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It was in response to a direct question. It wasn't like he came out and made a statement.

Let me clear something up. I love Q. I want him extended for a number of reasons.  To answer the original question, if JD traded a current player, I think Q is a possibility because he has a lot of value and if his contract demands are over way out of line with how the Jets value him, it might be a possibility.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Larz said:

Let me clear something up. I love Q. I want him extended for a number of reasons.  To answer the original question, if JD traded a current player, I think Q is a possibility because he has a lot of value and if his contract demands are over way out of line with how the Jets value him, it might be a possibility.  

agree he could be moved. 

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Not to mention Douglas may not want to sign him to a deal while Doulas and Saleh have their backs against the wall. He may determine pick, players, or just the cap space could be deemed more important than a big extension.

3 hours ago, Larz said:

Quinnen maybe depending on what his demands are on an extension. He chirped the day after the season ended so that’s definitely something on the horizon 

Why would we trade QW?  I just dont get why people worry about the cap like it matters.  We are $100 million below the 2024 cap right now, why would we move QW when he is an elite player?   

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Davis makes some sense because his contract isn’t expensive.  But all-pro appearance notwithstanding I just don’t see anyone taking on Mosley’s deal.  

Still dunno how he made all-pro either.  @Sperm Edwards

If he’s so great surely someone will want to trade for him. I suspect there would be no takers. He blows. 

• Upvote 1

In last years draft word was that the Ravens wanted to take Jordan Davis. If they are looking for a DT then Q may be an option in a Lamar trade possibly. 

Davis isn’t on a bad contract and can probably fetch a 5th. 

Edge rushers are a premium position. Some team would probably trade for Lawson