Hawks re-sign Geno

Now at an added bonus, just for being a valued customer, we will send you a collectible. Now the current value is not where it could be, but if you hold on to this asset for approximately 10-years, you will have a priceless asset. This Pokémon, I mean player is call Zach Wilson. He will eventually evolve. How could he not…

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, mudcat22 said:

Will be interesting to see how they come up with the cap space and still sign Q.

I think they're better off than most realize.  They can restructure a lot of other contracts to kick to next year where they're in a lot better cap situation.   

Sure, it will be interesting to know how they do it, but I'm sure JD is pretty comfortable.

• Sympathy 1

Congratulations Geno Smith!  I admire his perseverance, determination and belief in himself.  Good for him.  He's turning out to be a very nice football story considering all the early adversity.  

And you know who is smiling? John Idzik, Jr.

usatsi_8278134-e1459974828233.jpg?w=1000

I win.

6 minutes ago, Bob Robbins said:

$35M per year for Geno Smith is too much. I get the QB market has inflated, but how do you pay a career back-up that much after one good year? Happy for him, though!

His guarantee is basically what a franchise tag would cost this year and next and in exchange the Seahawks get an extra year. It is a very reasonable deal. He was the most accurate long passer in the NFL so it was not just a system that made him successful.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Flightattendant said:

Who cares at this point. May as well suck another year. We sucked for the last decade so what's one more.

Not keen on giving up our first for a guy who doesn't have 20 games left in him.

20 games gets us to the super bowl my friend!