Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I could see the whole thing falling apart followed by the Packers realizing they still want to move on from him to Jordan Love.  Then they come back to the Jets and we do end up getting Rodgers.  If we get AR, it feels like it's going to take something like that to happen.

The only point of disagreement I have is that the Packers already know they want to move on. Love is their future and Rodgers would only get in the way. 

Being in Australia, I don't know too many Packers fans but those that I do are all happy to see the back of Rodgers just to see whether Love is the man for them.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He’s also got lead in his shoes and catches the ball awkwardly at times. He’s a day 2 talent. They all are at WR in my opinion. 

Completely agree. I'm lower on the WRs this year than in years past. I think the TEs are far more valuable this draft but with Conklin and Uzomah locked in, I don't think we look that way either. I think the vet WR market is the most appealing to me.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Never was coming here.

QB1- Garropolo/Tannehill

QB2- Minshew/Mariotta

QB3- Zach Wilson

Thats a 10-7 season snd a playoff birth without committing long term or giving up draft picks.

Give us a year to determine if Zach improves behind the scenes or if we have to go all in to find a qb in the 2024 draft.  All while having a successful season.

Stay the course Joe!!!!!

Not a bad theory. I don’t think they have minshew as qb2 or tannehill as the alternate qb1. It could be qb1 is garapollo or minshew.

as for Rodgers, we probably won’t know for sure until the draft but we can figure it out from the free agent moves and what players are picked. If sauce is to be believed then it’s not just trading for Rodgers. There are other players involved. I’m guessing Douglas doesn’t want to give up too many draft picks.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Ok ..we are on the same page... only i believe the line in the sand is Midnight tomorrow night. They cannot in good faith start negotiations with other QBs, sayin "We just want to see what Aaron wants to do". Well I guess they could ..but that would not e

Edited by Snook
Oops

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

so without an answer they can still talk to other qbs. it's not like they aren't allowed to do that.....if there's no answer by the start of actual free agency they go after their plan b or c or whatever. what are the other 51,000,996 reasons though? ?

You only missed by about 1,999,000.lol

59 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I found this on Reddit, probably the most realistic opinion on this situation:

Knickstape08

2h

The media doesn’t know sh*t. I’m not one to lay a beat down on them but the amount of conflicting reports is embarrassing. Aaron Rodgers is the one superstar in the league, and maybe in all sports with LeBron James, who no one can get inside info on. 

This is the most leakproof story I’ve seen in a long time, the only people who truly know what’s going on is Aaron Rodgers, the Packers GM and the four that visited him. They know any info that gets out can piss off Rodgers that’s why we won’t hear anything until a deal is done.

This

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

I found this on Reddit, probably the most realistic opinion on this situation:

Knickstape08

2h

The media doesn’t know sh*t. I’m not one to lay a beat down on them but the amount of conflicting reports is embarrassing. Aaron Rodgers is the one superstar in the league, and maybe in all sports with LeBron James, who no one can get inside info on. 

This is the most leakproof story I’ve seen in a long time, the only people who truly know what’s going on is Aaron Rodgers, the Packers GM and the four that visited him. They know any info that gets out can piss off Rodgers that’s why we won’t hear anything until a deal is done.

I was kinda thinking  of that, maybe Rodgers told everyone in that meeting what he was going to do with the condition that neither one of them leaks it, if they leak it he's going to know who did it. Its odd that the Jets are this calm.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

I was kinda thinking  of that, maybe Rodgers told everyone in that meeting what he was going to do with the condition that neither one of them leaks it, if they leak it he's going to know who did it. It’s odd that the Jets are this calm.

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

Agree here. If this was going south I think you’d here something on their end 

2 hours ago, faba said:

He likes the publicity attention making it last as long as possible time is coming Wed is deadline 

the deadline needs to be Monday. thats the legal tampering start. if we wait till Wed Jimmy G could have a deal in place and be gone by then. 

50 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Completely agree. I'm lower on the WRs this year than in years past. I think the TEs are far more valuable this draft but with Conklin and Uzomah locked in, I don't think we look that way either. I think the vet WR market is the most appealing to me.

Yes, vet market is juiced this year. I'm hoping they make a play on Deandre Hopkins. It actually makes sense from a few angles.... but more likely its some NFC North homegrown talent coming our way. 

2022 looked so good on paper coming in at WR. IMO though the entire class underwhelmed.. Boutte, JSN, Johnson, Downs -- none of them really emerged/took a step forward. I think Jordan Addison might be safest/best bang for your buck in rnd 2, but he's redundant with G Wilson on our team. Day 3 at least has a couple of interesting name; AT Perry, Jared Wayne particularly.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Imo this is a troll job on both sides.... Everything is already done they just don't need to do anything because it won't be finalized till the 15th anyway... 

Rodgers get to prove all these insiders wrong when he doesn't announce till his appearance on the McAfee show on Tuesday... Which is after the soft deadline and the players all know but they are pretending to lure him but it's already done and they love watching the fans all squeel... 

Just my opinion but the way the players and coaches are acting make it seem this is closer to the truth then him 'making a decision'... 

I think it's a matter of just reading between the lines 

If the players start finding out in negotiations, it will leak. No doubt.

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

This is kinda pathetic at this point isn’t it

David Byrne Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I really don't have any thoughts to add but I do want to see this thread reach 200

The Jets might not ever get back to the playoffs but dammit we can make this thread really long 

Like those beer snakes 

beer pong lol GIF by World Rugby

• Haha 1