Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

My hope, if this does happen is that Rodgers takes the offseason programs seriously and even spends some time on his own w/ this receiving core and works to establish some chemistry before the season hits.  I do think their is talent in the WR core outside of G. Wilson and I think Rodgers can help bring that out of Moore and Mims but I also think they shouldnt be scared to go get another stud WR.  I'm not even against it at 13 depending on how things unfold.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Green Bay had the 17th ranked offense last year.

Our oc presided over the 21st ranked offense last year.

I do agree about Elijah Moore though.

Aaron Rodgers played with a broken thumb in his throwing hand last year. Last time Rodgers played in offense designed by our OC he was MVP in back to back years.

1 minute ago, JiF4Lamar said:

My hope, if this does happen is that Rodgers takes the offseason programs seriously and even spends some time on his own w/ this receiving core and works to establish some chemistry before the season hits.  I do think their is talent in the WR core outside of G. Wilson and I think Rodgers can help bring that out of Moore and Mims but I also think they shouldnt be scared to go get another stud WR.  I'm not even against it at 13 depending on how things unfold.

Bam!  I feel the same way at #13 especially if they can lure his LT friend from GB or feel they can add a solid 4th tackle in round 3.

22 minutes ago, BP said:

Yep, if he didn’t own the Jets he’d just be another rich guy. He is dying to be like George Steinbrenner and loves attention, regardless of how the jet’s perform. 

Not here to argue, just to offer a different perspective.  Definitely don't see him as a Steinbrenner at all.  Peak Steinbrenner was ruthless in his quest for greatness.  Woody, to me, is more of a fan boy who says some things he shouldn't and who lets his enthusiasm get in the way of being an efficient CEO...

24 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol only the Jets. While significantly better than a Lamar Jackson move, trading for Rodgers is a super desperate move to outright idiotic. All fans can see is what Rodgers was not what he is.  If we do this I think 5-12 or worse is more likely than being a strong playoff contender. I hope the meeting did not go well.

For the record - you claim we would be 5-12 (or worse) with Aaron Rodgers playing QB next year (you are saying this before either FA or the draft, mind you). 

My question is -what would our record be with Zach Wilson starting? 

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Aaron Rodgers played with a broken thumb in his throwing hand last year. Last time Rodgers played in offense designed by our OC he was MVP in back to back years.

I guess he should not have played with a broken thumb in that case since this is the excuse hardly mentioned all last year that has risen from the grave like a zombie.

LaFleur designed that offense, Hackett is like because he makes aaron laugh.

57 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

I think Denzel Mims would see the most improvement. Big body, lots of jump balls and back shoulder throws. sh*t like that.

I think Denzel Mims doesn't make it past training camp he's a terrible route runner and Rodgers will throw him off the field.

11 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I think there's probably some truth to this.

Doesn't mean it can't work.

Oh I think it will work very short term, I mean it is hard to get worse QB play than what we have experienced.

One thing I do find puzzling is the people that love getting Aaron Rodgers and hate the thought of Zac Wilson every playing for us again.  Their fated are intertwined.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, Tranquilo said:

How can this be significantly better than a Jackson move (who is good) but we still end up 5-12 and it's a terrible move? What move should we make?

We need to acquire Mahomes to be the backup right after we get Burrow as the starter. Otherwise, NO!

The lunacy here is at an all time high.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, JiF4Lamar said:

I’d be shocked if he did anything in the off-season with the WRs if he came here. Either way, I think those type of workouts are over blown. Nice to see but in the grand scheme? Meh. 

27 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Lol only the Jets. While significantly better than a Lamar Jackson move, trading for Rodgers is a super desperate move to outright idiotic. All fans can see is what Rodgers was not what he is.  If we do this I think 5-12 or worse is more likely than being a strong playoff contender. I hope the meeting did not go well.

i think we make the playoffs with Rodgers, after that who knows.

i was 1000% against this. i wanted Carr so bad but now i have no choice but to hope the meeting went great cause whats left as our options if Rodgers doesnt come here are so so bad.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I'm not crazy about landing Rodgers, especially if it cost significant draft capital. But I do like the "idea" of Rodgers because even if it is a mistake it is a short term mistake; he seems somewhat willing to teach Zach Wilson; and after being around Rodgers Zach's teammates will probably like Zach (as a person and teammate) a whole lot more.

Haha, this post is full of truth. Pay attention Chil-Rens!

19 minutes ago, BP said:

You’re thinking like an intelligent business person. Woody has been a billionaire since birth and has no clue how structure works in an organization. It’s been blatantly obvious for 23 years now.

A buffer would certainly help. The business and football side are all commingled. On another note, it feels like Woody has always treated this like a hobby and that trickles down to everyone in the building. Saleh playing 9 holes a day was eye opening…

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slats said:

Can’t disagree. The Browns and Watson opened that floodgate, and it’s about time it was opened. The owners are clearly colluding in an attempt to put the genie back in the bottle but, like you say, there’s probably one who’ll pull the trigger for him. They need to calculate whether they want to be the ones to do that, or if they’re better off letting a disgruntled player go. I understand Jackson’s motivations for not returning from injury last season but, also, that’s something of an ugly “me first,” attitude that most likely cost the Ravens the playoffs. That could be a tough pill for the organization to swallow. Ravens currently have $22M in cap room, a $45M tag would not be a comfortable fit for them, and a team signing him to an offer sheet could front load a deal in a way that would make it difficult for the Ravens to match. It’s gonna be interesting to see. I think Lamar is being hard-headed, but the Harbaughs are equally capable in that regard. 

I think saying it was me first to sit out is a little unfair.  Reports from his teammates and Harbaugh said he still had swelling and it was unstable.  W/out a contract in hand, I dont blame him for not putting himself at further risk.  The not flying w/ the team stuff is kind of unsettling but obviously he was sending a message to the org. and again, I dont blame Jackson for being hard headed/standing his ground, the Ravens were terrible w/out him and if they offered him a Murray type contract, that's a slap in the face.  It's not his fault other teams set the market w/ their contracts and 100% someone is going to do it.  They're all snakes. 

40 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It happens to some degree with all owners. Some more than others. Woody just can't keep his yap shut  with the inference that he is part of "operations". In that tweet interview I posted it was all about "we" when referring to what operations would do, rather than suggesting that "JD and staff are looking into options about making the team better, and that includes the qb position".  That is how smart, media savvy, non-inclusive owners do these things. Rather than injecting themselves. 

Woody tends more to want to be a Jerry jones type, rather than a Rooney type.

Woody couldn’t tell you what time it was if he was standing in front of Big Ben. Smart people in all walks of life know what they don’t know. Sadly, Woody is not one of them. He sucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1