Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

21 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In the early days of this site, Max and I had talked about putting together a roundtable format call-in show with a rotating group of hosts from the board and from Twitter, but we couldn’t get the logistics together. 

I have enjoyed podcasts so much.  I, honestly, want to start my own and, recently, put together a high end gaming computer that can also handle the editing to put it at the level that I would like to present it at.  The last few logistics I’m trying to figure out are whether or not it would be Jets-centric, all encompassing for the NFL, or NY Sports-centric.  I still have the blog, but the idea of getting in front and out there just seems way more fun and creative, especially when I, honestly, think about how often I post here and talk football with people in real life too.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It was a disaster the second they committed to Zach Wilson two years ago. They are digging themselves out from the rubble. Rodgers is a petulant, narcissistic, high-maintenance diva, but he’s also—as of 1:15 pm tomorrow—the best QB to ever sign on to this godforsaken franchise. It’s the best of a tragic situation with a high likelihood of failure, but it also provides—far and away—the highest likelihood of success. 

Look. I get the excitement, but let's not do a victory lap just yet.  Rodgers is old by NFL QB standards.  We have no idea how good he is going to be in 2023 or beyond.  It's premature and presumptuous to proclaim him the best QB the Jets have ever had before he takes a snap.  The same could have been said in 2008 with Favre and that didn't end up well.  So let's pump the brakes a bit and see how the season turns out.  If Rodgers plays like he did last season, or worse (which is possible at his age), he will not be anywhere near the best QB in Jets history.  He could be average or be a conservative game manager and the Jets could still do well (like the Broncos with Manning at the end of his career), but it is not unreasonable to expect that Rodgers  won't be the same QB he was 10, 5 or even 2 years ago.  The QB room clearly got better, the Jets can move on from Wilson,  and the Jets now have a legitimate chance at a playoff berth.  This team could be the Rams of 2021 or the Bucs of 2020.  But NFL history is also filled with QBs who changed teams at the end of their careers and were completely finished.  I'm hoping for the former, but wouldn't be shocked if it's the latter.  

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In the early days of this site, Max and I had talked about putting together a roundtable format call-in show with a rotating group of hosts from the board and from Twitter, but we couldn’t get the logistics together. 

When I was doing my film reviews here, I had eventually planned on moving the segment to YouTube and kinda having a "vlogcast?" where it'd just be a podcast but on video.  Then life got in the way, and never could commit time to it.  A podcast would work too, but it's getting people on at the same time that fails logistically.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, football guy said:

Reading the past 24 hours of comments just reminds me how scarred we are as a fanbase lol

Indeed, folks are so nervous and uneasy that they don't want to believe anything positive about Rogers least they get their hopes up to high only to have them dashed on the history of failed Jets dreams...

This time things might be different and that is what is really scary.. 

46 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

If your crystal ball shows the Jets stun the world and win the next 3 Super Bowls in a row, who's our QB for Win #3? Your crystal ball shows Aaron Rogers as our QB for the first 2 wins, but then goes fuzzy after that. Fill in the blank!

Zach Wilson clear  as day 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TimeForLove said:

Not necessarily directly Rodgers related but wanted to throw my two cents in for you all as a Packers fan on a few of the others:

Mercedes Lewis is old, slow and doesn’t catch much. However he is going to be so so valuable opening up lanes for Hall and company and helping to protect Rodgers. He’s so, so good at blocking and he’ll get the occasional big catch though.

Lazard is just a solid overall receiver but I think he’s the best blocking receiver in football. He’ll add a lot. Rodgers trusts him and he’s never had a big drop issue. He doesn’t wow you, he’s just solid.

Cobb sucks. No sugarcoating that one. Cobb just sucks now.

Ground and pound 2.0 and getting tagged with Arod right uppercuts all day kind of offense.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, win4ever said:

When I was doing my film reviews here, I had eventually planned on moving the segment to YouTube and kinda having a "vlogcast?" where it'd just be a podcast but on video.  Then life got in the way, and never could commit time to it.  A podcast would work too, but it's getting people on at the same time that fails logistically.  

Just saying...

You would be legendary and would do a fantastic job!

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I have enjoyed podcasts so much.  I honestly want to start my own, and recently put together a high end gaming computer that can also handle the editing to put it at the level that I would like to present it at.  The last few logistics I’m trying to figure out are whether or not it would be Jets-centric, all encompassing for the NFL, or NY Sports-centric.  I still have the blog, but the idea of getting in front and out there just seems way more fun and creative, especially when I, honestly, think about how often I post here and talk football with people in real life too.

Besides writing good content and having delivery talent — Invest in a high end mic for good audio quality. Unsolicited advice — I’ve been involved in launching and production of podcasts in the past. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Just watched that NFLN total access panel where they take turns ripping on Rodgers to the Jets and what a sh*tshow of word salad. Mike Robinson: “You look at Tom Brady—he had the rings! I know Aaron has a ring but, uh, you know. And you look at Matt Stafford going to the Rams! He had a chip on his shoulder! Aaron Rodgers, uh, his stats was down!”

Those dudes are just mad they can't get the scoop.

Not going to lie, Rodgers is winning me over. He hates some of these talking heads. The Jets reporters better be walking on eggshells because they won't just be hearing it from fans any more when they talk smack about the team.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Woody Johnson’s Jets are pursuing Rodgers so aggressively that there’s clearly no plan B. No one else seems to be pursuing Rodgers at all. Some people are being dangerously glib about this whole situation, and it isn’t the ones warning it’ll be a disaster.

New band name "dangerously glib" i call it 

Season 3 Andy GIF by Parks and Recreation

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, TimeForLove said:

Not necessarily directly Rodgers related but wanted to throw my two cents in for you all as a Packers fan on a few of the others:

Mercedes Lewis is old, slow and doesn’t catch much. However he is going to be so so valuable opening up lanes for Hall and company and helping to protect Rodgers. He’s so, so good at blocking and he’ll get the occasional big catch though.

Lazard is just a solid overall receiver but I think he’s the best blocking receiver in football. He’ll add a lot. Rodgers trusts him and he’s never had a big drop issue. He doesn’t wow you, he’s just solid.

Add Ruckert to this group and crossing my fingers on Mekhi returning to his rookie form (or better).

1 hour ago, FootballLove said:

If your crystal ball shows the Jets stun the world and win the next 3 Super Bowls in a row, who's our QB for Win #3? Your crystal ball shows Aaron Rogers as our QB for the first 2 wins, but then goes fuzzy after that. Fill in the blank!

Sam Darnold & Geno Smith. Each play 2 quarters a game

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Just saying...

You would be legendary and would do a fantastic job!

It's just too much work to be honest.  Son is in pre-K now, so I end up having no energy these days.  I used to do those reviews from 11 pm to 3 am, and still function.  Yesterday, I almost went to sleep at 8 pm, and there was still light outside.  I turned into my parents, lol. 

Also moved to Atlanta recently, so I need to go out and prospect for real estate business, instead of staying home.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, TimeForLove said:

Lazard seems to be the only one worth the squeeze. 

hopefully anyone else we go after that’s tied to Rodgers has some juice left but the only desirable one I can think of is Jamal Williams. 

17 minutes ago, Vader said:

Besides writing good content and having delivery talent — Invest in a high end mic for good audio quality. Unsolicited advice — I’ve been involved in launching and production of podcasts in the past. 

Been looking at high end Blue Yeti mics.  Any other recommendations?

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It’s been a while since I was in that world (2018), but sennheiser iirc. I’ll take a look into and ask what’s good rn. Whatever your politics it’s one of the secrets at NPR…audio quality. So underrated. 

• Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Shure MV7X XLR. 

I'm an av dork.  One of best under 200. 

If you look at brand of mics used on various shows you'll see Shure on the mic.  Pretty sure Rogan, Boomer and Gio etc use Shure. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

6 hours ago, JiF4Lamar said:

You know, it's funny, if you recall, I created the "if you build it, they will come" thread regarding JD building a roster that would attract Russ or Rodgers and here we are but this all is just stinky right now.   Idk, I didnt envision getting bent over the in the process and JD essentially cowering to his every demand but, beggers cant be choosers.  W/ Lazard reportingly signed, I assume this is happening

JiFa-aron? JiFarod? JiFaronrod? 

@playtowinthegame

Here's a few more:

JiF Relax 

JiFSULLLLLL

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

Yeah, anything short of a MVP type season, and it'll be spun as a mistake.  The Jets beat basically rips them anyway, because that is what sells.  Create controversy, then sit back and watch people go nuts over it because reporters are still seen as journalists, instead of reality tv producers.  Look at Maycock, master draft extraordinaire reporter, complete idiot of a drafter.  I think that's why a lot of the good organizations are very keen on keeping news in-house, because then they can control the narrative.  Unfortunately, the Jets are trying that while sucking on the field, so they get jokes on jokes. 

Every year, reports like "Last year's Day 1 free agency winners, didn't get good deals, most sucked" yet every night after Day I "Here are the winners and losers on Day 1".  

To be honest, I hate most of the NY media.  I rather listen to podcasts or fan blogs that discuss issues instead of creating them.  

Hughes already started beating the drum and lying about players in the Jets locker room not appreciating how long its taking.