Aaron Rodgers to the Jets rumor: Merged

1 minute ago, JETS SB said:

It’s funny how the world and even many in this forum were destroying Aaron Rodgers for not making a decision and delaying things and being a diva, while all along, he decided to come to the Jets last week and it’s been the compensation that’s held it up. I honestly don’t see what everyone’s problem is with this guy. He’s a free thinker and a little crazy sometimes, but he’s is calm, collected, doesn’t like the media, teammates love him and is an all time great. What’s wrong with that?

The reactions to him are the typical lunacy you see every day.

Armchair psychologists and thought police, all painfully unaware of how foolish they make themselves look when they do.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Another interesting piece of this: Rodgers has four relatively small cap hits the nest four years: $16mm, $32mm, $30mm, and $30mm. Obviously, the last two will hit when Rodgers is already gone, so it’s safe to presume that Douglas will need a cheap rookie QB succession plan to help defray the positional spend two years from now, which probably means Zach is going to be on the block sooner rather than later, because they’re not spending ~$50 mil against the cap (Rodgers’ dead money + Zach’s extension) to hope Zach has it figured out in 2025.

Depends on Zach ... if he eats humble pie and gets a cheap extension ... could happen.

1 minute ago, y2k8 said:

Listening to this podcast now.

Wingo also said he was told "the deal is on the one-inch line" and "Rodgers plans to be in NY next week."

But but poliserro said this afternoon it could take months and Judi Batista said while he wants to play for the jets there is no deal.

nfl network and espn congrats, you are now in the same category as cnn and foxnews

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Depends on Zach ... if he eats humble pie and gets a cheap extension ... could happen.

That would be inadvisable for him, though. If I were his agent, I’d be doing everything I can to get him to the Rams or Niners as fast as I could

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

That would be inadvisable for him, though. If I were his agent, I’d be doing everything I can to get him to the Rams or Niners as fast as I could

I can’t imagine the Rams have any interest in him given that MLF is their new OC. Maybe the niners but they just signed Darnold. It wouldn’t shock me if there is legit zero interest in him around the league.  

• Upvote 3

Just now, RedBeardedSavage said:

Forget everything else for a moment.

If Rodgers is truly motivated with genuine buy-in because of a change of scenery into a massive market combined with his egomaniacal desire to stick-it to the "those that have slighted him"... then we could be a really good football team.

The outcome of the 2023 season will be written largely by one thing.

Health.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I don’t even think Zach Wilson’s problem is humility. 

I think he was a raw prospect who needed to learn how to play QB, and never did, but not from lack of effort.

He just wasn’t ready and his brain and confidence are completely shot right now. 

The problem is once its mental, that’s more times than not…the nail in the coffin for an athlete. But we’ll see since he has his Hulk Hogan, Jesus Christ, John Lennon, Yoda, Dirty Harry, Ghandi, idol in the same locker room.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2

It's not about whether GB or the jets have the leverage.

Rodgers does and always has had all the leverage. It's just like Derek Carr.

All that today was, was rodgers showing his hand and calling the packers bluff and telling them he's serious and to get on with it after JD stood pat on compensation.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I can’t imagine the Rams have any interest in him given that MLF is their new OC. Maybe the niners but they just signed Darnold. It wouldn’t shock me if there is legit zero interest in him around the league.  

We need to keep him. He has talent. Just needs Eye of the Tiger. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I don’t even think Zach Wilson’s problem is humility. 

I think he was a raw prospect who needed to learn how to play QB, and never did, but not from lack of effort.

He just wasn’t ready and his brain and confidence are completely shot right now. 

The problem is once its mental, that’s more times than not…the nail in the coffin for an athlete. But we’ll see since he has his Hulk Hogan, Jesus Christ, John Lennon, Yoda, Dirty Harry, Ghandi, idol in the same locker room.

this is a great post, thank you. I am excited to see how Zach can improve with Aaron and Hackett running the show. I will also be ok with cutting the cord, if it doesn't go anywhere.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

True.  

I’d be so pissed to see him kill it somewhere else though.  

His mentor sat behind Joe Montana and resigned when literally nobody thought he would.   So I’m hoping he’s a good soldier and gets there.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this is a great post, thank you. I am excited to see how Zach can improve with Aaron and Hackett running the show. I will also be ok with cutting the cord, if it doesn't go anywhere.

@Adoni Beast

The hope to me is he wasn’t mentally shot but following the coaches new flavor of the week every week last year.   Too much back peddling one week to not a half step back the next.  

• Upvote 1