The Jets have signed OL Cedric Ogbuehi.

The Jets have signed OL Cedric Ogbuehi.

Ogbuehi (6-5, 310) played seven games with the Jets last season and started five. He took 287 snaps on offense and 19 on special teams. Ogbuehi signed with the Jets Sept. 27 from the Texans practice squad. He was originally a first-round pick out of Texas A&M in 2015 and played with the Bengals his first four seasons in the NFL before stints with the Jaguars (2019) and Seahawks (2021) and Ravens (2021). He's started in 35 of the 67 games he's played in.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I honestly do not recall this guy from last year at all.  How good or terrible was he?

He was fine as a spot starter which is pretty much all you can ask for out of a backup ol. Only allowed 1 sack which isn’t terrible. 

4B8079B8-0169-45E1-B7E7-90A2DDE2E998.png

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 2

3 minutes ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Played in 7 and started 5. That you don't know his name is probably good since otherwise it would have been mentioning that his guy sacked the QB or stuffed the run.

I know his name, know he was with us last year, simply do not recall him starting or how he played.  I was too busy refuting the legion of mike white fans that thought he was the answer and our starter for this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I honestly do not recall this guy from last year at all.  How good or terrible was he?

He was thrown into the action after we signed him off the street due to injury.  This signing, and all the talk of first round OTs and the potential for Becton 5th year option got me thinking.  Could there be a trade market for Becton?  Add a first round OT, have Ogbuehi and Mitchell as depth. 

What could you get for Becton with two years left on a rookie deal.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Lith said:

He was thrown into the action after we signed him off the street due to injury.  This signing, and all the talk of first round OTs and the potential for Becton 5th year option got me thinking.  Could there be a trade market for Becton?  Add a first round OT, have Ogbuehi and Mitchell as depth. 

What could you get for Becton with two years left on a rookie deal.

I doubt you could get more than a 5th at this point but I’d honestly be fine with that.

Dude hasn’t played in two years and has displayed plenty of immaturity and Kleenex skin during that span.

If he can be moved and bring us back a young, cheap depth piece at the end of the month to add to the DL, LB corps, interior OL, etc then I’m okay with it.

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Not that is some major move but the Jets aren’t going OT at 13. Unless they trade Becton. 

Letting the presence of Becton have any effect on what you do in the draft is a monumental mistake.  Becton should be looked at like Max Mitchell, nice if he does anything but not counting on it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

Not that is some major move but the Jets aren’t going OT at 13. Unless they trade Becton. 

I used to think this way too, but now I lean towards LT. Becton is on the last year if his deal and very unreliable, brown is old as dirt. 

I can totally see Rookie LT, Tomlinson, Vet C or rookie, AVT, Becton

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Letting the presence of Becton have any effect on what you do in the draft is a monumental mistake.  Becton should be looked at like Max Mitchell, nice if he does anything but not counting on it.

I get it. None of the other tackles are really tradable. My point is we would have way too many tackles on the roster, especially if we took one at 13. And with a two-year Window, I don’t see us taking somebody at 13 that possibly won’t play much at all his rookie year. If we traded Becton though, it’s possible that the rookie could start at right tackle.

5 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

I get it. None of the other tackles are really tradable. My point is we would have way too many tackles on the roster, especially if we took one at 13. And with a two-year Window, I don’t see us taking somebody at 13 that possibly won’t play much at all his rookie year. If we traded Becton though, it’s possible that the rookie could start at right tackle.

Becton is only on the team 1 more year, most likely, and in 2023 who knows how many games he’s playing anyway.  The guy they draft at 13 will be envisioned at the long term LT, with brown gone after 2023 and if becton by some chance proves himself and stays healthy he’s still the RT along with mitchell.  

8 minutes ago, LockeJET said:

If the Jets take a tackle at 13 he’s going to start. 

• Upvote 1