Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

1 minute ago, Dcronin said:

We were absolutely brutally fleeced, IMO. Horrible we had to give up so much. I'm in shock. He's a 40 year old corpse who is also a beligerent a-hole, but YES! I am legit happy to see some competence behind center. Happy to no longer watch Zach Wilson. Can we trade him?

He's 39 and completely healthy. I'm a bills fan and I'm telling you with your wrs and a good draft you're legit super bowl contenders

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So much for "Jets had all the leverage, GB will take what we give them", because that comp is alot.

1. We move down in the first in 2023 from 13 to 15
2. We lose a 2023 2nd Rounder
3. We lose a 2023 6th Rounder
4. We lose a 2024 1st Rounder (lets be honest, unless he gets hurt early in the year, he easily plays 65% in 2023)

1. We gain Aaron Rodgers.
2. We gain a 2023 5th

So much for the "no first rounders" narrative, and "it should be cheap, because leverage" narrative, this is a pretty huge price to pay for a likely 1-year rental @ $50 million+ in salary per season for the next several seasons, cap space wise.

We now have 1 pick in the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th and 6th to work with, draft wise.

Man, we sure better hope all these risky moves pay off, or it's going to be one rough couple years from 2024 onwards.

It was basically E Moore +3rd , a pick swap in the first and a 1st next year (that’s valued as a round later as per year later the round goes down so a 2nd) 

Moore, 2 picks later in the 1st, 3rd, and a 2nd. 

that’s really not bad. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Not having a first rounder next year without a viable future at QB, stinks. If he only plays one season and retires the Jets are hosed at QB. Anything less than the Super Bowl this season would be a failure. Jobs are now officially on the line. 

Am I the only one taking it as 65% of next seasons snaps and the 2 becomes a 1?

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

It could cost them a stud OT whose job is protecting AR from getting destroyed when he drops back to pass

I mean they could have at least waited to see who was on the board at #13

JD blinked first

There’s apparently no protection for Jets in case Rodgers retires a year from now

• Upvote 1

This is the trade is have that has been thrown out there all off season besides Davis not being involved. I'm not sure why this is a shock to some. The dude won 2 of the last 3 MVP's and if traded last offseason he would've went for 2-3 first rd picks. 

If he plays in 2024 this is a gigantic win for the Jets, otherwise this is a win win situation for both teams IMO. The Packers fans will be irate. 

It'll be interesting to see what the Packers are doing financially, they may have paid for the higher pick next year. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

20 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Gave up more than I wanted.

With that said, I'm glad this is done.

Wish that 2nd couldn't become a 1st next year but I think that's exactly what the Packers wanted.  If they're giving up a starting QB who plays 2/3 of snaps for another team then they want a 1st round pick.

Oh well.  We move on.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BurntDice said:

It was basically E Moore +3rd , a pick swap in the first and a 1st next year (that’s valued as a round later as per year later the round goes down so a 2nd) 

Moore, 2 picks later in the 1st, 3rd, and a 2nd. 

that’s really not bad. 

I don't think it's that bad, but it certainly is not that good either.  The conditions on a 2024 1st sound ridiculously easy and no give back when he retires in December? 

2 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

To be fair if this trade was announced back on Feb 27th JN would have a collective orgasm.  Think the longer this drug out the more confident we were it would favor our side

This was pretty much the trade we all wanted..a conditional  2nd next year. 

No idea why so many here are whining. How much did you expect the packers to cave. If Rodgers gets hurt they never get a 1st for him. Now packers have to for Rodgers to stay healthy all year. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Don’t love that the condition to next year’s first is only 65% of the plays

But want to first see if GB ate any dead cap space and/or if Rodgers restructures before grading the trade.

The money side of this trade is a important piece to have, not just the draft compensation.  If GB is eating sizeable salary/gteed $, that's worth some of what JD gave up...

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1