New here

6 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Scale of 1-10, how much regret do you have for signing up yet?  

4 hours ago, Jdeet said:

Hey guys. I get it that I opened up something, by admitting I am a former NFL player. I would just rather be a fan here. Since I am sharing opinions and some stuff that others might not have access to, I would rather not reveal who I am. I have followed this forum for many years and always hesitated to comment. The last thing I want is to portray myself as a “know it all”, insider.  I am not. I can share some things regarding being a player and that type of POV. And yeah I know a few guys on the coaching staff and roster and can share what I know without sacrificing confidential information, but some of you guys seem to have more info than I do. ?

Some quick things and then I will hope to just be another fan here:

I played offense, but never played for the Jets.        

I was born and live in Connecticut.  

I go to 5-6 games per year. 

I have met several people in this forum personally at Jets games. 

(One of the least spoken facts about NFL players is, every one of us has a team we rooted for when we were younger. Only a select few, get to play for our favorite teams. While playing, it’s fun watching other guys on the team, playing against their favorite childhood teams. Some guys end up changing their fandom to the team they played for, after they retire. Some go back to their childhood teams. That is me. I am a glutton for punishment. ?

And this should be a fun one - I am not the only NFL player who has recently posted in this forum. ?

Seriously, I do appreciate the welcome I have received. And the humor is great. I can see this is a pretty close community of long time posters and Jets fans. Jets fans are amazingly knowledgeable and obviously passionate. This will hopefully be a fun season.  

So like a 4 out 10?  Not bad.  

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

Cool.

Still, some folks won't give up guessing or trying to figure it out.  Just human nature, everyone loves a good mystery/puzzle.....

.....So lets see, 30 years old means drafted/entered the league somewhere around the 2012 (Age ~20) - 2015 (Age ~23) drafts most likely, give or take.

Offense eliminates half the draft give or take.

Born in CT is a huge piece.  As is coaches high school football.

And 'former' means not playing now in 2023, so out of the league by 2022 or earlier (I get an earlier vibe).

So.....not Chad Pennington then. ?

Shame.  Still cool and all.  But a shame none-the-less.

More a shame that you couldn't say who you are for fear of what would happen.  That part sucks.  But that's the internet.

Reading comprehension  - he’s been a fan for 30 years not 30 yes old :-)

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

The NBA draft is a joke. It seems like whenever the Spurs need a player, they get one in the lottery. Hey, you need David Robbinson? No problem. You want Tim Duncan, you got him. How the Hell are the Spurs picking ahead of Detroit this season? That is the lottery. It is as crooked as anything you can name. 

The moment we all knew the NBA draft lottery was fixed: 

On 5/17/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jdeet please note the following:

1. Be sure to check in with @Gastineau Lives regarding any fashion advice
  2. @Pac will be PMing you shortly requesting action shots
  3. @Barry McCockinner is the JN treasurer, responsible for all salary cap and Bitcoin info
  4. @JiF and @The Crusher are lovers so be respectful when hitting on either of them
  5. @jgb is not a troll so no need to include him on your blocked list.  He is, however, a d**k.
  6. Please be sure to reach out to @kevinc855 to get on the YouTube video waitlist as well as @AFJF if you'd like to conduct a JN podcast interview
  7. For any questions about TEs reach out to @Paradis; but for questions about tight ends (and shirtless men), ask @joewilly12
  8. @bitonti, @FidelioJet and @Fidelio Bitonti are 3 different people; all of them are miserable so its easy to make that mistake
  9. JN Captaincy requests go to @T0mShane, but I'm pretty sure @Larz already has that locked up for 2023; Better luck in 2024!
  10. @faba has been retired for a decade but is still the best moderator we have; sorry in advance.
  11. If you're ever visiting the state of Iowa please check in with @HawkeyeJet and @Lith.  They share a duplex together somewhere near Des Moines.
  12. Don't listen to anything @Joe W. Namath says.  Ever.
  13. @JTJet will get mad if I don't include him here.  Hi JTJet!
  14. GFY

Welcome !   tenor.gif

On 5/17/2023 at 2:54 PM, Jdeet said:

Hi everyone. 30 year Jets fan. Never posted here before but I followed often when I want to hear the latest Jets fans opinions. Can’t really share who exactly I am, but I hope to chat with everyone in the future. 

You do a great job of providing Jets information and insights, prior to it becoming actual news. Some better than others. Honestly, I have seen some stories here which I find it incredible that you knew the details. Seems like there are some undercover true insiders here. 

I will share a few of my opinions and views so you can know me:

My favorite all time Jets player - Curtis Martin

My least favorite Jets player - Tim Tebow

My favorite current player - Sauce Gardner

My opinion of the Aaron Rodgers signing - Best trade acquisition in Jets history, not just the player but the presence will make the Jets a winner. Coach on the field. 

My opinion of the coach and GM - they will both be here for a while. Don’t love either, but the Jets will be in the playoffs this season and that buys them a few more years at least. 

My favorite poster in this forum - jetsfan80 - just by his knowledge, humor, and positive outlook for the team. I like football guy. I think I know him. I like the crusher. I am not sure if he is someone important here, but is funny as hell.  Jets sb has shared some amazing insights and seems really knowledgeable (shared a true story about Elijah Moore that I fact checked and it was true), but then he goes rogue, yelling at everyone and calling people names. What’s up with that ? 

Least favorite poster - I don’t know if I am allowed to say but if there is a way to block posters, I will block several for just being divisive. In other words, if the Jets win 35-7, these posters will be upset that we didn’t complete the shutout. Probably good guys but I am definitely on the positive side of Jets fandom. 

Thoughts on Zach Wilson  - One of the nicest kids that I have ever met as a Jet. His mistake last year, not taking responsibility for the Jets struggles, is not the man he is. I don’t think he will ever be a great NFL QB. Probably not even a good one, but he is talented and eventually could find a full time job in the NFL, but it does make me angry, the way the fans treated him. Just because he is one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen and wants so badly to succeed. No one in the clubhouse dislikes him. (No one in the current clubhouse, that is) Unfortunately being liked will not make him a great player. His issues are all mental. Physically, he is extremely talented. Personally don’t think he will ever make it here. Possibly somewhere else.  

2023 prediction - playoffs - lose in AFC Championship to Bengals

Family - 3 boys - All Jets and Mets fans 

Job - Former NFL player - currently coach HS football and baseball

Nice to meet you Jdeet, welcome. I look forward to your comments over the course of the season and hope your prediction is correct…..at the least.

On 5/17/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jdeet please note the following:

1. Be sure to check in with @Gastineau Lives regarding any fashion advice
  2. @Pac will be PMing you shortly requesting action shots
  3. @Barry McCockinner is the JN treasurer, responsible for all salary cap and Bitcoin info
  4. @JiF and @The Crusher are lovers so be respectful when hitting on either of them
  5. @jgb is not a troll so no need to include him on your blocked list.  He is, however, a d**k.
  6. Please be sure to reach out to @kevinc855 to get on the YouTube video waitlist as well as @AFJF if you'd like to conduct a JN podcast interview
  7. For any questions about TEs reach out to @Paradis; but for questions about tight ends (and shirtless men), ask @joewilly12
  8. @bitonti, @FidelioJet and @Fidelio Bitonti are 3 different people; all of them are miserable so its easy to make that mistake
  9. JN Captaincy requests go to @T0mShane, but I'm pretty sure @Larz already has that locked up for 2023; Better luck in 2024!
  10. @faba has been retired for a decade but is still the best moderator we have; sorry in advance.
  11. If you're ever visiting the state of Iowa please check in with @HawkeyeJet and @Lith.  They share a duplex together somewhere near Des Moines.
  12. Don't listen to anything @Joe W. Namath says.  Ever.
  13. @JTJet will get mad if I don't include him here.  Hi JTJet!
  14. GFY

This is amazing, well done.

• Post of the Week 1

On 5/17/2023 at 3:54 PM, Jdeet said:

Hi everyone. 30 year Jets fan. Never posted here before but I followed often when I want to hear the latest Jets fans opinions. Can’t really share who exactly I am, but I hope to chat with everyone in the future. 

You do a great job of providing Jets information and insights, prior to it becoming actual news. Some better than others. Honestly, I have seen some stories here which I find it incredible that you knew the details. Seems like there are some undercover true insiders here. 

I will share a few of my opinions and views so you can know me:

My favorite all time Jets player - Curtis Martin

My least favorite Jets player - Tim Tebow

My favorite current player - Sauce Gardner

My opinion of the Aaron Rodgers signing - Best trade acquisition in Jets history, not just the player but the presence will make the Jets a winner. Coach on the field. 

My opinion of the coach and GM - they will both be here for a while. Don’t love either, but the Jets will be in the playoffs this season and that buys them a few more years at least. 

My favorite poster in this forum - jetsfan80 - just by his knowledge, humor, and positive outlook for the team. I like football guy. I think I know him. I like the crusher. I am not sure if he is someone important here, but is funny as hell.  Jets sb has shared some amazing insights and seems really knowledgeable (shared a true story about Elijah Moore that I fact checked and it was true), but then he goes rogue, yelling at everyone and calling people names. What’s up with that ? 

Least favorite poster - I don’t know if I am allowed to say but if there is a way to block posters, I will block several for just being divisive. In other words, if the Jets win 35-7, these posters will be upset that we didn’t complete the shutout. Probably good guys but I am definitely on the positive side of Jets fandom. 

Thoughts on Zach Wilson  - One of the nicest kids that I have ever met as a Jet. His mistake last year, not taking responsibility for the Jets struggles, is not the man he is. I don’t think he will ever be a great NFL QB. Probably not even a good one, but he is talented and eventually could find a full time job in the NFL, but it does make me angry, the way the fans treated him. Just because he is one of the hardest working kids I have ever seen and wants so badly to succeed. No one in the clubhouse dislikes him. (No one in the current clubhouse, that is) Unfortunately being liked will not make him a great player. His issues are all mental. Physically, he is extremely talented. Personally don’t think he will ever make it here. Possibly somewhere else.  

2023 prediction - playoffs - lose in AFC Championship to Bengals

Family - 3 boys - All Jets and Mets fans 

Job - Former NFL player - currently coach HS football and baseball

It's very nice to make your acquaintance!  I don't think (or least I hope) that no one has any ill feelings towards Zach Wilson as a person.  For me, it all comes down to how in heaven did the Jets make the decision to draft him at #2 overall?

As I have said on this site recently, I am not interested in how the negotiation went down for Aaron Rodgers.  I want to know the details of how the Jets drafted Zach Wilson.  Who stood on the table for him?  Who stuck their neck out for him?  Who didn't want to pick him at #2? 

I want accountability!!  Even if no one gets fired over it; I want to know.  The Jets push their agenda on the fans, and I get it!  But Zach will turn out to be one of the top 3 worst draft picks of all time for this franchise.  The Jets could have traded down, and got a boat load of great players, then  jettisoned Sam Darnold (who I happened to want to keep), and went all in on Zach.  

I do agree with you that Zach has talent.  But talent alone does not make you a #2 draft pick overall.  There are other factors, and I feel that they were not weighed in the equation.  The guy can't even make the quick 6 yard throw at the line without throwing it into the dirt 30% of the time.  

I am a huge Jets and Mets fan as well.  55 years as a Jets fan ( I was at the AFC Championship game in 1969 when the Jets beat the Raiders), and have seen many playoff and Wold Series games when the Mets were in it in 1969 and 1973.  My son is a big Mets fan, but I somehow screwed up, and he is also a Giants fan unfortunately.  lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Alka said:

It's very nice to make your acquaintance!  I don't think (or least I hope) that no one has any ill feelings towards Zach Wilson as a person.  For me, it all comes down to how in heaven did the Jets make the decision to draft him at #2 overall?

As I have said on this site recently, I am not interested in how the negotiation went down for Aaron Rodgers.  I want to know the details of how the Jets drafted Zach Wilson.  Who stood on the table for him?  Who stuck their neck out for him?  Who didn't want to pick him at #2? 

I want accountability!!  Even if no one gets fired over it; I want to know.  The Jets push their agenda on the fans, and I get it!  But Zach will turn out to be one of the top 3 worst draft picks of all time for this franchise.  The Jets could have traded down, and got a boat load of great players, then  jettisoned Sam Darnold (who I happened to want to keep), and went all in on Zach.  

I do agree with you that Zach has talent.  But talent alone does not make you a #2 draft pick overall.  There are other factors, and I feel that they were not weighed in the equation.  The guy can't even make the quick 6 yard throw at the line without throwing it into the dirt 30% of the time.  

I am a huge Jets and Mets fan as well.  55 years as a Jets fan ( I was at the AFC Championship game in 1969 when the Jets beat the Raiders), and have seen many playoff and Wold Series games when the Mets were in it in 1969 and 1973.  My son is a big Mets fan, but I somehow screwed up, and he is also a Giants fan unfortunately.  lol

I don’t think this is new information, but everyone from the GM to the scouts to the coaches, wanted Zach. It wasn’t like it was a stretch. He was the consensus #2 pick on most teams boards. Some had Fields higher, but Zach was right there. It just didn’t work out. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I don’t think this is new information, but everyone from the GM to the scouts to the coaches, wanted Zach. It wasn’t like it was a stretch. He was the consensus #2 pick on most teams boards. Some had Fields higher, but Zach was right there. ## It just didn’t work out. ##

##  so far/to date ##      ;)

5 hours ago, Jdeet said:

I don’t think this is new information, but everyone from the GM to the scouts to the coaches, wanted Zach. It wasn’t like it was a stretch. He was the consensus #2 pick on most teams boards. Some had Fields higher, but Zach was right there. It just didn’t work out. 

You know, yourself as a 30 year Jets fan, and myself as a 55 year Jets fan, it is beyond depressing.  Even if you are 100% correct, that most teams loved Zach Wilson, "How do you explain all the bad QB's that the Jets drafted over the years?"  It's obvious that I'm older than you, and I was elated watching the draft when Dan Marino fell to us later in the first round.  Then the Jets inexplicably took Ken O'brien over Marino.  And on and on and on it goes!!  And by the way, I liked Ken O'brien, I really did!  But come on!  You had Marino right there, staring you in the face, and they pick O'Brien.  

I am a very curious person by nature, probably more curious than the average person.  I would love to know who you are, but I do respect your privacy! As a past professional athlete, and a professional NFL player no less, I hope that you can give us your unique perspective on issues in the future.  I would love to know what team or teams you played for.  One thing I will surmise right now, and that is, you were not a player for the Patriots!  If you were, I somehow doubt that you would be a poster on this Jets board!  LOL