Jets bringing in Trevor Siemian

JetsFanatic

3 minutes ago, mudcat22 said:

But the goal should be to win and not worry who gets pissed off.

But I could see Rodgers on McAfee in 9 months saying "after they went out and signed Cousins and made the playoffs, I just couldn't see myself coming back to them"...diva stuff.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

The Jets aren’t spending a 1st round pick on a QB when Rodgers is coming back and the only OT’s under contract beyond this year are Max Mitchell and Carter Warren.

Just like when we passed on Mahomes cause we just drafted Hackenberg. Nonsense. Draft a QB every single year till you hit on one

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, C Mart said:

Aaron Wilson ⁦‪@AaronWilson_NFL‬⁩

#Jets brought in Trevor Siemian (signed to practice squad) and former Louisiana-Lafayette wide receiver Michael Jefferson for visits today.

9/26/23, 8:02 PM

We don't need another garbage QB. We don't need another WR who Wilson can not even get to because it takes 10 seconds to make it to his second option on his progressions. We need a QB who can actually throw the ball. If we were going to just throw away the season because Aaron got injured, we should have at least made sure we lost to Buffalo so that we could get Aaron's replacement in the draft.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Just like when we passed on Mahomes cause we just drafted Hackenberg. Nonsense. Draft a QB every single year till you hit on one

Draft a QB every year, sure, but it doesn’t have to be a 1st rounder.  Grab one in the middle rounds.

This endless cycle of taking a QB early, making him the unquestioned starter, him sucking and then holding on to hope for far too long just because he was a high pick needs to end.  

Let’s go with the veteran starter + midround projects route for a while.  Something, ANYTHING different at QB other than the all-eggs-in-one-sh*tty-basket approach we’ve been utilizing since the start of the Woody ownership. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ron Rico said:

Can anybody explain what it is that Carson Wentz said, or did, that makes him a blackballed pariah? 

He's reportedly a bad (or perhaps just very annoying) teammate, who doesn't connect well with young players.  The word here in DC was that he's a VERY extreme-religious over-the-top preachy kinda guy who alienates most of his teammates with his aloofness, arrogance and proselytizing.

And his play has deteriorated, and in D.C. was so poor, an undrafted Rudy-wannabe JAG like Taylor Heinicke outplayed him.

I have no doubt he's materially better than Zach Wilson, but there is also a reason he'd be on his fourth team in four years....if anyone signs him in 2023.  Something about him is definitely off-putting to NFL GM's.

1 hour ago, Maynard13 said:

It's a ploy. They bring in Seimien, who sucks as much as Zach, only to see him fall on his face and get to say, 'SEE, we were better off sticking with Zach'. 

Why can’t this just be a normal franchise that hires the right people, knows how to draft and develop QBs and wins football games?

You know, like the team Saleh will be facing on SNF….

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Draft a QB every year, sure, but it doesn’t have to be a 1st rounder.  Grab one in the middle rounds.

This endless cycle of taking a QB early, making him the unquestioned starter, him sucking and then holding on to hope for far too long just because he was a high pick needs to end.  

Let’s go with the veteran starter + midround projects route for a while.  Something, ANYTHING different at QB other than the all-eggs-in-one-sh*tty-basket approach we’ve been utilizing since the start of the Woody ownership. 

Something we agree on ... I have been saying since Sanchez ... draft a QB every damn year until you win the lottery.  IF you end up with two guys that can play ... that is a good thing.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Why can’t this just be a normal franchise that hires the right people, knows how to draft and develop QBs and wins football games?

You know, like the team Saleh will be facing on SNF….

Saleh will not be facing anything Sunday night ... Saleh's ass will be facing Andy Reid as he methodically tears him a new a$$hole.

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2023 at 7:42 PM, mudcat22 said:

I can't believe we are tanking after only 3 weeks.  Simean is just as bad as Wilson.  Before season I was guessing we would be 3-3 after first 6 tough games.  Is Simean the best JD could come up with?

Is this a rhetorical question?  I guess Pat Mahomes wasn't available... 🙄

On 9/26/2023 at 8:46 PM, Rep said:

We don't need another garbage QB. We don't need another WR who Wilson can not even get to because it takes 10 seconds to make it to his second option on his progressions. We need a QB who can actually throw the ball. If we were going to just throw away the season because Aaron got injured, we should have at least made sure we lost to Buffalo so that we could get Aaron's replacement in the draft.

We?  Define “we” here?