Rodgers: Jets fans are too negative

dbatesman

27 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Again.

This is entirely on Joe Douglas and Rodgers should be talking to him.

The fan base has ZERO patience left for Zach Wilson.  NONE.    There were boos even in that Buffalo game.  More fans than not hated this kid before he was even drafted. Zach should have been traded or cut this off-season.  It was obvious to just about anyone paying attention - except, it seems, Joe Douglas

Any other QB would have been given some time to work things out.  Not Zach, not here (not saying it's a bad things, just the reality)

I was almost certain he would be traded and was thoroughly shocked he wasn't.  And not because there wasn't a slight chance he turns it around somewhere else - but there was ZERO chance he could do it here.  

When it became clear he wasn't going to move Zach - is when I started to really understand that Joe Douglas is lost and doesn't have a pulse on the team, the league or the fan base.  The rest of the off-season spiraled from there.

What is this?  The James Farrior school of drafting?  Be patient with a player.  Develop them and don't expect any payoff until their contract is up?  

• Haha 3

What the team does not need are sideline confrontations. We don't really know what Garrett was saying to Zach but whatever it was Zach seemed confused by it. I mean if he was just talking about plays and coverages ok but it was much more intense than that. But it's starting to look like a repeat of 2022 again and seems like the players unhappy starting Zach. I'd go to Boyle on Sunday. I care more about losing Garrett than losing Zach. 

22 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Did you ever think this clown show is partly so because of all the negativity?

And to think, there is ALWAYS another option:

image.jpeg.b496350e96465daff7f43babb190ff2f.jpeg

Nope, sure don't.

Last I checked, the Giants play in NY, with lots of negativity in their history.  Didn't stop them from winning a SB every decade.  

This clown show is due to poor ownership.  Period.  If you have a good owner who hires good people, you'll succeed in difficult cities with difficult fanbases.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Your right he hasn’t but he is still right as well.

He's not right.

"Manifestation" isn't a real thing. It's up there with Santa Claus, Bigfoot, unicorns and God as fun things to fantasize about that have no evidence of actually existing. They're just things created to appeal to emotion. They aren't grounded in any kind of reality.

Zach doesn't suck because fans say he sucks. Fans say Zach sucks because Zach sucks. 

I know reality is hard for some, but it is what it is.

**** Rodgers!  I'll get behind him next year if he's the QB but for a guy who only made it 4 snaps in a Jets uniform, he has no right to criticize.  He may know what this fan base has been through but he doesn't know how it feels.  Every single year for the last decade plus of being irrelevant.  

So when they decide to trot Zippy out there like I'm a blind idiot who doesn't know what's happening it's like the organization is spitting in my face as a fan.  It's hard to be positive when there's so many glaring negatives with this organization.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Nope, sure don't.

Last I checked, the Giants play in NY, with lots of negativity in their history.  Didn't stop them from winning a SB every decade.  

This clown show is due to poor ownership.  Period.  If you have a good owner who hires good people, you'll succeed in difficult cities with difficult fanbases.

Jets fans would’ve ran Eli Manning out of town before he even had a chance. 

• Upvote 1

Good of him to say that but like all the players and coaches and gms before him he has been here for like a part of a year and feels patience is needed.  What they never realize is the last 12 coaches, gms starting QBs have said the same thing.

The jets have two modes, rebuilding and once rebuilt find some way to underachieve and fall on our asses.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

He's not right.

"Manifestation" isn't a real thing. It's up there with Santa Claus, Bigfoot, unicorns and God as fun things to fantasize about that have no evidence of actually existing. They're just things created to appeal to emotion. They aren't grounded in any kind of reality.

Zach doesn't suck because fans say he sucks. Fans say Zach sucks because Zach sucks. 

I know reality is hard for some, but it is what it is.

Santa Claus isn't real?  Where did all of those bicyles come from?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Jets fans would’ve ran Eli Manning out of town before he even had a chance. 

Giants fans did everything in their power to run Eli Manning out of town, dude.  He just didn't give a sh*t about the criticism, because he wasn't a soft baby like Darnold or Zach. 

And their org was competent enough to overcome Eli's deficiencies.  Again....goes back to ownership.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Biggs said:

Namath is an actual NY Icon who won a SB wearing the Jets uniform.  Rodgers got on the field in NY and ran off the field with a bobo on his foot.  Namath would have rubbed dirt on it and come back in on the next play.

This too. The nerve of this hippy dippy carpetbagger to lecture Joe ******* Namath about how he feels about the Jets. FOH

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I was all for the Zach Wilson 2 year "reset", but since this isn't happening now I'm ready to move on from everyone.

Saleh, JD, Zach, and Rodgers.

Counting down the days until we call Drake Maye a bust. 

LMAO

SERIOUSLY THOUGH 

I have this weird feeling we are going to end up with Maye 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, slimjasi said:

The point is rather obvious - 25 starts is plenty of time to “work things out” and show that you are worthy of remaining a starting QB. Zach has had plenty of time. 

I'm not sure why you guys are always so anxious to attack other posters without actually reading the posts.  

I don't disagree with you. Not sure what part of my post said otherwise.

What I was saying was a non-Zach back-up/starter would have had more time to get into the groove as a starter.  The fan base would have been more lenient - and given him time.

Zach had run out of time with the fan base.  That's not a good or bad thing - just a reality.  Joe Douglas needed to have recognized that and moved on from Zach this off-season.

• WTF? 1

26 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

He isn’t wrong.

I get why some don’t want to hear it because we been living this nightmare for 50+ years and he only has for 50 minutes but he is still right.

He's a mercenary duche bag who ripped the team he played for that paid him 450 million dollars to do it.  There is no NY Jets without Joe Namath.  He can go f himself.  Favre was sending dick pics when he played for the Jets and actually outplayed Rodgers and his positive vibes for the NY Jets.  

Namath is a God.  Rodgers is a fraud.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

But players don't care at all when the fans boo the team. Rodgers just doesn't know what it's like to be an NFL player.

Had you ever considered the fact that the NY Fans have been doing it so much the players have become hardened to it ?

Actually the fans have been manipulated by the NY News Media to such an extent that they have been exposed as a bunch of Clueless Lemmings. More on that in a future post.

2 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Had you ever considered the fact that the NY Fans have been doing it so much the players have become hardened to it ?

Actually the fans have been manipulated by the NY News Media to such an extent that they have been exposed as a bunch of Clueless Lemmins. More on that in a future post.

I wish to read more about the Lemmins.

• Haha 2