Denzel Freed At Last ??

Dunnie

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Hot garbage. Useless. Has so much talent but doesn’t have the drive nor motivation. 

You would think being cut a few times would give him extra motivation.  

I liked him when JD drafted him.  It's hard to tell who will keep working once they get a little paycheck.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Hot garbage. Useless. Has so much talent but doesn’t have the drive nor motivation. 

He has athletic talent but he doesn’t have football talent.

He’s the slowest sub 4.4 guy I have ever seen.  Has no idea how to use his speed, lacking elusiveness and technique.  

For a big guy, he doesn’t high point the ball and doesn’t have great (soft) hands.  His route running is so poor and lazy, he constantly fails to gain inside leverage to even utilize that size.

His football IQ is incredibly poor.

Mims is a BAD football player who got by in college on his athletic talent.  

Horrible evaluation by NFL and Jets scouts.  Destined to bust in the league, only drafted because of physical gifts.  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

I think his talent was pretty overstated. No amount of work rate was ever gonna get him separating in the NFL. The 40 time never showed up.

I'll tell you what though IJ, Pittsburgh puts a premium on big WRs who can block and that's the one thing he was the best at while he was here. I like the kid, it's too bad for our wide receiver corps that they are stuck for another year of the worst pro QB in the sport being the one throwing 100 MPH passes over their heads from 5 yards away or even worse, not even LOOKING at wide open TD opportunities.  I really can't stand that Zach Wilson has to be the team that I follow's QB. It sucks because HE sucks 

• Upvote 2

the worst part of the Denzel Mims draft pick is that the Eagles took Jalen Hurts in the 10 picks when the Jets traded down 

this "tankathon" idea that a team has to lose all their games to get a QB is hogwash 

you can find a great QB anywhere you just have to not have a terrible scouting department 

the kind that thinks Denzel Mims is good or Elijah Moore has character 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the worst part of the Denzel Mims draft pick is that the Eagles took Jalen Hurts in the 10 picks when the Jets traded down 

this "tankathon" idea that a team has to lose all their games to get a QB is hogwash 

you can find a great QB anywhere you just have to not have a terrible scouting department 

Couldn't agree more.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, OtherwiseHappyinLife said:

Horrible evaluation by NFL and Jets scouts.  Destined to bust in the league, only drafted because of physical gifts.  

This is it, and there a bunch of guys that JD drafted that you can say this about.

We need a change. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I guess every NFL team has terrible scouting departments, given there are about 10 difference makers at the position and 32 teams in the league.  

Was anyone screaming for Jalen Hurts here?  Not that I remember.  BUT....if you scream often enough about taking every QB prospect, sooner or later you hit on one.  But just imagine if you actually were a GM using up all those picks on every one of those QB prospects.  My guess?  You wouldn't be a GM long.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Had such high hoped for this guy.

I thought maybe he would be our next Rob Moore, a solid #2 or #3 receiver. Shame.

The guy who we took in the 1990 supplemental draft, causing us to forfeit our 1991 #1 pick that we likely would've used to draft Brett Favre?

31 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The guy who we took in the 1990 supplemental draft, causing us to forfeit our 1991 #1 pick that we likely would've used to draft Brett Favre?

Yup. Not saying that was worth the investment lol and it certainly was no fault of Rob Moore.

But I liked both Rob Moore and Terance Mathis a lot and feel they are underrated in Jets lore.

Also let's be honest. Brett Favre most likely would have been terrible if we drafted him. He had a great roster and a soon-to-be hall of fame head coach in Green Bay.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yup. Not saying that was worth the investment lol and it certainly was no fault of Rob Moore.

But I liked both Rob Moore and Terance Mathis a lot and feel they are underrated in Jets lore.

Also let's be honest. Brett Favre most likely would have been terrible if we drafted him. He had a great roster and a soon-to-be hall of fame head coach in Green Bay.

After re-reading my post, it kind of sounds like an attack on what you wrote (you praised Rob Moore while I was talking about how it cost us Favre), which was not my intention. I just like to laugh at our misfortune since laughter is about all we've got, considering this team's history.

I agree with Moore he was a solid player, as was Terrance Mathis, though both kind of flourished elsewhere.  I'll add Jeff Blake to the "flourished elsewhere" list.

53 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

After re-reading my post, it kind of sounds like an attack on what you wrote (you praised Rob Moore while I was talking about how it cost us Favre), which was not my intention. I just like to laugh at our misfortune since laughter is about all we've got, considering this team's history.

I agree with Moore he was a solid player, as was Terrance Mathis, though both kind of flourished elsewhere.  I'll add Jeff Blake to the "flourished elsewhere" list.

No snowflake here my man. Didn’t feel attacked but appreciate it.

Mathis was a beast in Atlanta for a few years. Moore improved in Arizona. Blake…didnt he start for Cincy under Shula’s son for a bit?

• Upvote 1