### Jets vs Chargers - The Official Game Thread ###

Maxman

13 minutes ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

Image sucks but you can see Gibson running WIDE open across the middle. The only DB with eyes on him was 12 yards away. Wilson just dirts it with 1-2 more seconds to throw.

78C207EC-C03F-475F-94A3-1A338AAFAA5A.jpeg

It’s a designed screen pass, this is not one to kill Wilson on he made the right play based on the play call and the way the play develops.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Me as well.  I have never liked Wilson, and I am absolutely tired of every thread being hijacked.  But we know this kid just doesn't have it.  You can't be good for only 5-6 plays every game.  

If by some miracle Aaron can come back, we would still need to win about 6 more games.  Would it hurt to try and see if Tim Boyle could do anything?  Is he going to be worse?

Bring Boyle in. Maybe after Lizard has a ball bounce off his hands, Boyle slams him.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Not saying that. I'm on your side with Zack. 

But they aren't benching Zack. The least they can do is take Lazard out. All he does is drop passes and commit penalties.

Why not?  They did it last year.  He’s directly costing us games.  Time to hold him accountable.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, MR.GANGGREEN28 said:

It’s a poorly designed screen, they showed pass pro and then Mekhi and Laken pulled late. Either Zach dirted the ball with an open guy downfield or it’s a sh*tty play design where the decoys downfield should be reads downfield. Tend to believe it’s the latter because Gibson wasn’t really looking back.

sh*tty play design friend 

Gipson was going to block

Hackett is horrible man

• Upvote 1

I sold all my Zach stock after the Pats game then the Chiefs game tricked me into thinking maybe he can play. I'm done being tricked. Too much sample size. Too many 3 and outs. Too many punts. Too many FGs. Not enough TDs. Stop with the bullsh*t "but he throws 0 interceptions!"

Enough is enough.

I. AM. OUT.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

But they aren't benching Zack. The least they can do is take Lazard out. All he does is drop passes and commit penalties.

So, hold one guy accountable, but not the other? I hope they do. He’ll lost the locker room instantly.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Hael said:

I hate to say it, but Hackett has to change his offense.  It's meant for a qb like Rogers who understands tempo and how to read defenses and check out of plays.  However you have to adapt with what you've got.  This team needs to be a run first team! 

With this patched up O-line, I doubt thst’s possible.  With no QB that can burn them, they’ll just stack the box.

Just now, sourceworx said:

I wish we could see Brownlee, who had chemistry with Zach. I don’t understand this team at all. Their record is due to luck overcoming the terrible aspects of the team that drag the team down. Defense and special teams have been incredible and I don’t see any bad decision their. The offense is littered with bad decisions from who plays to playing to strengths and performance. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FactsOnly said:

sh*tty play design friend 

Gipson was going to block

Hackett is horrible man

you're not going to survive this campaign of ignorance. You know that, right?

You'll never live it down. We're talking changing zip codes. Minimum.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, LockeJET said:

Three points against the worst  passing offense in the entire NFL. 

Everyone wanted them to let Zach rip it, go hurry up, play tempo, yadayada....well, here you have it.  81 yards on 23 attempts, 3.5 ypc, w/ a fumble loss.  Meanwhile, Hall is averaging 4 ypc w/ 9 carries.  It makes no sense, Zach sucks.

• Upvote 2

The frustrating part is our defense is good enough to overcome a pick here and there. Yet, we take zero chances and just dink and dunk and play safe and wait until the defense knows you're gonna throw to take any kind of shot. Open up, let Zach chuck it and live with the result. If he fails....great you just confirmed not to pick up his option. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Whether lord Aaron likes it or not, that first rounder now has to be considered for a qb to groom behind him.  Wilson is as good as gone now.  

Draft the best available QB on the board with the 1st pick every year until we hit . F it , why not at this point. ?

Just now, JiF said:

Everyone wanted them to let Zach rip it, go hurry up, play tempo, yadayada....well, here you have it.  81 yards on 23 attempts, 3.5 ypc, w/ a fumble loss.  Meanwhile, Hall is averaging 4 ypc w/ 9 carries.  It makes no sense, Zach sucks.

Doesn’t matter.  It’s still just a pig