<<<<<<< Jets vs Raiders -- The Official Game Thread >>>>>>>

Maxman

1 minute ago, Rangers9 said:

Raiders made better adjustments in 2nd half. Jets O was flat until end of game. Looked like Zach pick could have been negated if Lazard had made a play. 

No the Lazard play was on Zach he never looked off the Receiver and Spillaine read it all the way. No way to even spin this and blame Lazard who never saw the guy 

• Upvote 3

Why don’t we try to get the ball to Hall in space?

Why no RPO?

Why would you ever throw the ball to Lazard?

Why does our D sometimes look totally overmatched in the run game?

Why did Hackett curl up in a ball with a 9-3 lead rather than put pressure on a Raider’s D that hadn’t stopped the Jets O?

Why does our Offense consistently commit bonehead penalties on crucial plays?

Why do our cover teams fail us at crucial times of the game?

Why are our WRs and TEs unaware that when you wrap your arms around a defender like you are hugging him, you will be called for holding?

Why doesn’t Saleh understand how to call a Timeout?

Why do i remain a fan of this “gang that can’t shoot straight” perpetual butt the joke team?

People wanna kill Zach fine. QB gets all the glory and gets all the blame. They are putrid right now. Gotta to find a way to score TD’s. 

The OL stinks. The penalties are a joke right now, The WR’s not named Garett Wilson sucks, and Zach, while I thought was ok tonight, still not good enough. 

Looks like Rangers hockey from here on out

• Upvote 1

The finger from many fans here will continue to be pointed at ZW..but smart football fans know this loss isn’t just on him.  Our OL is weak, we don’t have any semblance of a WR2..and the play calling from our OC is very questionable.

But, have at it..ZW haters.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh STFU. Everyone in the stadium knew whe where that ball was going. 

Lazard sat down in the middle of the field!  You come back to the ball!  Even a Pop Warner player knows that.  Yes, the LB saw what Lazard did all game and made a play. But that was all on Lazard, not ZW.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, ausman said:

Just what I said and got pilloried by the morons here.  ZW is not a good QB, but he played well enough to win.  He didn’t hold on the TD. He didn’t drop passes.  But Lazard especially gave up on a TD route.  He failed to come back to the ball on the INT.  Garrett who otherwise was great, failed to pull in a TD pass that hit him in the hands and flubbed a flea flicker pass that also would’ve been a TD.  And penalties!  Geez.

Still gotta get in end zone. End of story. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Is it weird that I feel like this is Zach Wilson’s third best game as a Jet? First was the comeback against the Steelers, second was the Titans game as a rookie, and then this one. I pin this loss on the Raiders having that new coach juju and the Jets being on the cusp of an injury/fatigue-related spiral. Both Breece and Garrett look like they could use a month locked in a hyperbaric chamber. 

con·trar·i·an: opposing or rejecting popular opinion; going against current practice.

"the comment came more from a contrarian disposition than moral conviction"

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

I said it last week and I'll say it again.  The OFFENSE is NOT good.  And Zach is not good enough to lift them up through all the penalties and dropped balls and 2 freaking yards a carry against the worst run D in football.

An average middle of the pack QB is NOT making this offense look good.

I'm sick of all the posts treating Zach like a pinata when there is plenty of beatings that need to go around.

If Zach doesn't throw that ball to Lazard where it got picked, he takes a sack and ya'll are beating him up for that.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  That's the point.

Can we please admit this offense stinks?  Instead of just beating a dead horse that Zach is somehow worse than every QB that's ever lived?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Greg555 said:

The finger from many fans here will continue to be pointed at ZW..but smart football fans know this loss isn’t just on him.  Our OL is weak, we don’t have any semblance of a WR2..and the play calling from our OC is very questionable.

I’m just gonna paste this post all week:

You loser Zach apologists will make every excuse in the book this week.

The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I’m just gonna paste this post all week:

You loser Zach apologists will make every excuse in the book this week.

The truth of the matter:

* Still no TDs since the Giants game, and nearly 50 straight possessions starting in our own territory without a TD

* Can’t assume we’d automatically have gotten a TD or 2 if not for the refs

* Another awful statline tonight (23-39, 59 %, 263 yds, inexcusable INT, fumble)

* 4-5 (you guys want to credit him with the Ws have to eat the Ls too)

You do understand that football is a team sport?

• More Ugh 1

Most posters of this board don’t know the first thing about the sport. They want everyone fired, everyone cut.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Just now, rtnelson said:

I said it last week and I'll say it again.  The OFFENSE is NOT good.  And Zach is not good enough to lift them up through all the penalties and dropped balls.

An average middle of the pack QB is NOT making this offense look good.

I'm sick of all the posts treating Zach like a pinata when there is plenty of beatings that need to go around.

If Zach doesn't throw that ball to Lazard where it got picked, he takes a sack and ya'll are beating him up for that.  Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.  That's the point.

you can throw the ball out of bounds - but I guess you never heard of it because with Wilson its only Sack, Fumble or Int

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

Just what I said and got pilloried by the morons here.  ZW is not a good QB, but he played well enough to win.  He didn’t hold on the TD. He didn’t drop passes.  But Lazard especially gave up on a TD route.  He failed to come back to the ball on the INT.  Garrett who otherwise was great, failed to pull in a TD pass that hit him in the hands and flubbed a flea flicker pass that also would’ve been a TD.  And penalties!  Geez.

Just because he played better than his usual worst in the NFL self, doesn’t mean that statement is true. Certainly isn’t all on him, but he is just as bad if not worse than anyone else on team. He certainly never won a game for the jets. Which is what you see almost all qbs do for their team time to time. Be the deciding factor in a win. Zach cannot claim that in 3 years. It’s always been the D and sometimes running game deciding jet wins.

• Upvote 1