Updated from the Sullivans & Merry Christmas

Maxman

Happy holidays to all

Phil- Seeing you and Lauren go through this is horrible. But the fact that Lauren continues to fight every day is an inspiration to all of us. Hope you have a great holiday, buddy.

ps. if you're looking for a ranch, there is nothing here in Atlantic Highlands, or any of the surrounding towns. 😉

• Sympathy 1

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Just wanted to check in a bit early and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Happy Holidays! Is 2024 the year all of our Jets dreams come true?  :)

I haven't been around much the past few weeks. My wife, Lauren, was admitted to the hospital. We live in NJ and she gets her cancer treatments at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. She was having a lot of trouble walking and fell at home, so they admitted her to the MSK hospital in NYC. Monday will be two weeks that we have been here. They have let me stay as a caregiver.

Long story short, she has very limited mobility in her right leg. Can't stand unassisted and really can't walk right now. They did all updated scans, and the results were good (she has Stage 4 Metastatic breast cancer):

-Brain : This area has been previously treated and came back clean again. No evidence of disease.

-Spine : This area has been previously treated, and they believe the last radiation worked. Small spot, less than 2 cm, that seems to be dying cells and inflammation.

Why can't she walk? They think the spot might be pressing on a nerve. So they kept her here to do pinpoint radiation. The last treatment is Monday, and then we will head back home. An ambulance service will get her into the house because we have steps.

This brings me to the next topic on the agenda: we started looking for a ranch. Going to move to a house that will make it easier for her. The current layout we have isn't great. Received $40,000 in quotes to get ramps, lifts, and zero-entry showers. So it is easier just to move.

From the hospital last week, we were almost able to get a new house, but we were bumped by an all-cash offer. Have a real estate agent helping us with a home that isn't currently on the market. We find out next week. No shortage of fun stuff going on.

Anyhow, I wanted to wish everyone well and share the Sullivan life story update. We are blessed with three amazing kids, an awesome extended family, and great friends. We are blessed with the JetNation community. So many of you have checked in along the way, and the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

I did sneak out of the hospital last week and went to the Texans game. So I was one of the fans cheering for Zach with my son Shane.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for making this community amazing. God Bless you all, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Oh, and go Jets. No tanking; run the table. Make the playoffs, and let's win the Super Bowl!!!

Godspeed to you, your wife- Lauren … & All your family Max. 🙏 … Have a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. 🎄🎅🎁

• Upvote 1

Max,

We are keeping you and your wife Lauren in our prayers. We have experienced what you are dealing with in my family.

Love your positive attitude and really appreciate you sharing with the board. We are all connected and prayers can be a very powerful tool.

Sending you deepest regards and heartfelt warm prayers my friend.

GOD bless you!

• Sympathy 1

On 12/15/2023 at 8:07 PM, Maxman said:

Just wanted to check in a bit early and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year. Happy Holidays! Is 2024 the year all of our Jets dreams come true?  :)

I haven't been around much the past few weeks. My wife, Lauren, was admitted to the hospital. We live in NJ and she gets her cancer treatments at Memorial Sloan Kettering in Middletown NJ. She was having a lot of trouble walking and fell at home, so they admitted her to the MSK hospital in NYC. Monday will be two weeks that we have been here. They have let me stay as a caregiver.

Long story short, she has very limited mobility in her right leg. Can't stand unassisted and really can't walk right now. They did all updated scans, and the results were good (she has Stage 4 Metastatic breast cancer):

-Brain : This area has been previously treated and came back clean again. No evidence of disease.

-Spine : This area has been previously treated, and they believe the last radiation worked. Small spot, less than 2 cm, that seems to be dying cells and inflammation.

Why can't she walk? They think the spot might be pressing on a nerve. So they kept her here to do pinpoint radiation. The last treatment is Monday, and then we will head back home. An ambulance service will get her into the house because we have steps.

This brings me to the next topic on the agenda: we started looking for a ranch. Going to move to a house that will make it easier for her. The current layout we have isn't great. Received $40,000 in quotes to get ramps, lifts, and zero-entry showers. So it is easier just to move.

From the hospital last week, we were almost able to get a new house, but we were bumped by an all-cash offer. Have a real estate agent helping us with a home that isn't currently on the market. We find out next week. No shortage of fun stuff going on.

Anyhow, I wanted to wish everyone well and share the Sullivan life story update. We are blessed with three amazing kids, an awesome extended family, and great friends. We are blessed with the JetNation community. So many of you have checked in along the way, and the thoughts and prayers are greatly appreciated.

I did sneak out of the hospital last week and went to the Texans game. So I was one of the fans cheering for Zach with my son Shane.

Thanks for listening. Thanks for making this community amazing. God Bless you all, and have a Happy Holiday season.

Oh, and go Jets. No tanking; run the table. Make the playoffs, and let's win the Super Bowl!!!

Max, 

I've never gotten to shake your hand in person, but I've somehow come to see you as a friend, and even a member of your forum family.   I wish you the best of holidays and I'm proud of you and your family for being so resilient through all of your difficulties.   Be well my friend. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying you have all my respect and positive wishes. 

Sirlance

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/16/2023 at 1:06 AM, Mogglez said:

God bless you and Lauren, Phil.

Haven’t been able to make it to the last few (Black Friday, Atlanta, or Houston) games for personal reasons, but am hoping to be there Xmas eve.  If you are are there, I’ll be sure to stop by, my friend @Maxman.

We will be there, thanks. Radiation finishes on Monday and it looks like she is getting discharged sometime after that.

I passed all the caregivers tests so they aren't making her go to a rehab facility.

She gets an ambulance ride home instead. Great news.

• Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 2

On 12/16/2023 at 7:17 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

You’re a good man Phil. I believe in karma and that will work in your favor. Unless that all cash offer for the house was by @SAR I. When you find a new house. Make sure you have a good JetNation command center. I look forward to tailgating again next year! 

Love it, that is too funny.

Right now my office so to speak is in our basement and that is where all my Jets stuff is.

The house we are looking at now, I would take the 3rd bedroom as an office so I can work on the same floor that Lauren will be on.

But it has a basement that I would love to pimp out into a cool Jets room and watch the games down there.

We find out this week on that one.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:01 PM, OilfieldJet said:

God bless Phil. Rates are coming down! Go Jets! Merry Christmas!

Yes and the one we are trying for is being flipped. So we wouldn't close for three months. Keep those rates coming down please.

On 12/16/2023 at 8:05 PM, Jetfuel66 said:

Max,

We are keeping you and your wife Lauren in our prayers. We have experienced what you are dealing with in my family.

Love your positive attitude and really appreciate you sharing with the board. We are all connected and prayers can be a very powerful tool.

Sending you deepest regards and heartfelt warm prayers my friend.

GOD bless you!

Thank you so much!!!

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, sirlancemehlot said:

Max, 

I've never gotten to shake your hand in person, but I've somehow come to see you as a friend, and even a member of your forum family.   I wish you the best of holidays and I'm proud of you and your family for being so resilient through all of your difficulties.   Be well my friend. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying you have all my respect and positive wishes. 

Sirlance

Don't think for a second that I have forgotten about the $10 you owe me from 2005. We were supposed to meet and you have been ducking me ever since. 😄

Just kidding, we do know each other forever. Family for sure.

Definitely stop by a tailgate next year. Thanks!!!

Bless you and the whole family, my friend. The disease (which I'm painfully familiar with) Lauren has didn't know who it was dealing with when decided to take on The Sullivan's. 

I'd offer to stay tough but that's obliviously what's currently and will continue to go on here.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all.

A good 2024 is right around the corner.

• Sympathy 1

Just want to say Merry Christmas to everyone here. Thanks for the thoughts and well wishes.

Lauren is home, they took her home by ambulance last Monday and she's doing great.

We're basically doing her rehab here. They saw that she had such a good support system so they were able to discharge her.

We got a stair chair, this motorized thing so we can get her in and out of the house easily while she rehabs her way back to walking.

Went to Pennsylvania on the 23rd to celebrate Christmas with her family then everyone's coming here on Christmas Day.

Two weeks in the hospital give you a whole new appreciation for the really simple things in life. Her being home with everyone is amazing.

Merry Christmas and may God bless you all. Thanks.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 5

Merry Christmas to you and your entire family my friend, as well as Jets Nation.
Our thoughts and prayers are with your wife and you in these times of struggle and challenges. May the God of us all, keep you in his thoughts and give you both the strength to endure and overcome, and kick the crap out of the cancer.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app