Rodgers Expected to be cleared this upcoming Week

HawkeyeJet

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Jets win tomorrow then maybe, but still unlikely.   They lose tomorrow and that will be it, see ya next year.

Jets beat Miami and are still alive then it likely means Zach played another good game.  In that case I might elevate Rodgers as the QB2 vs. Washington and pray I don't need him or want him to play.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paradis said:

First of all - how the eff is this possible lol. i can't even..

Secondly though, shame on Joe and Rob... you just had to flirt with .500. Win the ones you should.. and here we are faced with yet another year looking outside in, when we could have had the greatest playoff story of all time. 

Atlanta and the Raiders.  Those two were killers.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets beat Miami and are still alive then it likely means Zach played another good game.  In that case I might elevate Rodgers as the QB2 vs. Washington and pray I don't need him or want him to play.

Yeah, despite substandard QB play the 2023 Jets could never win a game behind the strength of their defense.

Someone didn't get enough sleep last night. ;) 

This very well might be a situation where bc he’s a respected vet he gets to decide if he wants to play. Even if the chances are 0 to make the playoffs… he might just want to show he can come back faster than anyone from this surgery and show he still has it. And give us something to be excited for next year.

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This very well might be a situation where bc he’s a respected vet he gets to decide if he wants to play.

There’s no “very well might” about it. Rodgers is running the team, and has been since before he even got here. If he wants to play, Douglas and Saleh will say “yes, sir” and then go fetch him a cup of coffee.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, bitonti said:

Before the season I predicted 9-8 or possibly 8-9 as a final record and got blasted for it 

Now with three weeks left that's a best case scenario 

So you predicted Rodgers would be hurt after 4 snaps?  You don't think a healthy Rodgers would have picked of 3 of 4 against the Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Falcons?  That would put us 8-5 with the Commanders and Patriots still on the schedule.  

I find it highly unlikely we ever actually see Rodgers on the field this year.

Odds are high the Jets lose today, and if so then there will be no reason to put him out there, as it becomes pretty much all risk, no reward at that point.

If the Jets somehow miraculously pull off a win today, then JD is desperately going to want to latch onto looking less incompetent in his evaluation of Zach Wilson, if he has another even slightly decent game.

In the end, the only way Rodgers plays would be dependent on the Jets getting a win that is entirely in spite of a terrible Wilson performance.  That would take an outright dominant day from the D, to the point of them needing to put points on the board by themselves.  While I suppose not impossible, the odds are extraordinarily low.  More likely the season is over this afternoon and lots of people employed by this team shift focus to using 2024 hype as the excuse to undeservedly keep their jobs.

13 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t believe Rodgers did it. Felt like it was coming but I was hoping to have this news break after the game. Now this becomes a must win game.

If Rodgers is back and actually anywhere near healthy, the Jets become very dangerous and a legit threat to run the table. Have to win tomorrow

Go play with the ESPN playoff machine. Even with the Jets running the table, there's essentially no scenario that gets them into the playoffs. Even in the insane scenario where every other game breaks right for the Jets (Jets, Titans, Cowboys win this week, Steelers and Jets win next week, Jets win week 17 and then Jets, Indy, Vegas, Miami and the Browns win week 18) you still need the Bills to lose to either the Patriots or the Chargers to make it happen. Stop it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

So you predicted Rodgers would be hurt after 4 snaps?  You don't think a healthy Rodgers would have picked of 3 of 4 against the Patriots, Giants, Raiders and Falcons?  That would put us 8-5 with the Commanders and Patriots still on the schedule.  

Rodgers hasn’t been healthy since early 22.  He’s an old 39 who looks 49.   

can you imagine Zach plays well this week and we win and then Rodgers plays the rest of the season?

the Zach boys will never let us here the end of "the Legend of Zach".

look at his last 2 games.... he turned a corner.... sign him.....

i almost want to see Zach finish so we dont have to be torture all offseason.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Flashlite80 said:

You’re going under the assumption that a 40yo QB would’ve remained healthy in a year where much younger QBs are going down one after the other.

I took the under 9 1/2 wins before the season started and it worked out very well. I won after our 12th game.

When you look at who we beat, and who we lost to this year, I don’t think a 40yo Rodgers changes our record by more than a game either way.
Our D is still top 10, but our OL and WR groups are terrible.

26 minutes ago, doitny said:

can you imagine Zach plays well this week and we win and then Rodgers plays the rest of the season?

the Zach boys will never let us here the end of "the Legend of Zach".

look at his last 2 games.... he turned a corner.... sign him.....

i almost want to see Zach finish so we dont have to be torture all offseason.

Meh.  If (when) Zach plays poorly the rest of the way it’ll just be because of the OL or the good plays not getting called. There will be no resolution for the Zach stans.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

Can’t believe Rodgers did it. Felt like it was coming but I was hoping to have this news break after the game. Now this becomes a must win game.

If Rodgers is back and actually anywhere near healthy, the Jets become very dangerous and a legit threat to run the table. Have to win tomorrow

The Jets can win out and the playoffs are still barely achievable. 

3 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

The Jets can win out and the playoffs are still barely achievable. 

It’s about a 20% chance if they win out and the Titans beat the Stroud-less Texans and another game goes our way. This is a 2009 season type of scenario that has broken the Jets way before. Just win and let everything else play itself out