Laken Tomlinson Renaissance

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

It’s the Tremaine syndrome.  Tomlinson was supposed to be an all pro level player but just started to mail it in once he got his contract.  I don’t necessarily blame Douglas for thinking the guy was worth it based on past performance but once it was clear he was olines version wilky, he should have been benched or cut.

We had Saleh, Mikey and the OL coach we hired from SF pounding the table for Tomlinson. JD has screwed the pooch on a lot of FA but the 49er crew gets the bulk of the blame for this one.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cap hit be damned, Tomlinson is getting launched into the sun this offseason.  AVT will go back to LG where he belongs.

LT - 1st round pick

LG - AVT

C - Tippy

RG - Kevin Zietler

RT - Best fa RT out there

Go get em Joe D!!!!!!

Is AR8 going to allow JD to put a rookie at LT?

Cutting Tomlinson pre June 1 saves $8.14M and he still costs $10.74M against the cap next year. Post June 1 is $13M and $5.88M.

Hits are worse than they could have been because of the contract restructure from this past offseason. Not positive but believe they could’ve just kept his hit the same and eventually moved on.

• Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, rangerous said:

It’s the Tremaine syndrome.  Tomlinson was supposed to be an all pro level player but just started to mail it in once he got his contract.  I don’t necessarily blame Douglas for thinking the guy was worth it based on past performance but once it was clear he was olines version wilky, he should have been benched or cut.

Can't cut with that much guaranteed.

He'll be gone next year 

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

lol jk 🗑️

So the 3rd place guy has given up 10 pressures.

But can someone explain to me how the difference between 3rd place and Tomlinson is the same as the difference as the 3rd place and the 20th place. Especially that the 2nd worst pressures by a guard is 41.

3 minutes ago, Claymation said:

So the 3rd place guy has given up 10 pressures.

But can someone explain to me how the difference between 3rd place and Tomlinson is the same as the difference as the 3rd place and the 20th place. Especially that the 2nd worst pressures by a guard is 41.

you're reading it wrong. 3rd place guy has given up 38 pressures - 10 less than Tomlinson.

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

The saddest thing of all was the JD apparently thought this guy was the final piece of the OL puzzle, when half the pieces were not even in the box...

Former scrub offensive lineman who knows nothing about building a successful offensive line.

I wouldn't trust him to scout a pee-wee league for OL talent.

LOL they talked about this guy as if he was a HOF type talent.

The 9ers squeezed as much out of the former bust as they could and quickly moved on.

You could tell how thrilled Tomlinson was to have gotten the bag he did from Joe Douglas.

The best thing you can say about him is he apparently has bionic knees and achilles tendons that are impervious to the death grip of the MaimLife turf.

He's the only OL who's been able to stay healthy and play every freaking game.

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Cap hit be damned, Tomlinson is getting launched into the sun this offseason.  AVT will go back to LG where he belongs.

LT - 1st round pick

LG - AVT

C - Tippy

RG - Kevin Zietler

RT - Best fa RT out there

Go get em Joe D!!!!!!

LT - 1st round pick

LG - Jon Runyan (used to work with AR8)

C - Tippy

RG - AVT (with a tag that says "Play at Guard only")

RT - Becton (you all don't want to believe it, but look how this team is run .. this is happening)

59 minutes ago, Lith said:

Tomlinson has been bad.  No argument from me.  But I honestly have no idea how to evaluate OL.  He was a good player before he came here. 

Look at other guys we have had.  Morgan Moses was okay for us, he is now a top 10 starting tackle with the Ravens.  We could not get rid of Greg Van Roten fast enough, and he is an above average starter for the Raiders.  George Fant is starting for the Texans.  We bring good players in and they suck for us.  We let guys we think suck go, and they play well elsewhere.  Mekhi Becton showed promise as a rookie and has been a disaster this year.

Injuries and lack of continuity are probably part of it.  But so too likely are coaching/scheme.  As much as I would like to blame Hackett and Keith Carter, they have only been here one year.  Something about how we approach OL is amiss.  I just hope they figure it out next season.

Great take. It continues at other positions, too. See Flacco, Joe. 

3 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

The saddest thing of all was the JD apparently thought this guy was the final piece of the OL puzzle, when half the pieces were not even in the box...

They moved Vera Tucker to accommodate this guy and he still sucks.

• Upvote 1