“ Do you want me to throw the podium on the floor?”

HawkeyeJet

50 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Asking why a coach isn’t angry isn’t a cheap shot. It’s football. Football coaches typically get angry when the same mistakes are made over and over. The positivity vibes nonsense hasn’t manifested into any winning so it’s a total valid question.

Agreed, Andy Reid yelled at his best receiver in Kelce and Tomlin does not allow a s@$t show occur on the field without some heated discussion. Parcells would get crazy for players playing like crap. Be a football coach, not a politician.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Bowles used to take a lot of heat for being too emotionless on the sidelines.  I remember him saying it’s the coaches job to maintain composure, but in the locker room I remember Bowles was known to flip out.  My point is none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes.

I kinda wish Saleh would throw a podium at about 75% of this board.  I thought the end of the Darnold era and missing out on Lawrence was the low point here but you have all proven me wrong.

The fact that EVERY SINGLE THREAD (no matter its subject matter) derails into bashing the team, coach, gm or just a childish stream of insults and stupid clown emojis, or weirdo conspiracy theories  is nauseating.  It’s making the board unreadable. 

No one’s getting fired, it’s already been announced so stop rooting for it.  If a foreign fan read this board and thought this was a good representation of Jets fans, I’d be embarrassed.

None of us are happy with our season, we’re all sick of losing, I get it, I’m there with you all.  We’re all bound by our love of this team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Voluntarily taking reporters' questions after a game like this, when it's not customary and further doesn't do so after wins either, would be dumber and worse professional judgment than the dumbest player transaction you mention.

I absolutely get the desire to have him humiliated by repeated questions, so he can't rationalize any/all failures to Woody behind the scenes to preserve his job, but how often do GMs do such a thing? The last time I really remember it happening was when Idzik gave that meandering press conference that got himself fired. 

His coach is getting flayed every single week.

It is called taking account and leadership.

He built the team and Saleh has to go out there and be made to look stupid each and every week.

If this is the attitude we take then Saleh should be doing the bare minimum, yes no answers then run and hide, like his gm.

The coach is getting roasted, the players are getting roasted, the gm who put the whole thing together has not been seen in months.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

Bowles used to take a lot of heat for being too emotionless on the sidelines.  I remember him saying it’s the coaches job to maintain composure, but in the locker room I remember Bowles was known to flip out.  My point is none of us know what’s going on behind the scenes.

I kinda wish Saleh would throw a podium at about 75% of this board.  I thought the end of the Darnold era and missing out on Lawrence was the low point here but you have all proven me wrong.

The fact that EVERY SINGLE THREAD (no matter its subject matter) derails into bashing the team, coach, gm or just a childish stream of insults and stupid clown emojis, or weirdo conspiracy theories  is nauseating.  It’s making the board unreadable. 

No one’s getting fired, it’s already been announced so stop rooting for it.  If a foreign fan read this board and thought this was a good representation of Jets fans, I’d be embarrassed.

None of us are happy with our season, we’re all sick of losing, I get it, I’m there with you all.  We’re all bound by our love of this team. 

To be honest, I never questioned that Bowles likely laid into the team when it was called for. 

Saleh, otoh, is such a players' coach that I think he bends over backwards for them, even behind the scenes.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

To be honest, I never questioned that Bowles likely laid into the team when it was called for. 

Saleh, otoh, is such a players' coach that I think he bends over backwards for them, even behind the scenes.

Bowles let Wilkerson walk all over him 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Rob Moore said:

That’s the point: whatever he’s doing behind the scenes clearly isn’t working either

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The guy that needs to be at a podium taking fire, showing leadership and taking heat for his coach at least some of the time is Joe 'The Coward' Douglas.

Douglas picked Becton, Douglas picked Zach Wilson Douglas got played by the Packers like a fiddle in the Rodgers thing, Douglas is the guy that was okay as a gm to get all the garbage players that came along with Rodgers.  Alan Lazard 4 years, 44 million, Duane Brown is the LT.

Saleh is bad and he and his whole staff deserve to be turfed but I've not seen a Where's Waldo GM like Douglas who just disappears.  Just gutless.

100%. Been saying this for months. 

1 hour ago, Rob Moore said:

So just sit down, shut up, and take it.... 

**** that.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

His coach is getting flayed every single week.

It is called taking account and leadership.

He built the team and Saleh has to go out there and be made to look stupid each and every week.

If this is the attitude we take then Saleh should be doing the bare minimum, yes no answers then run and hide, like his gm.

The coach is getting roasted, the players are getting roasted, the gm who put the whole thing together has not been seen in months.

That’s just the way it is.

It's not unique to the jets at all. The HC and 1-2 key players address the media after games, not the GM. 

Likewise, the GM (for any championship or serious contender) team never comes out weekly to take bows and credit when things are going well either. 

The idea that the GM should only come out to take arrows when fans are pissed… well I’m sympathetic to it emotionally, but it’s unrealistic.

It’ll happen, but it’ll be after the season not after this it that individual loss. So we’ll have to wait a bit longer is all. 

11 hours ago, dbatesman said:

No it wasn’t. Cimini is asking if Saleh still gives a **** or if he’s mailing it in now that we all know his job is safe. It’s a perfectly valid question. Sure enough, Saleh answered it in full. 

Agreed it wasn’t.

Those aren’t the words Cimini used in his question.

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, actually I do.  At least then I’d know you still have a soul in there.  And would be fun to see.  While you are at it, get into one of your players grill for a change.  Light Becton’s ass up when he reaches the sideline after his fifth penalty.   You could do just about anything and it’d be an improvement 

I wouldn’t mind it either. But doubt it’ll ever happen. It’s not who he is, it’s not in his nature. Saleh is well behaved. Genial in public in good times and bad.

In SF and here he’s shown some soul - on the field. Definitely gotten animated when his players - defense specifically- makes a play. Or a ref makes a bad call. Lays in to them plenty. 

Otherwise he’s more in the mold of a Pete Carroll. A player’s coach who’s generally going to be sunshine talking about his players  regardless of results. 

12 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yes, actually I do.  At least then I’d know you still have a soul in there.  And would be fun to see.  While you are at it, get into one of your players grill for a change. 

The idea that a pro Head coach making 3 mil a year can yell at a grown man making double, triple that and that yelling it will have any effect on the team is some old school Vince Lombardi level bullsh*t. 

yes the Jets suck. Yelling a Trevor Siemien or Mekhi Becton won't make them play better. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble these are professionals and tearing the room apart is not going to win friends or influence people. It's thinking like this that got Pete Carroll fired here and that thinking was outdated 30 years ago when it happened  

it's not college. It's not high school - many of these players have contracts way larger than Salehs - they have guys like Joe Douglas betting their career on this draft pick, they have 31 other teams that want them - some of them even have billionaire uncles - they don't have anything to fear from a coach that lives in like a hotel room with 5 kids (or wherever Saleh makes his home these days)  

and the ones that would respond to that? bums. 

• Ugh 1

12 hours ago, Vader said:

Yeah that was a dumb and disrespectful question tbh

No doubt throwing the podium would have been childish but Saleh once again, lost the opportunity to speak directly to us the fans.

he could have simply said, “just because I don’t look pissed, it doesn’t mean that I’m not angry. I know that our fans deserve better, performance-wise, and my job is to fix it.”

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

true there's also no metric that shows Joe Douglas to be better than John Idzik or Mac 

The only thing I'll give JD credit for is that unlike Mac he understands the concept of position value in the draft. After drafting his QB, his next few picks were on the O-Line (AVT), WR (Elijah Moore), and RB (Michael Carter). The players he picked may have been the wrong ones, but the positions he focused on were correct.

Mac on the other hand, took a Division 2 project DT immediately after trading up for Darnold. He did nothing to try to help his QB.

6 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

The only thing I'll give JD credit for is that unlike Mac he understands the concept of position value in the draft. After drafting his QB, his next few picks were on the O-Line (AVT), WR (Elijah Moore), and RB (Michael Carter). The players he picked may have been the wrong ones, but the positions he focused on were correct.

Mac on the other hand, took a Division 2 project DT immediately after trading up for Darnold. He did nothing to try to help his QB.

yeah JD tries to draft and sign OL it's just that all his moves have been disasters 

but at least he tries

it's 5 years by the way and the best player on the team by far is a Mac pick