If the Jets don’t draft a quarterback how would you feel about Sam Howell?

Washington is more than likely drafting a QB so they’ll probably be open to trading Howell. He’s still young and he showed some promise this year. Him sitting behind Rodgers for a year or two wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

• WTF? 1
  • Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

He’s being suggested…. As a backup.

Yeah my bad not reading the full thread. I’d be open to it for like a 4th or 5th but wouldn’t totally excite me. 

1 minute ago, PS17 said:

Yeah my bad not reading the full thread. I’d be open to it for like a 4th or 5th but wouldn’t totally excite me. 

I think there’ll be equally meh options as FA.

21 minutes ago, August said:

Washington is more than likely drafting a QB so they’ll probably be open to trading Howell. He’s still young and he showed some promise this year. Him sitting behind Rodgers for a year or two wouldn’t be a bad thing. 

Hard no

I think their best bet is to get a guy like brissett and then promise he’ll get a hard look as a starter once Rodgers quits.  Brissetts been around and is still looking for a starting job.  He’s been pretty durable and can throw the ball pretty well.  I don’t see them getting any good qb to sit for two seasons while waiting for Rodgers.  I suspect that’s something that might have turned Douglas away from wentz or Winston.  Winston might be an idea because he’s probably patient with regard to where his next starting job may be, if any.  I think that’s one of the problems with drafting QBs in the first round.  They get paid quite a bit but really don’t become good until they’ve sat for a season or two.  When they come off their rookie deals, if they haven’t got a starting job, they can afford to be patient.  That means taking some backup jobs and choosing the right situation for them.

• Upvote 2

Quite honestly there are a lot of good back up QB options that are UFA's next year:  Brissett, Taylor, Winston, Bridgewater, Minshew to name a few.  There's no reason why JD can't find someone at a reasonable number to man the fort if Rodgers goes down.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, August said:

No. Go get one in free agency. We don't have a second rounder and have too many holes to fill to give up resources for a guy we hope never plays.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Quite honestly there are a lot of good back up QB options that are UFA's next year:  Brissett, Taylor, Winston, Bridgewater, Minshew to name a few.  There's no reason why JD can't find someone at a reasonable number to man the fort if Rodgers goes down.
Bridgewater announced a while ago that he was retiring after the season.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

I read questions like this, and my eyes immediately squint... my eyebrows crunch in... and my head tilts like my dogs does when I make strange noises from my mouth at him...

After watching him play...

How is this even a question?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, paulyjet said:

I read questions like this, and my eyes immediately squint... my eyebrows crunch in... and my head tilts like my dogs does when I make strange noises from my mouth at him...

After watching him play...

How is this even a question?

Agree. It’s like finding out the Titanic is sold out but paying up for a ticket on the Hindenburg.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2024 at 12:39 PM, PS17 said:

He’s a backup. Can push the ball down the field and rack up yards but his pocket presence and decision making aren’t good. 

Which would make him the second best QB in Jets history. 

On 1/8/2024 at 12:33 PM, August said:

Is it August already? 

• Haha 2