The Excellence Of The Media ...

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

People who cover sports don’t actually like sports most of the time.

It's probably a local reporter who doesn't really cover sports regularly being on assignment because of the playoffs. 

• Upvote 4

I'm not a reporter or related to one and this is truly laughable ignorance on the part of the media person asking the question, however, I think it's pretty ridiculous to use this as an example of the failure of all journalism. It would be akin to saying all quarterbacks are incompetent boobs because of Sanchez's butt fumble. There are some remarkable journalists out there -- smart, literate, courageous, even heroic -- as there are innumerable hacks and partisan blowhards. So I would suggest rather than vastly over-generalizing due to confirmation bias we be a bit more nuanced. Asking a lot, I know, but figure it should be said. Carry on...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

Either the reporter was trying to pull a "gotcha" or the reporter himself was ignorant.  It happens, either way.

I think the pronoun your looking for is She/Her I could be wrong these days 😂 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

In general and the NFL specifically, you can't make this up:

She is probably the weather reporter from the local public access channel and the sports guy called in sick and she got the detail lol

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You should watch the clip; it's only like 30 seconds. It for sure wasn't a gotcha -- she clearly didn't realize, or didn't remember, the Lions play in a dome. It came across as a serious question with her lamenting the frigid weather up there (and Tampa as a franchise historically being a dogcrap team in cold weather). 

Bowles had some fun at her expense, saying in his low-key tone, "You realize we play indoors, right? They got a dome," and that the only time they'll be outside is when they get off the bus into the stadium so yeah they should be fine braving the elements up there. Lmao, good for him. 

Yeah, that was low key cool. He was like.' Yeah, we brave the elements from the 20 sec walk in!" haha

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

I'm not a reporter or related to one and this is truly laughable ignorance on the part of the media person asking the question, however, I think it's pretty ridiculous to use this as an example of the failure of all journalism. It would be akin to saying all quarterbacks are incompetent boobs because of Sanchez's butt fumble. There are some remarkable journalists out there -- smart, literate, courageous, even heroic -- as there are innumerable hacks and partisan blowhards. So I would suggest rather than vastly over-generalizing due to confirmation bias we be a bit more nuanced. Asking a lot, I know, but figure it should be said. Carry on...

The media is/has ruining everything.  All they care about is ruing people’s personal lives instead of covering the sport they play.

It all started with the guy who outed ARod and has just got worse ever since.

Media is a Cancer no cure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

The media today spends more time creating the news instead of reporting it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Was just going to say this. Local stations across the country have been cutting jobs and talent for a while now and hiring folks greener and greener by the day. People have to wear a lot of hats and this reporter probably just got done covering a shooting or a house fire and got turned for this. Local news outlets are vastly underrated and get lumped into the “msm” stuff when most local broadcasts are about as straight down the middle as you get. But, you know, get your talking points in. 

I mean I knew the Lions played in a dome when I was 8. It’s not much to ask to have a general idea of what you are asking a professional football coach in a televised press conference. This isn’t the high school beat.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

OMG. This is almost as funny as, "There are so many Marines on Guam, it might capsize".

😆

That was unbelievable watching a congressman say that! And then just like Bowles the US Commander of the Pacific Command  gave a serious response "We don't anticipate that"  LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Warfish said:

Either the reporter was trying to pull a "gotcha" or the reporter himself was ignorant.  It happens, either way.

Seems the reporter is just stupid but you find your way to back up the media. Always looking out for your home team eh?

• Haha 1