Hardman was one of many

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean, I get your point but Hardman basically did nothing all season but happened to be the guy who caught the TD to win the Superbowl. 

Yes, that's why I said that one game encapsulates so many players as a whole.

And I think KC's shift in offensive philosophy impacted his production but to sit on the bench every week for the Jets was kinda' wild.

3 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

He was just as bad for them as he was for us. He just happened to catch the winning TD in the Super Bowl. It actually helped him to be a mediocre WR. The defense wasn't looking at him. 

He had 1 catch for 6 yards in five games as a Jet.

He was just as bad in KC?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean, I get your point but Hardman basically did nothing all season and happened to be the guy who caught the TD to win the Superbowl. 

Nate Hackett looking up end arounds and Jets Sweeps in Football for dummies

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9x8kskhx5p8md2wnrnqzu

• Haha 3

I mean, I get your point but Hardman basically did nothing all season and happened to be the guy who caught the TD to win the Superbowl. 
He almost cost them the trip to the Superbowl with two fumbles on two touches earlier in the playoffs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

Please don’t ruin the chance whine and complain. This is only about the 1,000th thread that regurgitates the same garbage over and over.

And here you are reading it for the 1001st time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

True.  But you have to admit the irony is pretty incredible.  Jets couldn't find a way to use him on a team lacking WR talent.  Kansas City uses him to win the Super Bowl on a team full of Pro Bowlers.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True.  But you have to admit the irony is pretty incredible.  Jets couldn't find a way to use him on a team lacking WR talent.  Kansas City uses him to win the Super Bowl on a team full of Pro Bowlers.

I guess. I mean Nathaniel Hackett is a clown show but his QB was Zach Wilson which makes everything more difficult for everyone. Good chance Zach Wilson would have done a few laps in the backfield and taken a sack in that situation instead of immediately throwing to the open guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Moore was better than he was last year but nothing like the player he was as a rookie. 

Carter had 22 carries in 6 games for a bad Cardinals team.

Braden Mann? Seriously? 

I wish we kept Fant, but your narrative here quickly falls apart.

1 hour ago, AFJF said:

Mecole Hardman scoring the GW TD in the SB perfectly encapsulates what has been going on for the Jets on offense (and ST?) for a couple years now and it's pretty frustrating.

George Fant: Would have been the best OT on the roster this year and played better in Houston than he did here over his past couple of seasons.  He left and got better.

Elijah Moore: Career high in yards despite four different QB's.  Couldn't get a target here.  He left and got better.

Morgan Moses: Lowest PFF grade over his past four seasons came in 2021 when he was a Jet.  He was better before he got here and better after he left.

Michael Carter: Perfectly fine RB who will get you better than 4+ ypc.  As expected, played better after leaving while Dalvin Cook continued to stink it up.

Greg Van Roten: Have heard at least three people (two Raiders reporters and one national) talk about how surprisingly good he was this year in Vegas with one saying he may have been their best OL this year.  Left here...played better.

Braden Mann: Couldn't keep the ball in bounds as a Jet and then ranks 8th in the NFL among punters the year after leaving.  Ranked sixth in the NFL with a net avg of 43.9.  Left and got better.

I really can't wait for them to move on from this coaching staff.

Remember the game before, where he had 2 fumbles and a drop?

He happened to catch the last catch, and more power to him, but he did crap for that team during the season

Elijah Moore had a career year last year with a whopping 640 yards (a whole 102 more than his rookie year w us).  59 catches on 104 targets (woof). 

Morestead was an upgrade over Mann.

Hardman also fumbled going into the end zone earlier in the game, if he scores then his winning TD might not have been needed. 

This entire board hated GVR, if he was brought back this place would have rioted.

• Upvote 1

Morgan Moses is the only one in that list we should have regrets over.

Hardman sucks, got lucky and even almost blew the play.

Fant did not play well enough for us his last year to justify resigning.

Moore is a character issue Dbag, but certainly a far better player than he could show for the jets.  Also Douglas got fleeced in that trade,

Carter was very good year one, his play was from spotty to poor after that no loss at all. 

Van Roten was awful here, no loss.

Mann was atrocious and should have been gone at least a full year earlier.

Moses for the player and the price should have been retained the rest no big deal.

• Upvote 1

So you're saying these are the difference makers to the Jets having a much better offense? 

Also - Moore had his best season here when he was a rookie. 

Fant scored his highest PFF grade here in 2021. 

GVR - surprised with how good he played because he was bad every where but the Raiders last year. Including not making it in Buffalo last year. 

Mann? Really? I honestly can't imagine what his stats would be if he had to punt 99 times, most in the NFL, like Morsetead had to.

I don't even care about Carter.

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

Mecole Hardman scoring the GW TD in the SB perfectly encapsulates what has been going on for the Jets on offense (and ST?) for a couple years now and it's pretty frustrating.

George Fant: Would have been the best OT on the roster this year and played better in Houston than he did here over his past couple of seasons.  He left and got better.

Elijah Moore: Career high in yards despite four different QB's.  Couldn't get a target here.  He left and got better.

Morgan Moses: Lowest PFF grade over his past four seasons came in 2021 when he was a Jet.  He was better before he got here and better after he left.

Michael Carter: Perfectly fine RB who will get you better than 4+ ypc.  As expected, played better after leaving while Dalvin Cook continued to stink it up.

Greg Van Roten: Have heard at least three people (two Raiders reporters and one national) talk about how surprisingly good he was this year in Vegas with one saying he may have been their best OL this year.  Left here...played better.

Braden Mann: Couldn't keep the ball in bounds as a Jet and then ranks 8th in the NFL among punters the year after leaving.  Ranked sixth in the NFL with a net avg of 43.9.  Left and got better.

I really can't wait for them to move on from this coaching staff.

I get what you’re saying, but every one of those players is the definition of replacement-level, minimum wage veteran trash. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Oh the humanity!

• Haha 1

Jets fans are obsessed with the idea of players being let go only to find success elsewhere.

What we SHOULD be concerned about is when this franchise holds out hope on sh*tty players for too long, causing them to miss out on far better talent.  That has impacted the Jets far more than the former.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

He joins Matt Snell as the only players to score a TD in the Super Bowl in the same season as being a Jet.

7 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Jets fans are obsessed with the idea of players being let go only to find success elsewhere.

What we SHOULD be concerned about is when this franchise holds out hope on sh*tty players for too long, causing them to miss out on far better talent.  That has impacted the Jets far more than the former.  

Incorrect.  That's just the way you're choosing to view it.

The point of the post was to show what a poor job the Jets coaching staff has done in developing or finding use for the talent on the roster.

So this is speaking to the Jets current coaching staff which will be responsible for developing the incoming crop of draft picks and free agents.

The sooner they go, the better off this team will be.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I get what you’re saying, but every one of those players is the definition of replacement-level, minimum wage veteran trash. 

Right, nobody is saying these guys are irreplaceable.  Only that they all played better after escaping 1 Jets Dr.  That speaks to the horrendous coaching.

And after watching Moore put up respectable numbers with 4 bad QB's I think it would be foolish to write him off.

How many NFL games has he played with an average to above average QB under center?