Jets Sign Mike Williams! MERGED

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

The 10th pick is complete wide open now and we can literally take the best tackle / wr/ bowers available.

I agree.  I did just write that if the jets go OL i predict fatanu.  I can see them throwing him in at guard and then moving him to tackle as injuries mount.  It also would mean they’d have the LT next year if smith leaves. 

• Upvote 2

Can still use Moses as a swing tackle. draft a young right tackle in the first round.  I’d still go wide receiver, but oline is not out of the question being that we have two aging tackles on one year deals. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

Holy hell what an offseason. Mike Williams is the perfect complement to Garrett Wilson. They need to keep Rodgers upright, but as long as we do, this offense is going to be explosive as hell.

oh-yeah-kool-aid-man.gif

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

from the perspective of aaron's "all in year" 

it's probably better to draft a tackle, give him a couple months to crack the lineup (naturally, when one of the tackles gets injured)

than draft a WR stud, start him day 1 and have him not learn the hot routes, hand motions and whatever else Aaron likes to do from the line  

I think with the recent moves a trade down had become more probable.  We can still get a tackle and another WR in a deep class 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Or the elusive trade down

Trade down seems so likely now. No immediate needs but injury prone players at some key positions plus a few guys will likely be 1 year and outta here. Get a second. Grab the tackle and WR, ease them in, and use them this year in smaller roles or when an injury pops up. plug them in next year to take over. What an off season!

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1