Did JD build the best team in football?

8 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Do you think this defense is better than those Rex teams? I feel like our current personnel is a lot better than those teams. Especially on the DLine.

not rex's team but in 2008 kris Jenkins was the best d player in the planet before he got hurt. in 2009-2010 when rex took over revis was. i am not sure to be honest. maybe im biased because im a rex fan but he had the number 1 d in 2009 or 2010 i believe. we will have to see. i honestly do not have great faith in saleh. hopefully im wrong and this defense rolls over the other teams

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

All this team needs now is…

The best in the NAYYTION!

I mean it is a bit intriguing adding him to this defense to go with Quincy and CJ ? These guys would be teeing off on opponents. Doubt it’d happen tho. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

It’s all about Rodgers and the OL health but if the Jets get some halfway decent luck this year, this could be a very good football team

20 Games…. That’s all we need from the “old guard” and have the young guys come back motivated and take the 3rd year leap!

JD needs to work magic with this draft & find some GM desperate enough to move up and give us a mid-round 2nd

Saleh needs to be better at coaching, time management & getting rid of the club med practices and stop with the nonsense BS rah-rah quips. 

Lastly, Woody needs to spend another year in England starting April 15th.

If you're not really sure how to rate the roster with Arron Rodgers under center, consider this: Consider the strength of our offense if Rodgers was NOT on the team, never was.

We'd be going into 2024 with Zack Wilson under center. That was the plan only a few seasons ago.

Just think of all the threads there'd be...

'Zack gonna finally take a big step'

'If Zack stays healthy we should be ok'

'We are so screwed...Jets are playing for the top pick in the 2025 draft'.

But now, with AR on the team, we barely even talk about the QB. We just know we'll be at least decent. Maybe even for the next 2 or 3 seasons. With all the roster upgrades/moved Joe Douglas has made, our roster focus now going forward is getting young, talented tackles in here for the future of our Oline....keep AR healthy and upright, throwing for 300+ yards week in and week out.

I'd say our roster is one of the best.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

They for sure do NOT have the best roster in football.

When you have a big fat ? at QB you are not the best roster.

If Aaron Rodgers does not come back and play near pro bowl level the team will fail.

Plus they desperately need a safety. Amirite?

• Haha 1

I do struggle with how one-sided a lot of posters tend to be.  

Can we not enjoy for a second a pretty good roster, the most complete roster in a very long time?

Does it have question marks?  Of course...

But does everything have to be a negative or a conspiracy?  On the flip side, do we need to defend every single JD move?  

My lord, it's ok to say that JD had an awful year but also acknowledge he's brought in some really good players this offseason without mortgaging the future.

Will it work?  Maybe if the Jets can actually have a little luck for once ... we can see a playoff run.

Hoping for a strong draft to add quality depth and minimize the risk of a starter going down.  Then it's up to the Coaches to take a strong roster and win some games.

• Post of the Week 2

3 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like JD did a fantastic job building this team. Now go trade up for MHJ or Nabers to put the cherry on top of this offseason!

Hard to argue with Rodgers, young offense and elite def this is the best team Rodgers has had for sure. Problem is they haven't done it yet so no one will give us credit but you better believe on Sunday opposing teams will not be sleeping they know it will be a long day. If the def doesn't compete sh*t them down rodger will enable to score alot more than them. The pressure will be on. 

Man it is going to be a great season.

Hell if one of the lineman we pick up plays well enough to start or be solid rotation all the better 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Maxman said:
There is so much talent there, doubling down on Rodgers is the only option at this point. They have a legit backup QB. Hold the fort kind of guy. So if Rodgers misses 3-4 games they can easily survive that. Very few teams survive losing the QB after 4 plays. Hope that isn't an issue again.

Our back up QB this year is better than the starters we have had here in almost a decade. It's understated just how much better we are at the most important position on the field.

Sent from the FOREVER AND EVER Suicide Watch desk.

• Upvote 3

This is it. It's the best Jets roster I have ever seen and that's not a question. It all comes down to Rodgers. Plain and simple. 
Not the best Jets roster ever ... But it is exciting... Still gaping holes at WR, OL, S and RB2.

If we draft defense... This site will indeed be a spectacle to behold.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Wutt? 

"Gaping holes"?

WR3 almost by definition is not a gaping hole on any team. Most playoff teams' WR3s are forgettable afterthoughts & no one knows who most are on each team except fans of those teams or fantasy football geeks. Quick, without looking it up, name the WR3 last year on Kansas City, Baltimore, Miami, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Houston, Tampa, Green Bay, and more. Typically they're 350-450 yard players. 100 yards less than that if you choose really poorly. 

The Jets have no starting OL hole, though we are all concerned about next in line after these past 2-3 seasons. If they had an OL hole there would be no discussion whatsoever about what position they're drafting at pick 10. 

S... who the f cares. They have 3 outstanding corners and can get to the QB without blitzing. The Chargers prioritized safety. The Steelers did, too, and their record was better without Minkah than with him. That doesn't mean he's not excellent; it means it doesn't matter much if you've got a serious pass rush. If this position group is the starter concern then there is no concern. On paper they have two starting safeties. Adams was fine for a first year starter, and Clark should return fine for the whole summer & season given how early he got injured. They may add another but I really don't care if they don't.

RB2 is a "gaping hole"? This is really reaching. There are a select group of wow guys in the league and the overwhelming bulk of the rest aren't that much different unless they're over the hill; a bigger separator on RB2 prowess is usually who's blocking for them and if the passing game is keeping the box clearer. But omg, if we only had Rico Dowdle. Gaping hole, lol. Know who Jerome Ford was at the start of the 2023 season? Israel Abanikanda. KC's RB2 was 1st rd bust Edwards-Helaire who's just awful and is available for cheap still today. Abanikanda & whatever day 3 guy they draft or veteran has-been they add will be fine to fill in for Hall or give him breathers.

Too many of their best/key starters may all get injured (again) and as a result finish with a losing record (again), but these "gaping holes" are not big problems (if they're problems at all) any more than pretending the team is done finalizing the opening day roster here still in March.

Wow, good thing I scrolled down before responding w/ the same objections but I had like a 3 sentence response in my mind and then read this. 

@Dunnie you good bro?  Need a hug? 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Looks like JD did a fantastic job building this team. Now go trade up for MHJ or Nabers to put the cherry on top of this offseason!

Nah.

He's asleep at the wheel, remember?