The Jets are a nice distraction

7 minutes ago, faba said:

Yes Phil sports is a release from problems of real life.

Absolutely. I am not much of a hockey or basketball guy but we have been watching the Rangers (and the Knicks). Nice distraction at times. Damn Knicks, more injuries than the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

24 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Absolutely. I am not much of a hockey or basketball guy but we have been watching the Rangers (and the Knicks). Nice distraction at times. Damn Knicks, more injuries than the Jets.

I was hoping for the Knicks to carry me until mid-late June...then a small break before camp started.

They were decimated by injuries.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Lord knows sometimes we need that distraction, real life can be a harsh and unforgiving mistress.

Here's hoping all is as well as it can possibly be for you Phil. 

And thank you as always for this community.  For some of us, it's our only outlet for Jets-related distractions.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Abso F'ing lutely .. sports have always been an escape from the stress of real life
.. all the way back to the roman coliseum.

Hope you're doing well Max .. I'm excited too!!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Real life, work, family, the stress that every day can bring, it adds up at times. Not much of a thread here, just thinking about how the Jets, and sports in general, provide such a nice distraction.

I am so excited for this season. I really think this team can be special. Health health and health, keep them healthy, especially Aaron.

Having a real backup QB for the first time in forever is nice. Having some depth at other spots is nice.

Please let this be the year.

Like I said, not much of a thread, just a rainy day thought or two.  :)

I agree.  I don't pay much attention to other sports, so now that most of the other tv series we watch have ended for the season, the football season and Jets starting to ramp up is nice. 

I'd love to say Sports is an escape for me, but now that I only play beer league softball, it's feeling more like Mets/Jets/Nets fandom is just another form of hell...

Of course there's the Rangers too :) but they haven't won in my lifetime either

On the plus side, the Jets off season hype cycle IS a nice distraction from the very jets-like implosion the Mets are currently having!

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I'd love to say Sports is an escape for me, but now that I only play beer league softball, it's feeling more like Mets/Jets/Nets fandom is just another form of hell...

Of course there's the Rangers too :) but they haven't won in my lifetime either

On the plus side, the Jets off season hype cycle IS a nice distraction from the very jets-like implosion the Mets are currently having!

While I read about/keep up with the Jets, Knicks, Rangers and Mets, I do keep occasional tabs on the Giants, Nets, and Yankees because they also plays teams that I despise, and so I root for them in those instances to get any satisfaction out of watching sports at all - given the impotence of my main focal points. Sigh.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t like sports and I use “the Jets” as a proxy to litigate my crippling internal neuroses and many personal failings. 

This is what happens when you are your own therapist. 🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

Real life, work, family, the stress that every day can bring, it adds up at times. Not much of a thread here, just thinking about how the Jets, and sports in general, provide such a nice distraction.

I am so excited for this season. I really think this team can be special. Health health and health, keep them healthy, especially Aaron.

Having a real backup QB for the first time in forever is nice. Having some depth at other spots is nice.

Yeah I think it is the most common reason we become so attached to sports teams.

Oddly I am the least excited I have ever been for a Jets season.

Have always been vehemently opposed to the Rodgers thing and that has not changed. And Saleh is I think solidly in the running for most incompetent Jets coach ever. 

And the "but our defense" argument is just so much BS it frustrates me to no end. There is something to be said for the development of Quincy and Huff but in true Jets fashion they dumped Huff. Watch us not re-sign Quincy either.

All the warning signs are there for a disaster season but people just don't see it.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

Opening week last year, was running late, RAN like a bullet to the house to see Rodger’s in uniform only to see Zach.

I missed maybe 3 minutes of the game??? WTF I said to myself. Where’s Rodger’s???

At THAT moment I remembered and should have known better.  Never let your guard down against the JETS.  

Like Vinny going down in 1999…….

This team always does something to ruin our sporting lives.  

• Haha 2

Among the great distractions in life. Rooting for the Jets and strip clubs. Both are a big tease that never pay off in the end! aarrrgg If our local strip club stars selling season tickets and seat licenses, I might just buy one center stage

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

The Shining GIF

On 5/23/2024 at 6:21 PM, southparkcpa said:

Opening week last year, was running late, RAN like a bullet to the house to see Rodger’s in uniform only to see Zach.

I missed maybe 3 minutes of the game??? WTF I said to myself. Where’s Rodger’s???

At THAT moment I remembered and should have known better.  Never let your guard down against the JETS.  

Like Vinny going down in 1999…….

This team always does something to ruin our sporting lives.  

It was night 1 of a 5 day Carribean Cruise. Concierge Grand Suite. Me, Mrs. Engine, and the 2 boys... We skipped actual dinner to get set up in the Sports Bar.  Rodgers goes down, wife looks at me and said, "your cruise just got ruined,  didn't it?"

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, nycdan said:

The Jets are a great distraction and source of optimism from March - September.

The other five months?  Well they are still a distraction...

BS. Another jets hatin' "Fan". By November, you get to start looking forward to the draft again so it's really only September and October that suck.

• Haha 1

1. I went all-in last season and re-invested my whole heart and soul into what I thought could possibly be THE season and being forced to sit through another failure with a gutless QB being given start after start after start took a lot out of me. This is going to be a show me first season before I let that happen to me again.
  • Upvote 4

19 hours ago, nycdan said:

The Jets are a great distraction and source of optimism from March - September.

The other five months?  Well they are still a distraction...

this!  when the season starts its a destructive addictive obsession 

22 hours ago, Maxman said:

I just hope the distraction lasts past october 

I just look forward to looking at the schedule on a given week and know we’re probably going to win that Sundays matchup.  The last 10 or so years not being able to do that was painful.

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2024 at 6:19 PM, JohnnyLV said:

Oddly I am the least excited I have ever been for a Jets season.

All the warning signs are there for a disaster season but people just don't see it.

Well, that's definitely a hot take.

• Upvote 2

On 5/23/2024 at 2:03 PM, Maxman said:

I coudln't agree more with this.  Thanks @Maxman

I just hope we can put together a contender this year.  It will be just so much fun!!!!

We deserve it.