I don't think I ever needed a good Jets season more...

Win or lose, Phil, I hope the comradery you have built with your passion for this team and the good will you've passed on to fellow fans along the way give the strength and distraction you need for this difficult time.

I personally think we're going to the dance this year!

Let's go jets!

Love is always the answer.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seriously don't think I ever needed the Jets to be good, more than I need it this year. It is a scary place to be, counting on the Jets to relieve stress from real life and provide a positive distraction.  :)

Man I hope they can do it.

I am going to be at the games even earlier this year. I'm eyeing up some road games, and I'm definitely doing Pittsburgh.

Week one, San Fran is hurting, let's get that one and then the schedule actually does the Jets a favor for once. Cmon Jets I (we all) need a miracle season.

Let's go Jets!!!

Can’t wait to see you there!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

I hear you Phil. 
In 2017 I spent the majority of the year in the hospital damn close to dying one of the things that kept me preoccupied and sane was this infuriating team.  And that was a 5-11 Jet team.  
That year made me so aware of how much I’m invested and how much I rely on this team, this forum, us fans.  In fact Phil, who was aware of my situation kindly sent me a Sam Darnold statue to cheer me up in my recovery.  Hope the Jets and the board help do the same for you Phil. 

Thank you. I forgot about that Sam Darnold bobblehead. In fairness when I sent it it I fully believed he was going to be good haha.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

Seriously don't think I ever needed the Jets to be good, more than I need it this year. It is a scary place to be, counting on the Jets to relieve stress from real life and provide a positive distraction.  :)

I am going to be at the games even earlier this year. I'm eyeing up some road games, and I'm definitely doing Pittsburgh.

Week one, San Fran is hurting, let's get that one and then the schedule actually does the Jets a favor for once. Cmon Jets I (we all) need a miracle season.

Let's go Jets!!!

A lot of angels watching over us this year phil

i hopefully get the chance to meet you in person this year and tell you what an inspiration you have been and continue to be to me and I am sure many others on this board

God bless

• Post of the Week 4

7 hours ago, David Harris said:

My son is 14 and a die hard Jets fan. He’s never experienced a good, enjoyable season. 

The roster is loaded.  If not now, then never.

But what a great age for him to experience a deep playoff run! If they do it, he will never forget it.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

Let’s go Jets! 

We are all with you Phil. I truly hope that 10 games into the season the Board is filled with threads like:

Should we have run up the score like that?

Why didn’t they pull the starters in a blowout?

We need to try and work Olu onto the field to get him some playing experience.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

Amen Boss, Amen. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Maxman said:

Thank you. I forgot about that Sam Darnold bobblehead. In fairness when I sent it it I fully believed he was going to be good haha.

That’s makes two of us.  
I thought we finally had someone who would wear green awhile and do a good job and win games here.  

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

Yep, you definitely have this one coming to you.

At least in terms of a good season, I think it'll happen. 

Just so long as CJ Mosley doesn't again singlehandedly blow 4-5 games, of course.

• Haha 2

I truly feel the Jets are teed up for a memorable season. As fans we forget that last season was a gut shot to not only us, but to the players. I believe we have a super-motivated group of talented players whose #1 priority is winning and winning big. I fully expect more than a fair share of blowout wins. And we are going to come out of the gate very strong.

BTW I will be in Pitt too. Can't wait to blow out the Steelers in their stadium.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

First of all , I'm am saddened and very sorry for your loss.  

I know exactly how you feel Phil. In June 2016 I lost my wife shockingly overnight. I looked to the Jets for comfort and got 5-11. Had a house fire May 2021 that displaced me for 2 years and got a  3-11. In  Nov .2023 I had open heart surgery in which they couldn't restart my heart and had to get a pacemaker put in. From ICU I watched the Raiders Jets game and I was so disgusted, it almost stopped my pacemaker !

This is a new era for me.  I've sold my home and live in a nice little place out in the woods. After some initial problems post surgery, the doctors have my condition under control. Finally, two weeks ago  I was got married to a lovely lady who has been there and taken care of me through my setbacks.

This is the year Phil. When life throws us a lemon or two,  if we keep squeezing, eventually we'll have lemonade. Hopefully, in February, we'll have enough lemonade ( especially with the lemons we've seen on the field over the last decade), for everyone here to raise a glass. It's gonna be fun to watch !

• Sympathy 4
  • Post of the Week 3

I know, man ... I've told you before, the last game I watched with my Father was the Jets v Bill's comeback win in 2022. He passed on the Jets bye the following Sunday... 😔 

Of course, they then collapsed down the stretch when I really needed SOMETHING to just distract me for a while... 

Not comparable in ANY WAY to what you're going through, but I get what you mean, brother. 

• Sympathy 2

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

This season is in the bag, Phil. AI said so! Jets vs. KC in AFC Championship Game. Get the RV serviced now for the drive to KC.
image.jpeg.955b34b08af648a410d0fbf47ec3e3b7.jpeg

In all seriousness, we all need this! It’s been a long depressing decade.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, David Harris said:

My son is 14 and a die hard Jets fan. He’s never experienced a good, enjoyable season. 

The roster is loaded.  If not now, then never.

I was only a couple years older last time the Jets were good. I was so young, so naive, didn't realize good times like that don't come around often with this franchise. I figured the earlier years of my fandom were just downtrodden because of Tom Brady, and that things would be turning around from then on.

Make sure he appreciates it if we do get a good one lol

32 minutes ago, Mr. Rogers said:

I was only a couple years older last time the Jets were good. I was so young, so naive, didn't realize good times like that don't come around often with this franchise. I figured the earlier years of my fandom were just downtrodden because of Tom Brady, and that things would be turning around from then on.

Make sure he appreciates it if we do get a good one lol

My oldest son Connor was born in January 2009. Jets made the AFCCG the following 2 years and I had the thought, "Maybe he'll grow up rooting for a GOOD Jets team with me". 

Yeah, I was way off. 

• Sympathy 1

11 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

Not going into details, but September of 1998 was the hardest month of my life.  That season was a blessing in more ways than one. 

I hope they win it all for you! 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

Let's go Jets!!!

My Pops passed in March, and we are jets fans over 40 plus years. This year would be a complete release emotionally for me if they won it all I certainly need it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2