Will McDonald 3 sacks

Rhg1084

13 minutes ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He was, my mistake, was active last 2 games, maybe he generate a pass rush in the next game or 2.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It is strange how we went from "one of the best DLs in the league" to the DL being filled with UDFAs & practice squad players in a matter of a few weeks.

I think it is going to be a problem throughout the season, Reddick or no.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

No victory lap

just having a little fun

remembered who critical you were of that pick 

not a big deal 

I was.  Still am.  

Like I said, congrats to him, a 3 sack day is a big deal.  He should be very happy, as should people who supported his pick, as should anyone who wanted to win today, he helped it happen.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

Does McGregor get called up to active squad? With JJ out and Reddick MIA, may have to turn to the kid and see how it goes

2 hours ago, JetsYanks13 said:

He was, my mistake, was active last 2 games, maybe he generate a pass rush in the next game or 2.

I think he played a full drive in the 1st half.  He looked like absolute sh*t against the run on at least one play, and my impression was that it was more.  I think we are going to see more Jalyn Holmes and EDGE and maybe McGregor as DPR or down the stretch when we just need a rush.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes?

I hope he keeps it up, we're gonna need it, right now we're one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL.  JJ's done for the year.  Reddick is at home burning his money, and we're gonna need a hell of lot more than what the D showed tonight to be a .500 team, much less a playoff team.

Sure are alot of player-personnel victory laps being taken tonight for one sh*t near-loss against a bottom 5 NFL team.  

Regardless, a 3-sack performance is a worthy accomplishment, so congrats to him.  I hope he continues to play this way, as we certainly need him to do so now.  A definite jump from his game v. the 9'ers.  

Bah.  First of all, I don't believe tha the Titans are actually a bottom 5 NFL team, but assuming that they are, it is because their QB hands the game to the other team.  They were 6th worst last year.  They beat the living piss out of Chicago who were a game better last year, but  I think will be bottom 5 in 2024.  The Bears had under 150 total yards.  The Titans lost on a blocked punt, pick 6 and some long FGs which came from a fumble and INT.  The reason the Titans are bad is because they gift the game to the other team.  Then you want to penalize the Jets for winning because the Titans gifted them the game?  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Then you want to penalize the Jets for winning because the Titans gifted them the game?  

There is no such thing as a “penalized win”. Wins are wins and we won. That’s what mattered most for yesterday.

With that said, IMO we need to play materially better in the future if we want to beat better teams and to win consistently going forward.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Warfish said:

Yes?

I hope he keeps it up, we're gonna need it, right now we're one of the worst pass rushes in the NFL.  JJ's done for the year.  Reddick is at home burning his money, and we're gonna need a hell of lot more than what the D showed tonight to be a .500 team, much less a playoff team.

Sure are alot of player-personnel victory laps being taken tonight for one sh*t near-loss against a bottom 5 NFL team.  

Regardless, a 3-sack performance is a worthy accomplishment, so congrats to him.  I hope he continues to play this way, as we certainly need him to do so now.  A definite jump from his game v. the 9'ers.  

I still haven’t seen the thirds sack yet, even on the NFL game summary tape. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I've been thinking the same and it must be the Levis fumble/lateral. Before he did that, he tripped over McDonald's legs.  

Went to confirm:

W.Levis sacked at NYJ 11 for -5 yards (W.McDonald). FUMBLES (W.McDonald) [W.McDonald], touched at NYJ 12, RECOVERED by NYJ-Qi.Williams at NYJ 12. Qi.Williams to NYJ 12 for no gain (T.Spears).

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I've been thinking the same and it must be the Levis fumble/lateral. Before he did that, he tripped over McDonald's legs.  

Went to confirm:

W.Levis sacked at NYJ 11 for -5 yards (W.McDonald). FUMBLES (W.McDonald) [W.McDonald], touched at NYJ 12, RECOVERED by NYJ-Qi.Williams at NYJ 12. Qi.Williams to NYJ 12 for no gain (T.Spears).

So not just a sack, but a sack that led directly to a turnover?

Better start measuring up his gold jacket ... :D  

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I’m happy he’s just wearing green fur right now, but yeah wasn’t expecting 3 sacks including a fur Ed fumbles. Now if he can just do it every week.. haha 

What we really, REALLY need now is consistency. I'm hoping he gets a boost from this game and uses it to show up again Thursday night. As teams see more of him they'll start to take him seriously and will adjust, which he'll need to be ready for. How long have we complained that the D can't get that one last stop in crunch time? Well, he did just that. 

Worst thing will be that we don't hear anything from him for the next 2-3 weeks now. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

I very much remember one sack call for him, I don't recall the other two personally.

Regardless, nothing will make me happier than him proving my disagreement with his draft selection as wrong as possible by tearing up opposing QB's for many years at an elite level.

I still think JSN was the right pick for this team at that spot.  JSN had a good day yesterday too, 12 catches, 117 yards.  Far better than his week one 2 for 19 lol.  Of course, McDonald had one tackle week one, so quiet starts for both followed by better games.  I just prefer offense over defense, especially with a short-window with a guy like Rodgers, but hopefully we filled that same WR need with Corely (TBD).

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I very much remember one sack call for him, I don't recall the other two personally.

Regardless, nothing will make me happier than him proving my disagreement with his draft selection as wrong as possible by tearing up opposing QB's for many years at an elite level.

I still think JSN was the right pick for this team at that spot.  JSN had a good day yesterday too, 12 catches, 117 yards.  Far better than his week one 2 for 19 lol.  Of course, McDonald had one tackle week one, so quiet starts for both followed by better games.  I just prefer offense over defense, especially with a short-window with a guy like Rodgers, but hopefully we filled that same WR need with Corely (TBD).

But if jsn is here, he’s getting 3 catches for 28 yards.  Look at wilson yesterday.  Look at how they used the rbs.  Another 1st round wr is a waste here until there’s a new regime.  

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

All good points, as usual. Feel same way. 

• Upvote 1