Aaron Rodgers voted most annoying by NFL fans

1 hour ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

There's a 60/40 chance this list is influenced by his personal politics ....and that's being generous. 

That and the overexposure.  Look at who's second.  I'll bet several years ago it was probably Brady.  Who cares.

• Upvote 1

Well 3000 people being surveyed isn't a broad enough group.

Case in point, It says that the NY Jets think the Eagles are the most annoying fan base. And I call that "Poppycock!" I don't get a crap about the Eagles.

It's either the scumhole Phins' phans or those bandwagon Patriots fans.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

There's a 60/40 chance this list is influenced by his personal politics ....and that's being generous. 

60/40?

There is a 100% chance that his selection by fans is influenced by his personal politics.

Same way there is a 100% chance that Kelce being on there is related to his Swifty-relations.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, The Gun Of Bavaria said:

You’d be correct, as they published their data breakdown.

Other than what you’re alluding to (which was unsurprising flipped for Rodgers and Kelce), it’s who’s the most exposed. So unless you’re out of the spotlight and STILL make the top 3-4 (OBJ), the rest of the top 4 are the 3 most visible players. The only other player as exposed is Mahomes.

Plus while Rodgers is visibly much mellower now than years ago, he justifiably earned a lot of that annoying reputation when he was younger and an obnoxious hothead making angry faces at any play that didn’t go his way. The poll sample accounts for this as well, as dislike for him went up with age. 18-24 year olds didn’t regularly see that stuff from 10-15 years ago (he was in a five way tie for a very distant 2nd, with each of them way behind Kelce who no one ever saw off the field until these past few seasons.

Like @green&white said, if he was still playing it would’ve been Brady. The most annoying off the field is going to be among the most exposed off the field. Hardly surprising. Jets did Hard Knocks last year (which may as well have been titled Hard for Aaron Rodgers) which surely increased the show’s ratings, and then he didn’t play yet was still a regular on tv off the field every week talking about himself, his injury, darkroom’ing himself, and more. Plus the poll was taken right on the heels of lots of exposure for missing those camp days to vacation in Egypt. Not difficult to find all that cumulatively annoying.

Oh yeah, and without normalizing the data, they oversampled Bears and Vikings fans, with Lions and Packers in the next tier, for whatever reason. It may not have changed things, as he polled highest for most fan bases anyway, but then in the end they’re polling more than 2x as many Bears fans compared to Cowboys fans, and almost 3x as many Vikings fans as Titans fans. 

Really I just want to see him QB the Jets to many wins. He can be as annoying as he wants - and even more so, further magnified by how many national games the Jets have this season - if he does that.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

I'd vote for Kelce's brother although now retired but annoying. Surprised to see Mahomes at 8% but probably because he gets so much exposure. As for Rodgers just watch him on McAfee's show. 

Jason Kelce is annoyingly everywhere but I have to admit, from what I heard, he was pretty good in his cameo in the booth with his commentary.

Whereas Tom Brady is awkward and awful.

It was naive and on some level disrespectful to the broadcasting profession (i.e. real dudes like Ian Eagle, Gus Johnson, etc.) to throw that much money at a guy with zero training or background and just assume he would be good at the job just because he was all-world at his other job.

2 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

I'd vote for Kelce's brother although now retired but annoying. Surprised to see Mahomes at 8% but probably because he gets so much exposure. As for Rodgers just watch him on McAfee's show. 

mahomes IS EFFING ANNOYING ... should be 80%.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Week 1 I found Aaron Annoying AF. Week 2 I found him tolerable. Week 3? I'll be back after the game to share my feelings.  Since that what we do here now.

This is the answer. Win and IDGAF if you believe Roger Goodell is a Lizard person from Atlantis. Lose, and I will judge you based on whether you drink Coke or Pepsi.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Jason Kelce is annoyingly everywhere but I have to admit, from what I heard, he was pretty good in his cameo in the booth with his commentary.

Nope. He was in the booth late in hard fought game rooting like a homer. It was unprofessional of the telecast more than anything.