SALEH FIRED

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

I would love to see Ulrich have some real balls right now.   Tell JD and Woody that he wants a 3 year contract, the ability to hire his own coaches and full control over the roster he’s given so he can actually bench Rodgers if needed.

This looks like a career trap for Ulrich unless he has real authority.

Ulbrich should definitely hold out.   Post Tik Toks of him and Reddick hanging out. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Maybe Saleh will do better if he gets a 2nd try at being a HC in the future, but yeah, I think his ceiling is DC (for now at least). 

His ceiling is the second round of the Michigan State cheerleader competition.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Good move but Ulbrch better just be an interim place holder unless we do something like win the division.

Ulbrich is a Saleh disciple and just another D coach.

It took aaron rodgers about 5 games  played to be a coach killer, that is impressive.

Pretty Impossible to get a established head coach mid season. 

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Surprised to hear you say that. I thought you were one of his last defenders (not being sarcastic).  

My take was I wanted to see what he could do with an actual NFL quality QB instead of a dude that will be out of football at the end of the year.

To me his biggest accomplishment was getting the team to play hard during the Zach Wilson years. It must have been a monumental task to keep the players from either mutinying or quiting while Wilson was out there stinking up the joint. I give him credit for that.

4 minutes ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually Jets worst game was opening day vs SF and the run defense was really bad. It's improved. My concern is with Ulbrich going to be a first time HC how will this affect the defense. Will he still be directly involved in it. As for Saleh I'd have given him the 2024 season and just hoped the team would improve. We just lost two close games. Good teams sometimes lose close games it's the difference between making or not making the playoffs. As for AR it had to go through him. He might not have ordered it but he must have been told about it before the fact. Did the Lebanon flag on his jacket have anything to do with his firing. Woody is very political and chances are it did. 

Doubt it. But even if it did....leave the politics off this board 

• Post of the Week 1

If the Jets beat the Vikings, Saleh is the head coach until at least after the Steelers game. I applaud Woody for showing a sense of urgency and making the necessary move. 

The hot seat is now being filled by JD. If the Jets finish this season strong, JD is getting an extension. If we limp into the playoffs or miss the playoffs, JD is a goner.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ulbrich should definitely hold out.   Post Tik Toks of him and Reddick hanging out. 

How much would you love him and Reddick from there living room on Payton and Eli Monday night

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

My take was I wanted to see what he could do with an actual NFL quality QB instead of a dude that will be out of football at the end of the year.

To me his biggest accomplishment was getting the team to play hard during the Zach Wilson years. It must have been a monumental task to keep the players from either mutinying or quiting while Wilson was out there stinking up the joint. I give him credit for that.

I mean to be fair it doesn’t matter who the QB is…Saleh was the biggest problem 

• WTF? 1

Was at the game in London i was shocked at how disinterested Saleh looked on the line he must have known it was coming lack of coaching "skills" is one thing but lack of fight is totally unacceptable 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, jbt said:

Hackett is still here so what will change?

I am only speculating but the HC sets the tempo for the team.  I'm sure Saleh influenced the offensive game plan.  Probably told Hackett to "keep it close" and the defense will grind out a win...

• Haha 1

Just now, Biggs said:

I would love to see Ulrich have some real balls right now.   Tell JD and Woody that he wants a 3 year contract, the ability to hire his own coaches and full control over the roster he’s given so he can actually bench Rodgers if needed.

This looks like a career trap for Ulrich unless he has real authority.

I think Ulbrich Von Liechtenstein leads us to a wildcard birth, then jumps ship.

I don't think that's a bad outcome, though - for him or for us. We need an offensive-minded head coach.

Would be epic to get offensive HC and retain Ulbrich as DC but that's probably not realistic. 

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I know it's a joke and won't happen but Rex would get a lot more out of this roster. Not sure what he'd do with this OL coach though.

Punch him in the mouth like his father did 😀😀

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Edgy said:

I mean, he's absolutely going to turn around that offense.  I was hopeful until I heard that this meant they had some actual plan.

This didn't make us any better unless they brought in an offensive person to help.  So all it does is pacify the fan base and the 'fire all the bums' crowd without any f'n plan in place.

It also doesn't (in theory) make us any worse, so worst case scenario, it's a wash. We know what we have with Bobby Salad, time for something new and hopefully the spark we need to turn this around.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not arguing against it but it's pretty crazy the team is legit a missed FG and one missed pass away from 4-1. At 2-3 and "we're in the nothing part of the season" and a grenade is tossed on the CS. Wild.

That quote alone was worthy of him getting the ax.  But I bet the players started losing respect for Saleh.  Quincy Williams comments (the week after AR8’s comment) about accountability came from the top players on both the offense and the defense. 

• Upvote 2

Through five games, Ulbrich has led a defensive unit that ranks No. 1 in yards/play (4.26) and No. 2 in yards allowed/game (255.8). Despite losing edge Jermaine Johnson to an Achilles injury in Week 2, the Jets have racked up 18 sacks, their most after five games since 2008.

"He is a tough coach who has the respect of the coaches and players on this team," said Ambassador Johnson of Ulbrich. "I believe he along with the coaches on this staff can get the most out of our talented team and attain the goals we established this offseason."

Ulbrich, in his fourth season as defensive coordinator, led his unit to a No. 3 overall (292.3) finish in 2023 and a No. 4 finish in 2022.\

I didnt realize they were performing so well.  With Woody's ties to England, I am not surprised the embarrassment was too much for him.

Great job Woody!  Needed to happen and now let Rodgers and Hackett either make the offense go or they get the rope to hang themselves with and a full clean out at the end of the season...

• Upvote 1