**** OFFICIAL AFCE 1st PLACE JETS v BILLS GAME THREAD ****

Pac

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No TDs. Three games. 

The Vikings and Broncos both scored touchdowns? Sauce dropped an interception in the end zone and the Jets secondary blew a 3rd down coverage. They’ve been getting beat up at the LOS all season. 

• Sympathy 1

As someone who grew up watching Australian rules football, it never ceases to amaze me at how bad teams are at defending those passes. Every Australian kid who plays Australian rules football is taught that if you're behind your opponent who is looking to mark (catch) the ball in flight, you punch the ball. It always boggles my mind that defenders try to catch the ball instead of defend it in flight on a Hail Mary. I know they're often low percentage plays, but the Bills defence should be mad at themselves for misplaying that so badly.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Aussie Jet said:

As someone who grew up watching Australian rules football, it never ceases to amaze me at how bad teams are at defending those passes. Every Australian kid who plays Australian rules football is taught that if you're behind your opponent who is looking to mark (catch) the ball in flight, you punch the ball. It always boggles my mind that defenders try to catch the ball instead of defend it in flight on a Hail Mary. I know they're often low percentage plays, but the Bills defence should be made at themselves for misplaying that so badly.

Many NFL players are glory-hounds, and are often looking for the "free" INT to throw on their stat line, and they are certainly more common Hail Mary outcomes than TDs, but to your point, that does not make it a particularly smart move.

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Vikings and Broncos both scored touchdowns? Sauce dropped an interception in the end zone and the Jets secondary blew a 3rd down coverage. They’ve been getting beat up at the LOS all season. 

My bad. It’s one TD in three games. Vikings TD was the pick six. Bo Nix threw a TD to Courtland Sutton.