Adams traded to Jets

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean if it's something like - make the superbowl and you get a 2nd, I still think it's too much but I can digest that. I doubt that's the sort of condition put on a WR trade though. It's likely something with stats or probowl/all-pro awards.

As we saw from Rodgers trade, JD really likes snap % as a condition.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I want to be excited, but man this organization has nothing but a long history of brining in guys like Adams who then underachieve.  If this turns out to to be a great move then awesome, BUT I think all of us Jets fans deserve to be extremely cynical right now.  It's time to PROVE it before any of us should give a flying F.  Douglas should absolutely be shot into the sun if this move busts.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, jgb said:

As we saw from Rodgers trade, JD really likes snap % as a condition.

I hope there's some actual success tied to it beyond snap count. Like Rodgers would be only the 3rd QB in NFL history to play a full season at 40 years or older and he's been taking shots. That doesn't seem like it's going to get better.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Bro let’s ******* go!!!! Wilson and Adams.. how do you even guard that? 

Easy, see the scenario now. Announcers Nantz snd Romo: "Jim: And Rodgers with a dart to Adams for the Td and the Jets take the lead. Tony: Hold on Jim there's a flag on the field. REF: "Pass interference offense number 17 of the offense, 10 yard penalty still second down". Jim: Boy Tony that's a backbreaker for the Jets let's see the replay. (Replay plays) Tony: Boy I don't know about that one. Jim: Gene what did you see. Steratore: I don't know Jim, if I was the ref I wouldn't have called that one. Jim: Tough one for the Jets there." Then they move on like nothing happened. Repeat with 3-4 similar calls in the game, albeit not on a TD. Then on Monday if/when the Jets lose the narrative/script will be "OH those undisciplined Jets". 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • En Fuego 1

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

I hope there's some actual success tied to it beyond snap count. Like Rodgers would be only the 3rd QB in NFL history to play a full season at 40 years or older and he's been taking shots. That doesn't seem like it's going to get better.

Imagine how much of a teammate Devante will be if rodgers goes down and he’s basically back in Vegas East coast version 

• Haha 3

We waited a week to then crack and give them everything they wanted?!! Why not just do it from the jump we coulda had Adams for last night. Dear lord I hate this franchise 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

The positive is the Raiders have a long history of bringing in vets who dog it and then excel on their next stop: Carson Palmer, Randy Moss... so basically this is an immoveable object versus irresistible force situation.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Some of you bitches are acting like this is coming out of your own pockets.

Either the Jets win a Super Bowl in the next two years, or we’re back to complete irrelevance with another Kellen Clemens at QB.

The Jets were already the definition of “all in”.

You might as well push the rest of your chips to the center of the table and go get a guy who is still arguably a Top 3 WR in the game and can run routes for Rodgers in his sleep.

Should've been done weeks ago, is the argument. Also JD screwed pooch on Reddick. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Some of you bitches are acting like this is coming out of your own pockets.

Either the Jets win a Super Bowl in the next two years, or we’re back to complete irrelevance with another Kellen Clemens at QB.

The Jets were already the definition of “all in”.

You might as well push the rest of your chips to the center of the table and go get a guy who is still arguably a Top 3 WR in the game and can run routes for Rodgers in his sleep.

I'm as pessimistic as they come, but if this move doesn't even excite you a little bit, why are you still watching the games?

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Should've been done weeks ago, is the argument. Also JD screwed pooch on Reddick. 

Never should have traded JFM

Should have restructured him instead

JFM has inside outside versatility and is at least solid whereas Clemons and Kinlaw are liabilities in both the run and pass games

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

Woody doubling down because he needs Rodgers to work. It's not going to work and we're starting over next year with less draft capital and more cap issues.

This 

Woody is a complete idiot, rodgers is broken down and team is undisciplined,  clueless and super overrated 

He should be commanding the tank tbh