Three tidbits from Cimini’s pod yesterday

1 hour ago, Pac said:

So the locker room is kind of unhappy about being 2-5? 

Look out Woodward, Cimini is dropping nuggets all over the place. 

And I guarantee you ARod will thankfully be back next year along with Davante. 

Guaranteed, huh? What do we get if you're wrong?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I know, I know. It’s fake news. He hates the Jets and the Jets are actually good and well run. So save yourself the time and stop reading. But he floated a few things he thinks he sees, one of which turned out to be true already:

1. Rodgers has been heroically nursing a hamstring. Team confirmed as much today. 

2. Cimini was asked about the young players choosing to walk away from the team because it sucks. He said Sauce and Hall will likely re-sign, but there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

3. Rodgers is “most likely” gone after the season. Says that Rodgers is prideful, and the injuries and mediocre play will convince him to retire.

4. Kind of an allusion, but said that there’s a lot of unhappiness/disenchantment in the locker room. 

If the team goes 7-10, I can't see Rodgers staying.  They'll want a whole new coaching staff, and he'll want out.

Trading Wilson makes sense, he is going to want an extension, and that doesn't make sense with the current team.   Trade him, you can probably get a 1 back, and use that to help rebuild.

Jets will need a new GM, and an entire new coaching staff.   It will be hard to get someone good to come here, because Woody is a train wreck, and coaches don't do well with this franchise.

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The Rodgers move totally deep sixed this version of the jets.

A promising team with lots of drafted talent.

The team 100% panicked when it became apparent that zach wilson was a bust.

They ignored Rodgers last year in green bay and fell for his shtick.

F'cked over many parts of team building to coddle Rodgers.

All are to blame.

Woody of course, Douglas appears to be one of the weakest gms i have ever seen, a gloried scout by this time,

Coaching and scheme stinks both on offense and defense.   Our defense which has a lot of talent could have been great rather than just good but the scheme is vanilla, not aggressive and never made use of the best players strengths.

The Jets still have a chance to do do something his season but it looks bleak.

If they do lose a few more and the playoffs are out the best thing to happen would be total implosion 5 win season.  But we all know that ill not happen, the team will win their last 3 or 4 games, deep six the draft status and convince woody that ulbrich is the answer.

It's what the Jets do.

Good post.  Building a solid young nucleus, Zach predictably craps out and no doubt Woody says move over fellas I'm in charge now.   Lets fly out and rope us in some Aaron Rodgers.  To hell with the plan we had all agreed to, one move went south and now you're all on the outs.   The rest of leadership no doubt were dying throughout this metamorphosis but in all fairness were in no position to fight back.

Speaking of our favorite billionaire, entitled dolt where was he this past Tuesday?  Not off trading valuable future picks or signing holdouts at great expense that if lucky will help get us to 6 wins?  Are we out of picks or something or maybe he's just off sailing in St Barts?  Don't wish him to drown but at least we can hope he gets as seasick as he and his team make the rest of us.     

4 minutes ago, chirorob said:

If the team goes 7-10, I can't see Rodgers staying.  They'll want a whole new coaching staff, and he'll want out.

Trading Wilson makes sense, he is going to want an extension, and that doesn't make sense with the current team.   Trade him, you can probably get a 1 back, and use that to help rebuild.

Jets will need a new GM, and an entire new coaching staff.   It will be hard to get someone good to come here, because Woody is a train wreck, and coaches don't do well with this franchise.

If we are drafting or starting a cheap QB paying Wilson makes more sense than not 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I don’t think I’d listen to Cimini if his was the last pod on earth.

Anyway, for Sauce’s talent and physical gifts he should be embarrassed at his performance level.

Instead of always tackling the WR before the ball gets there, turn your freaking head around and go and make a play on the freaking ball.

Man up in run support and don’t let a freaking RB who runs a 4.8 40 beat you to the edge.

13 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t think I’d listen to Cimini if his was the last pod on earth.

Anyway, for Sauce’s talent and physical gifts he should be embarrassed at his performance level.

Instead of always tackling the WR before the ball gets there, turn your freaking head around and go and make a play on the freaking ball.

Man up in run support and don’t let a freaking RB who runs a 4.8 40 beat you to the edge.

Not sure if the turn on the Jets podcast guys have much juice but they have made a 180 turn on Sauce as a player and his leadership capabilities. You’d be insane to give him a second contract right now.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d have no interest in trading Wilson. He’s the first of the three I’d sign. Sign him and Hall and trade Sauce, if anything  

Yes, sauce is overrated.  Hall is decent but replaceable.  But these decisions are relatively minor to who the head coach is.  Even bad gms for the jets drafted darnold and geno and they’re fine.  We have no system to develop qbs here and it’s going to ruin the next qb they draft too.  I would not be surprised if they actually keep jd b/c woody wanted rodgers and may not blame him.  He clearly hated saleh, and this entire coaching staff is probably gone as well. So imo we’re looking at a new hc, hopefully not from the retread pile. 

1 hour ago, TommyT said:

If at any point Brick declares us eliminated from the playoffs, it is confirmation we make a run for the Superbowl.

“This is tough, because we’re obviously out of the playoffs,’’ Rex Ryan said. “We thought we had a great chance to make it to the playoffs. This is hugely disappointing.’’

December 20, 2009.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Sure, but I thought the most eyebrow-raising piece was offering that a Garrett Wilson trade rumor has some legs. 

I’ve said this a few times. When being praised for his second 1000 yard season last year, he responded that it had been his most frustrating season playing ball. He waited a year for Rodgers to appear under center, and it’s not much less frustrating. Add in the fact that the Davante trade slides him to WR1B, and it’s not a stretch to think that he might want to evacuate the premises at 1JD. When we talk about resigning these guys, he’s the one who I expect to leave on his own. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

3. Rodgers is “most likely” gone after the season. Says that Rodgers is prideful, and the injuries and mediocre play will convince him to retire.

I actually interpret this in the opposite direction. Guy will keep playing until he gets his proper "comeback" and can retire on a high note. A pride guy like him wouldn't go out on a bad note out of fear of getting worse.

I know, I know. It’s fake news. He hates the Jets and the Jets are actually good and well run. So save yourself the time and stop reading. But he floated a few things he thinks he sees, one of which turned out to be true already:

1. Rodgers has been heroically nursing a hamstring. Team confirmed as much today. 

2. Cimini was asked about the young players choosing to walk away from the team because it sucks. He said Sauce and Hall will likely re-sign, but there’s a good possibility Garrett Wilson gets himself traded. Said that Wilson has been “frustrated” and generally unhappy. 

4. Kind of an allusion, but said that there’s a lot of unhappiness/disenchantment in the locker room. 

duh on no.1.  it's plenty obvious rodgers has been injured these past couple of games.  a little more mobility from rodgers might have saved a game or two.  these are the times when the back up is supposed to be put in to get the starter healthy.  i certainly wouldn't be taking the patsies lightly.  they're home and usually can get ready to play the jets.  this is a game where the run game really needs to work.

11 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’m guessing he wants to win, and knows it’s not happening with this ownership 

That’s just an excuse

If he wants to win, catch the ball that hits you in the hands in the end zone with the game on the line

He let another ball bounce off his chest for an INT because ownership is bad?

GW is what he is.

He might think he’s Lebron or Curry or Kobe or whatever but he’s nowhere close to a superstar right now.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, GangGreened said:

I’m guessing he wants to win, and knows it’s not happening with this ownership 

Well, i don't think so, he's a diva and his body language when the Jets were winning but he had 40 yards will tell you that.

GW wants to be the reason the team wins not only being on a winning team, and thats the only way he will be happy. Kinda crazy that right now his drops and lack of overall awareness is another thing killing this team.

Garret Wilson is the only that is worth extending. He is the only one that is truly sick that he is not winning. Yes, he has made mistakes, but who wouldn't when you spend three years with literally no coaching whatsoever to make you better. 

Rodgers will absolutely leave the Jets and not look back. I am not sure he will retire, maybe he will go to Minnesota or the Saints and retire there after winning 1 more superbowl. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Pretty sure the Jets have snatched his soul. 

Ya know, like when the Monstars in Space Jam took all the talent out from the NBA players.

Pretty much the same thing.

I'm pretty sure his below average play has taken his soul, which has nothing to do with the team he's let down and more to do with himself.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The Rodgers move totally deep sixed this version of the jets.

A promising team with lots of drafted talent.

The team 100% panicked when it became apparent that zach wilson was a bust.

They ignored Rodgers last year in green bay and fell for his shtick.

F'cked over many parts of team building to coddle Rodgers.

All are to blame.

Woody of course, Douglas appears to be one of the weakest gms i have ever seen, a gloried scout by this time,

Coaching and scheme stinks both on offense and defense.   Our defense which has a lot of talent could have been great rather than just good but the scheme is vanilla, not aggressive and never made use of the best players strengths.

The Jets still have a chance to do do something his season but it looks bleak.

If they do lose a few more and the playoffs are out the best thing to happen would be total implosion 5 win season.  But we all know that ill not happen, the team will win their last 3 or 4 games, deep six the draft status and convince woody that ulbrich is the answer.

It's what the Jets do.

We could've brought in a vet like Carr, and have the structure in place to properly develop a QB behind the scenes. Now we have to watch the Pats succeed with a young QB we should've gone after.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Woody Derangement Syndrome going on here. Woody is in Overdrive!

Miami will fire McDaniel, an offensive coach who's offense was good for half a season then sucked, and Woody will be all over him. The Miami to Jets HC pipeline will be revived!

• Sympathy 1